« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Finance & Insurance > Insurance Renewal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
landieguy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey
Insurance Renewal

I recently received my insurance renewal (paper version) from RIAS ( yes sadly one of the over 50 FL2 owners) and whilst I have been more than pleased with the cover offered on the policy (Fortis Insurance), the excesses etc etc and the fact that RIAS came second in the JD Power survey, I thought I would have a quick trawl to see what the others could offer.
I received several online quotes also getting one from RIAS (Fortis Insurance) and very surprisingly the price was some £74 cheaper for exactly the same cover. I subsequently received a phone call from RIAS (New Business dept) to checxk if was happy with the online quote and to see if I could attract any further discounts. Having explained I was already insured with them but somewhat surprised by the vast difference in the quotes for what was the same cover, I was transferred to the renewals dept. They checked and came up with a £50 discount of the original renewal cost which was still £20 more than the online quote.
Received another call today from the RIAS new business dept who reduced the cost still further- so I have now saved some £82 - total insurance cost £243 - fully protected, business use, legal cover etc etc. When I enquired re existing insurance with same company they said it would just lapse on renewal date and new policy would then be in force.
Key message from this - if you are happy with your existing insurers then get an online quote at renewal time and compare costs - it could save you a packet.

Post #57720 1st Feb 2010 6:14 pm
Rowy

When I get a renewal quote (not just motor Insuarance) I always ring them and ask them to check the quote and Give me their BEST price.

Admiral had gone up by 50 odd quid this year I got them to renew at last years price.
Did ths with AIG for my business insurance went up from £2100 to £2290 this year I renewed an £2090.

Post #57748 1st Feb 2010 10:01 pm
The Doc

United Kingdom 

I'm with AIG £5900 for road risks & liability Rolling Eyes

Post #57754 1st Feb 2010 10:25 pm
Rowy

£5900, Hope they take ya to the Platinum suite at OT for that , I've been twice Cool

Post #57761 1st Feb 2010 11:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1