Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Various glitches & tech problems posted - Some Answers!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Jumplead

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue
Various glitches & tech problems posted - Some Answers!

There have been many “glitches” with the FL2 listed on the forum, some of which I’ve posted myself! I have finally put my car into the dealer, last week, with a fairly comprehensive list to deal with, and can advise as follows;-

HANDBRAKE; I found the hand brake function on my FL2 had deteriorated and asked dealer to re-adjust. It has been and the outcome is, I guess, you have to put this down to a quirk of the vehicle – if you’re on a slope, give it a good yank and leave it in gear – they can’t improve on it! Question

JUDDERY WING MIRRORS:- Again, a quirk of the vehicle. The dealer loaned me a FL2 SE (207mile on clock) while mine was in dock & the mirrors did the same thing! Whistle

DOOR PILLAR SEAT BELT WEAR;- As posted by others, the plastic cladding around the door pillar was being worn away by the front seat belts. I found the same in the FL2 loan car and pointed it out to the service manager. Dealer has raised this with LR Tech Dept. They replaced the 2 door pillar claddings on my car, but it doesn’t solve the long-term issue - the wear on the seat belt itself Embarassed

Now for the good news!

RADIO FREEZE/TRIP RESET/DIC TRACTION CONTOL ERROR etc;- All of the issues relating to;- errors in the Driver Information Centre following a too quick start up (HDC Inoperative / reduced traction control etc. etc.), un-commanded trip resets etc.etc.

The dealer has down loaded the latest version for my FL2 which appears, so far, to have cured all of these glitches. No more stereo freeze, no more warnings, etc. Thumbs Up

I’m very happy! Further, I am lead to believe that the revised software has also tweaked the off-road performance as well!? I’ll be off to test this weekend!

Unfortunately, no news on increasing the reverse parking beeper, although the courtesy FL2 SE was much louder than my GS!!?

Hope this helps
Thumbs Up

Post #3709 9th Jun 2007 12:39 am
m1964

United States 
one more thing...

today noted that AC compresor clutch makes noise when turning AC 'OFF' --like it does not disengage completely for 2-3 seconds...

Post #3710 9th Jun 2007 12:55 am
TASH

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Narvik Black

Mines going in tomorrow for non start, stereo freeze and quiet parking sensors (3rd time lucky).

If it comes back and wont start once more then the wife will spring into action as she is starting to get totally p?*!ed Censored off with the freelander. Good help them! Evil or Very Mad

Had less trouble with the 06 reg Freelander 1 that only need a software update, clutch, flywheel, drive shaft and draft shaft bearing after 3K miles. Rolling Eyes

Post #3757 11th Jun 2007 8:41 pm
adolfonr

Spain 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
my problems

good I am going to tell my to you you complete the news with free2 automatic, I have had a pair of failures, that now estan pending to fix, (does not have pieces) a xenon light, the right does not go me well in high beam, we go the failure is that enviende the auxiliary center that helps the long ones and gives the bursts, it does not see that this official notice and it ignites the intermittent one. solution change of the complete light, since it does not have quen goal hand in trasto, is it since a light bulb without disassembling the light set completely cannot nor be changed. They have already requested it but in Spain it does not have set of complete light. Other failure is that soon after buying it I gave whatever of which drips oil, very little, like sweat, takes it once and tightened all Carter and cork of oil, even so follows perdiento although less, so they estan also waiting for a new game of meetings, to cambier them, since it seems to come from is, which when warming up itself they sweat oil, that is ue have a pore. Somebody but to noticed some lost of oil in his free2? The truth is that he is cońazo and that that I cannot be complained the treatment, is the problem that it has we are the laboratory mouse of a new model.

pardon by the language, use a translator so that I know little. freelander 2 HSE auto.

Post #3763 12th Jun 2007 12:30 pm
TASH

All done, instrument pack and ecu patches installed, so hopefully starting and radio freeze are sorted, parking sensor volume definately is Razz

Post #3783 12th Jun 2007 7:51 pm
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Are you being contacted by your dealers to get this software upgrade (or am I just being silly now Confused ), or are you booking your cars in yourself for it ?

Post #3791 13th Jun 2007 7:52 am
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

boiledgnat wrote:
Are you being contacted by your dealers to get this software upgrade (or am I just being silly now Confused ), or are you booking your cars in yourself for it ?

I think you will find you have to book in or otherwise the downloads will be done at service time
David David

Post #3793 13th Jun 2007 11:20 am
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Correct, but 12 months (or 15,000 miles) seemed too long to wait, so I booked it in. No charge for the upgrades. They collected and delivered back to me. Well worth doing IMO Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #3797 13th Jun 2007 3:02 pm
TASH

Booked the car in, starting was becoming a real issue.

Post #3808 13th Jun 2007 7:34 pm
Jumplead

Sorry, but despite the "new" software download, I've again suffered from “stereo freeze” and DIC error messages once again! Car going in again next week……

Post #3812 13th Jun 2007 10:17 pm
Jumplead

Problems Sorted – at Last!

Problems Sorted – at Last!

The car went in, again, to try and to sort out the radio/cd freeze/DIC error message etc. problems.

Very good news!

Instead of the “software” download to correct the problems, my car got a “module” replacement!

I will have to run the car to see if the stereo freeze & DIC problems are cured, but look up……..

The stereo now shows the clock when it is on or off! Further, the rear parking sensor volume problem has been sorted. When reversing out of the dealers parking bay, I as taken aback at the sound of the beep that would easily over come the sound of the kids/wife/windscreen wipers/fan/ladies rugby team etc. who happened to be in the car

So, if you continue to have similar problems, ask for the “module upgrade” not the latest “software download”!

Time will tell and I hope this helps…..

Post #3942 20th Jun 2007 9:43 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1