Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Matford Exeter
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
smo

England 
Matford Exeter

Rude, uninterested, arrogant moorons.

I'm trying to buy myself a FL2, ive had LR's before, im willing to spank the cash on either the right used, or a new one but can i get them interested - can i Censored

Went in today, giving them a second chance and got a differend sales idiot to before, wouldnt tell me anything about the used stock, just handed me a list....not helpful seeing as its new numberplate time and lots of trade-ins are on the books.

Asked about new, he wouldnt discuss prices other than retail so i tried to lead him by saying it was the XS i want and i can get one from another dealer for £x....(it was a real price i got 2 days ago) and he simply said "we wouldnt want to do that, thanks for coming in though" and that was it - ushered me out, no attempts to negotiate or tell me what they can do or could do, just a simple not interested and end of.

Cheeky Censored Censored I've never known salesmen to be so un-interested, surely they want to make money, the more they sell the more they make??

Matford Exeter consider yourselves named and shamed, and ashmaed you should be as your service stinks. I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

TD5 D-Lander hopefully finished soon!
FL2....this year with any luck!

Post #57723 1st Feb 2010 7:37 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Total waste of space by the sounds of it Rolling Eyes

Get to our sponsors and see the complete opposite to bad service Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #57727 1st Feb 2010 8:09 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Hi SMO,sounds like one to be avoided at all costs. I dont know How far you would have to go to get to barnstaple landrover but i have had several landrovers from them and they realy did do all they could to help me to purchase from them.
with being nice but firm managed to get a great deal with lots of money off.May be worth looking on their website and going from there,good luck Thumbs Up

Post #57821 2nd Feb 2010 3:38 pm
smo

England 

Thanks for the info superspark. I'm in the newton abbot area so its not on the doorstep but certainly not too far to travel for the right deal. I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

TD5 D-Lander hopefully finished soon!
FL2....this year with any luck!

Post #57866 2nd Feb 2010 7:53 pm
christo the lord

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Auto Santorini Black

Very Happy i speak as i find after going around a lot of dealerships in marsh barton i popped into matford landrover, and found them most helpful not pushy at all,
they were friendly from the start with a warm welcome from reception who called for a salesmen who could not be more helpful, i asked a lot of questions as i never had a land rover before, been a ford man and needing a bigger tug for my new caravan i was looking for a new 4x4,
i felt i was in safe hand, he gave me the options deals that he could do, and a host of other info, he also offered me a test drive which i took up then offered me a cup of tea introduced to the team, i then left to ponder on what info i had .
i then went back to ask more questions which was answered , in the 4 visits i made to matford i never felt pressured and not important as a customer in fact the opposite,
i was so impressed with the dealership and all the staff i spoke to, i came out of the dealership as a new owner of the freelander2 sport. wow what a car, i cant thank the staff enough from start to finnish the service was first class and a credit to land rover Thumbs Up Chris Binns

Post #71473 2nd Jul 2010 11:20 pm
wingit

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

smo
Same happened to me, I'm new to LR's.
1st dealership was similar to your experience.
However, I'd already found this forum and had looked at Dealership Feedback.
So, I simply went elsewhere, where the difference was incredible. Needless to say, I'm the very happy owner of a Freely 2. (2010)
Very Happy

Post #71484 3rd Jul 2010 10:06 am
Nazca Sand Eddie

United Kingdom 

I simply have to reply to the original comment - I could not believe what I was reading.

I have dealt with Matford in Exeter for 6 years now, and purchased 2 Freelanders from them, FL1 & FL2.

From my experience with them I would recommend them without hesitation.

They have always been helpful, polite, and dealt with any query/problem promptly; and made me feel as though I was a very valued customer.

I shall be purchasing my third Freelander from them later.

The best garage I have dealt with during the past 40+ years.

Post #71492 3rd Jul 2010 8:55 pm
yaugher

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

In your area I would give Yeovil a look in....I have used them many times and they are great..... Very Happy

I have just bought new from Beadles Sidcup and I can recomend them Sept 1 2010 Now the PROUD owner of Galway Green Auto Diesel HSE

Post #75127 2nd Sep 2010 8:08 pm
Lookers Park Royal

It is a real shame as one poor Sales Executive can ruin a dealerships reputation.

We have a late used manual XS in Stornoway Grey, but are just about to change one of our demo's which is a 10 plate XS Auto with a few bits in Santorini Black. Cool

If you want to PM me with your requirements and budget then I'll see if either of these will suit. Many forum members have bought from us 'over the phone' and have been happy, therefore we can overcome the distance (until you pick it up Whistle ) by using email and photo's!

James Thumbs Up

Post #75145 3rd Sep 2010 8:12 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ad15

we had the same trouble with a local fiat dealer,,, tried on 3 occasions to buy a new car from them,, rude as you like,, and it wasnt like we turned up in a fiesta either,,,

sent a letter to fiat UK informing them of the poor service.

Post #75148 3rd Sep 2010 9:58 am
christo the lord

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Auto Santorini Black

ive just had my first service there the dealership still has high standers and friendly staff i was looked after by Angela Cowlard who looked after me from start to finish and i must say could not be more helpful and welcoming, the service was done on time and free tea or coffee if needed.
the car was cleaned inside and out and looked like it was polished, wow the car looked very smart. and also a nice touch was a free ltr of oil in a nice little leather look bag to use as top up before my next service. the first service was £339.00 inc vat still a little high in my view against other manufactures but looks like the norm for landrover.
a 3 year service deal for £250 would be nice like others do but thats in the hands of landrover.
so again top marks to matford for service and attention, first class as always

chris Chris Binns

Post #107099 6th Jul 2011 11:38 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1