Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > For Sale & Wanted > Shaddow Chrome 19" Alloys (New).
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

The other thing about Duckworths is this as I found out as I was going to buy my Shadows from them. Their wheels according to my dealer because they gave me the part number are US/foreign spec. What is this I said?
The tyre pressure monitor fitted in the tyres works on 315MHZ & the UK spec ones are 433MHZ. If you fit the wrong spec wheels & tyres to your car & there is a fault with either the tyre or the wheel LANDROVER will refuse to pay out under the warranty = Total rip off & you would think they were working with the Government with that statement especially when the FL2 doesn't even have the monitoring system fitted anyway! Rolling with laughter (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #63866 16th Mar 2010 9:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ad210358

England 

Junior wrote:
Executive Valeter wrote:
£850. If they are dear please tell me how Landrover justify selling them for £2100?

Another price slash-now ONLY £850

P.S. Spelling mistakes on ebay can be costly-it means only dyslexics can find them in the searches Laughing

P.P.S. There's only 1 P in Triple Whistle

Junior, your postings remind me of another member, can't put my finger on it but there is something familiar. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #63878 16th Mar 2010 11:21 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Executive Valeter wrote:
£850. If they are dear please tell me how Landrover justify selling them for £2100?

They don't as know one buys them from Land Rover, I bought mine brand new with tyres for £800. If you order them with your new FL2, they are a £500 option, not £2k. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #65102 29th Mar 2010 11:31 pm
Marky

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Executive Valeter wrote:
The other thing about Duckworths is this as I found out as I was going to buy my Shadows from them. Their wheels according to my dealer because they gave me the part number are US/foreign spec. What is this I said?
The tyre pressure monitor fitted in the tyres works on 315MHZ & the UK spec ones are 433MHZ. If you fit the wrong spec wheels & tyres to your car & there is a fault with either the tyre or the wheel LANDROVER will refuse to pay out under the warranty = Total rip off & you would think they were working with the Government with that statement especially when the FL2 doesn't even have the monitoring system fitted anyway! Rolling with laughter

I have emailed Dan at Duckworths as I'm considering buying triPle sports, below is extract from email he has mailed to me this morning

Hi

None of our stock is from overseas comes direct out the Land Rover factory in Desford.
fitting the alloys will not invalidate any warranty claim, as the wheels are genuine and
supplied from a franchised dealer
Regards
Dan
 2010 FL2 XS Auto in Santorini Black with HSE alloys

Post #65217 31st Mar 2010 8:58 am
gstd4-e

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Fuji White

Mine came from Duckworths. They do have the tyre pressure sensors and the are 433Mhz. You can’t monitor them as there is noting fitted to the car. The factory in Desford is Caterpillar who are Land Rover’s parts distributor. A Land Rover owner since 1988

From a 1974 series III to a 12MY XS FL2 with help of a 1995 D1, 1996 D1, 2005 D3, 2007 D3 and a 2009 FL2.

Post #65231 31st Mar 2010 11:47 am
The Valeter

Marky wrote:
Executive Valeter wrote:
The tyre pressure monitor fitted in the tyres works on 315MHZ & the UK spec ones are 433MHZ. If you fit the wrong spec wheels & tyres to your car & there is a fault with either the tyre or the wheel LANDROVER will refuse to pay out under the warranty = Total rip off & you would think they were working with the Government with that statement especially when the FL2 doesn't even have the monitoring system fitted anyway! Rolling with laughter

I have emailed Dan at Duckworths as I'm considering buying triPle sports, below is extract from email he has mailed to me this morning

Hi

None of our stock is from overseas comes direct out the Land Rover factory in Desford.
fitting the alloys will not invalidate any warranty claim, as the wheels are genuine and
Regards
Dan

That is what I was told too but they are yes produced in the same place but for a different market though. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #65285 31st Mar 2010 8:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Valeter

Just sold for £925.00. Whistle (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #65286 31st Mar 2010 8:24 pm
Marky

I'm sure the new owner will be happpy with their purchase Thumbs Up 2010 FL2 XS Auto in Santorini Black with HSE alloys

Last edited by Marky on 1st Apr 2010 9:10 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #65290 31st Mar 2010 8:56 pm
ad210358

England 

Executive Valeter wrote:

Are you suggesting then that Land Rover UK are selling to one of their UK dealers equipment that they will sell to UK market, goods that is not supposed to be used in the Uk Confused p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #65292 31st Mar 2010 9:50 pm
The Valeter

ad210358 wrote:
Executive Valeter wrote:

Are you suggesting then that Land Rover UK are selling to one of their UK dealers equipment that they will sell to UK market, goods that is not supposed to be used in the Uk Confused

That is what it would appear from what I was told. Just another ludicrous story really as there is no monitoring system anyway so the whole problem need not exist, it is just like an insurance company scenario - find any little issue to avoid a payout. Evil or Very Mad (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #65305 1st Apr 2010 8:23 am
lypsyl

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Alaska White

The local LR garage has these wheels brand new with tyres for £699 supplied and fitted if anyone wants any. I know

Post #65314 1st Apr 2010 10:01 am
Junior

England 

Yes, but are these the UK spec or the US version that The car washer was referring to?

Post #65344 1st Apr 2010 2:40 pm
The Valeter

Junior wrote:
Yes, but are these the UK spec or the US version that The car washer was referring to?

I will pose this question on Tuesday when I speak to my contact at Landrover!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #65382 1st Apr 2010 9:10 pm
The Valeter

Executive Valeter wrote:
Just sold for £925.00. Whistle

Collected & paid for in cash this morning............ Thumbs Up

There was a dealer selling them on fleabay the other day for £1400 & they added in their text that their price was a bargain saving you £700+. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #65384 1st Apr 2010 9:13 pm
Marky

Executive Valeter wrote:
Marky wrote:
Executive Valeter wrote:

Hi

Regards
Dan

That is what I was told too but they are yes produced in the same place but for a different market though.

The point was ..... you intmated that the warranty would be affected, Dan was simply confirming that this would not be the case. 2010 FL2 XS Auto in Santorini Black with HSE alloys

Post #65604 5th Apr 2010 9:36 am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>