Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Williams Manchester - BEWARE!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rallykeith

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Williams Manchester - BEWARE!

Bought a F/L 1 in Nov 09. 2 days later started to misfire. Took it back. They had it a week and said it was fixed. It wasn't. Rejected the car. Used my 30 days exchange policy. Sales Manager said he would source me another but give him until 2 weeks in to New Year. Did my own research. Loads of F/L 1's around. Thought they would even do me a F/L 2 deal. Not so. Think Sales Mgr forgot about me. Would not answer my E-mail. Could not source me another. Didn't even discuss other specs/colours etc. Stressful Xmas. Gave me my money back but they changed the figures on the reciept from my original part-ex deal etc. Ended up 500 English pounds down on the deal. Expect this from "Dodgy Dave's Back-Street Car Chop-Shop" but not a dealership of Williams standing. The words "berth" and "wide" come to mind. Think VERY seriously about buying even a L/R fleece from them.
Last word -- I've worked in sales.......NEVER forget your customers.

Post #57865 2nd Feb 2010 6:51 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

You did well just to be £500, you have to take into account the extra mileage etc even with a 30 day exchange ied presume Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #57869 2nd Feb 2010 7:03 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

rk, seek further guidence starting with citizens advice - how it's written you had it two days and lost £500, that's not on.
Won't cost you anything to drop 'What car' lawyers a line or Honest John from the Telegraph (Sound dodgy I know but it's a bunch of people including lawyer access).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/
http://www.whatcar.com/car-advice/buying/h...in/3141780

Post #57880 2nd Feb 2010 7:39 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Threaten them with Trading Standards or BBC Watchdog, that generally gets people thinking!! Could be even worth contacting Landrover themselves as I am sure they won't be too impressed. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #57890 2nd Feb 2010 8:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
FR2471

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

I was unhappy with a Freelander 1 many years ago and Webbers Landrover as it was then gave me a full refund back against another car no questions asked and also sorted me Landrover driving day as I was unhappy.

This is now Harwoods and they are still without doubt the best Dealer in the country by far in my opinion.

I have had three Landrovers and one Jag and would go nowhere else for my servicing etc.

Post #57921 2nd Feb 2010 11:27 pm
Rowy

Trading standards is generally for Business to Business issues-Consumer Direct is the name for such Issues, However all they ever do is Tell you to send a Reg'd post letter quoting The sales of goods & services act & giving them 14 days to reply-Toothless tigers!

Don't Email-Ring them and make a nuisance of ya self-Get down there-go straight to his office, don't let the receptionist fend ya off.
Don't ring Watchdog they'll only send two homo's in leather pants round on a motorbike Laughing

(MAYBE-the legal cover on your car insurance could help?)

Post #57926 2nd Feb 2010 11:43 pm
FR2471

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

I would still ring Land Rover Customer assistance as it is a Land Rover offer to return the car if unhappy and the Dealer has not honoured this Crying or Very sad

Post #57929 2nd Feb 2010 11:56 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Years ago i had a garage give me the run arround with a motor,after many trips back and being mr nice guy to try and get it sorted,finaly the red mist decended and i told them exactly where i was gonna stick it if it was not sorted this time.funny after that it was sorted and never had any more problems.Its a real shame that you have to loose your rag and frighten them before you get things sorted out but thats life i suppose. Twisted Evil

Post #58003 3rd Feb 2010 5:05 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1