Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Headlight - Whats this?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Carnoch

Headlight - Whats this?

Okay, I have a slight suspicion what this bit may be, but I'd like other informed views.

Basically, it's broken, God knows how, it's part of the headlamp, situated on the back of it, within the engine compartment.

The car was into the Stealers, ones which I have continual problems with and low and behold, they said it wasn't wear and tear and consequentlty not covered by warranty. I dispair, the headlamp has never been knocked or things tampered with. The Stealer in question has been the only person to have their hands on the car. I do wonder when I scored a victory over them a couple of months ago, for another case of, 'it ain't covered by warranty' if they arn't just being plain petty and awkward now. They are a glowing example of why I am starting to seriously reconsider NOT renewing both my LR's. Bloody useless lot of self pontificating morons! This at the same time I spotted a wierd bit at the top of the front windscreen, which looked like the seal was very slightly broken and the Stealers tell me it's a chipped windscreen. I've never seen a chipped windscreen with absolutely no visable chip, not even a pin head or anything you can't feel with your pinkie. Strangly enough, they were going to see if a chipped windscreen was covered by the warranty?????????????

Oh, I see it has a part number 6H52-13A004 AA. Maybe it can be sourced and replaced for pennies? In the second picture, you can see the long shafted thing that clips into the broken bit at the bottom of the photo.

Post #64243 21st Mar 2010 11:59 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Looks to be the release clip to slide the headlight out

low mileage, original bulbs? No reason to taken light out = dealer or production line error = warranty replacement

get snotty with LRCS Exclamation Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #64245 21st Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Carnoch

Thanks, thats what I'd have said, but the Stealer ...... Funny how they won't speak to you when you pick the vehicle up, far too busy, the Receptionist relays messages and eventually says, they will phone you. The next day they do, your not in and they leave a message!

A letter or visit to the Director and Dealer Principal I think. No mucking about, if they don't agree, sue!

Post #64251 21st Mar 2010 2:43 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Have had headlamps out both 08 and new 10 FL's to fit upgrade bulbs,and confirm part is release catch.Only time used is to remove lamp assy.
If you have not touched it presume it was "Jimmy Naebody" he gets the blame of many a wrong doing!!!
Certainly did not break itself. Has any repair required removal of lamp?? All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #64259 21st Mar 2010 4:10 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

Part number is LR001538, list price is £2.80

Post #64260 21st Mar 2010 4:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Cheaply made components I suspect!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #64322 21st Mar 2010 10:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ou toppie

South Africa 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

They are cross ties holding the rearcovers on the headlamp assemblies. Both mine have been broken since new . The dealer is going to replace both of them when they do the third and final free service in July.

Post #64384 22nd Mar 2010 5:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1