Home > General > negotiating a deal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
marktdevon

United Kingdom 
negotiating a deal

Hi folks,

We've been looking into the FR2 (GS) for a while now and have found out that we are entitled to a family discount on a new one via a relative. This is a good deal of course but we've been offered a disappointing price for our trade-in (£1800 less than we were offered by a different LR dealer 3 weeks ago, also against a GS). I wondered whether anyone knows if dealers have room for further negotiation? Is family discount a big loss leader for the dealers and could this explain the low trade-in price?

Thanks for your help.

Post #64151 20th Mar 2010 9:52 am
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

things are getting tighter on deals all the time Crying or Very sad i only got £1700 off my gs in nov on rrp.i think landrover sales are healthy,and discount are hard to come buy now,unlike 18 months ago.A guy i talk to in my local makes parts for the my11 lrx ,and claim tata are pushing good numbers abroad,mid east,china ect.something that the old owners never seemed to do. Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #64153 20th Mar 2010 10:17 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
vespa

If you need a quick sale of your car why don't you try webuyanycar.com I found them good and offered me almost £2000 more than LR (I had negotiated a good discount on a FL2 based on a cash deal no p/x).

Post #64154 20th Mar 2010 10:48 am
Lookers Park Royal

Mark,

The employee scheme washes all of the dealer margin away, so sadly there won't be any more that the dealer can knock off the car. Each dealer will have their own opinion as to the value of the PX, therefore it will vary from one dealer to another. Also, some dealers will offer less discount on the new car but then use some of the margin to artifgicially inflate the PX price, which in the case of the Employee scheme it is not possible.

I would suggest going back to the dealer who offered you more for your PX, tell them you'd like to go ahead, ask them if they still have the vehicle available and then give them the news that you have an employee number. If the PX value was not boulstered using margin then they should be absoloutely fine with this.

Hope this helps?

James Thumbs Up

Post #64161 20th Mar 2010 1:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
marktdevon

United Kingdom 

Thanks all - looks like I might go for a private sale on my old car then!

Post #64247 21st Mar 2010 2:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1