you told me to give in, as he is correct Confused eat your words van boy

hows that grey car with average wheels doing? still Censored ed? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #58270 6th Feb 2010 2:16 am
ad210358

England 

Everybody wins CG, EV thinks he has won from what I said, I give you the link to prove you are correct, see helping to keep the forum happy.

As for the Beautiful Stornoway with very nice wheels LR are now running out of parts.
Software Update, New Turbo, Software Update, Crankshaft Sensor, Software Update, Engine Harness and we are now onto Engine ECU (Back Order) Evil or Very Mad p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #58288 6th Feb 2010 11:02 am
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

ad's car will eventually be fixed Thumbs Up ....your car will always be black Rolling with laughter

Post #58351 6th Feb 2010 9:16 pm
ad210358

England 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
You have a lot of confidence in my dealer then but we are hopeful Thumbs Up p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #58352 6th Feb 2010 9:24 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I guess your getting to the stage where it's not winding you up anymore and I'm sure you've had lots of advice on what you should and shouldn't do - only you can be a judge of the situation and what you can do.
What a b8mm8r it is Big Cry

Post #58354 6th Feb 2010 9:39 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I think the Xenons & the headlamp wash will simply be one of those grey areas. I have bought an HiD kit for the MG Express Van (ZR) & will get them fitted shortly & have no wash on that but then they arn't true Xenons so I don't know if the ruling covers them or not & if it does then there will be thousands of cars out there technically illegal I guess. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #58364 6th Feb 2010 10:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Doc

United Kingdom 

I so get OEM xenons on cars thats 100% fine as the headlamp is specifically designed for that use, but aftermarket kits that use the OEM non-xenon reflector headlamps are just plain wrong and dazzle other road users - we've all seen Mr Chav coming the other way burning the old retinas out of the on-coming traffic, so please have a little respect for other road users and buy decent quality PIAA blubs or something for your MG Express Van (ZR) and GENUINE LR XENON headlamps for your FL2.

Post #58389 6th Feb 2010 11:28 pm
The Valeter

The Doc wrote:
I so get OEM xenons on cars thats 100% fine as the headlamp is specifically designed for that use, but aftermarket kits that use the OEM non-xenon reflector headlamps are just plain wrong and dazzle other road users - we've all seen Mr Chav coming the other way burning the old retinas out of the on-coming traffic, so please have a little respect for other road users and buy decent quality PIAA blubs or something for your MG Express Van (ZR) and GENUINE LR XENON headlamps for your FL2.

I'm pretty sure the kit I got for the van is a good one. It comes with the balast etc too. As for the FL2 I won't do it till I know exactly what I need & will only use the factory units anyway but I suspect it will be too fidly & expensive to mess about with & likely as much will cost as much as ordering from the factory in the first place. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #58419 7th Feb 2010 12:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Doc

United Kingdom 

I don't doubt that you bought a "good kit" but unfortunatly there is no such thing as a "good" aftermarket xenon bulb to fit non-xenon reflectors that I've seen to date, there just trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

The PIAA bulbs are very good and give the correct beam alignment.

The FL2 xenons take about 10 mins to fit as they simply plug in and you can still adjust the height manually by the dash control. They come up on ebay once in a while for around £300 for a pair brand new from a CLEARANCE GUY lol, you then add a small box to stop the lights flickering for around £8 and hey presto full functional BI-xenons that have factory beam paterns and look great.

Just my 2p's worth Rolling Eyes

Post #58424 7th Feb 2010 12:44 am
The Valeter

The Doc wrote:
I don't doubt that you bought a "good kit" but unfortunatly there is no such thing as a "good" aftermarket xenon bulb to fit non-xenon reflectors that I've seen to date, there just trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

The PIAA bulbs are very good and give the correct beam alignment.

The FL2 xenons take about 10 mins to fit as they simply plug in and you can still adjust the height manually by the dash control. They come up on ebay once in a while for around £300 for a pair brand new from a CLEARANCE GUY lol, you then add a small box to stop the lights flickering for around £8 and hey presto full functional BI-xenons that have factory beam paterns and look great.

Just my 2p's worth Rolling Eyes

If you see those LR xenons new can you send me a link please.

Probably sell the ZR ones then as knowing my luck it will be me that gets pulled as I did when I had tints on the front but not that dark but still got a 10 day prohibition - the daft bit is that I removed them but it was never followed up by VOSA lol. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #58512 7th Feb 2010 6:11 pm
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

The Doc wrote:

Agreed....
Don't buy cheap, buy safe.
I am looking for genuine fl2 xenon lamps.
Have seen some on fleabay. Just not sure bout
the self leveling thing...... 

Post #58534 7th Feb 2010 11:13 pm
The Doc

United Kingdom 

You can self level them with your finger lol, but more seriously I've had no problems with blinding people etc Wink

Post #58563 8th Feb 2010 9:59 am
Udash

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

I also have got the OEM xenons retro-fitted now for over 6 months and did not had any problem. Have used in France also with the tourist lever and didn’t had anyone flashing at me. If you want xenons go for this approach and they also look lot better then non standard converted zenons. Thumbs Up Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto
Zermatt Silver
Side Steps & Mud flaps

Post #58588 8th Feb 2010 1:35 pm
Rob

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

The March Which magazine has a review of headlight bulbs. They have looked at a range of different dipped beam and main beam bulbs on a Vauxhall Astra, including the standard H7 bulbs, factory fitted Xenon bulbs and various upgraded Halogen bulbs from various manufacturers.
Yes the Xenons were the best (164 lux dipped & 131 lux main) but cost £766 as a factory option. This compares with the standard fit bulbs giving 91 lux dipped & 48 lux main. The best of the best buys looks to be the Bosch Pure Light (141 lux dipped, 55 lux main) at £21.97 per pair. Also as these are a standard halogen bulb, they do not require any special vehicle modifications.
I would be very interested to here anyones experiences of these aftermarket bulbs when fitted to Freelanders.

Post #60784 21st Feb 2010 11:01 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Rob I've had philips 90%'s for a year or so great bulbs really light up the road, Others with upgrade bulbs have had problems with frequent bulb blowing. My last car an Audi A3 had xenons and the cheapo bulbs in my fl2 are nearly as bright At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #60791 21st Feb 2010 11:49 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>