Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Aluminium pedal covers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Rudyardgoing

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Izmir Blue

Can't help thinking that if you've got wet brougues your feet might slip off metal pedals? Three pedals? what's that all about - have I been sold short? only got the two. Smile

Post #60637 20th Feb 2010 8:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LCnine

United States 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Regarding the SRP pedals, the ones I have (pictured in the link) is very slip-resistant, wet shoes or not. I'm not sure if you can see from the website pictures, but the punched holes are surrounded by raised edges that act like cleats.

The nicest thing about the set is the "dead" pedal which is the footrest on an automatic (in lieu of a clutch pedal). The only other dead pedals I've seen are flat applications on the carpet. The one from SRP is a folded flange that wraps the carpeted bulkhead, looks more integral/OEM. I figure it's nicer-looking than worn carpet. It's actually the reason I got a pedal set; I was originally looking for a pad or something that I could put there. I've always driven a manual before the LR2, and I wondered why LR didn't at least rubberize that area or make it out some kind of durable material besides carpet.

They're not too flashy IMO, look good, and function. That's the why.

Post #60909 22nd Feb 2010 11:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12