Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Roof Rails, name that tune in one!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
geordiedancer71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

filler!!!! no thanks,

Yes agree, should fit flush which is what i want, will not be happy with any filler in the gaps!

I agree if not fitted flush, then maybe a safety hazzard.

I wont be putting anything on them until resolved.

Well lets see what they do the moro............update on its way Exclamation Anyhoo off oot on me mobike.....

Post #57047 27th Jan 2010 5:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Really hope you can get it sorted and fingers crossed you don't need any matches to start the fire Thumbs Up

Post #57054 27th Jan 2010 5:27 pm
geordiedancer71

mmmmmmm fire!!! Twisted Evil Anyhoo off oot on me mobike.....

Post #57109 27th Jan 2010 7:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geordiedancer71

The stealers looked, pushed the cover down, which once held down, fitted flush!!!!
They were not allowed to sit on my roof and hold both sides down while i drive around, something to do with health and safety!!!! Twisted Evil

So they said not much they can do, but have ordered the covers to see if another set do the same!

I did pop into stratstone in doncaster, who said it looks like they are not aligned correctly, and they would take a look if the covers do not er.....cover it!
He did say that it cant be left like that, and looks a mess.......

Onwards and hopefully upwards......... Confused Anyhoo off oot on me mobike.....

Post #57216 28th Jan 2010 3:18 pm
The Doc

United Kingdom 

Chin up mate, all should be fine sooner or later Thumbs Up

Post #57218 28th Jan 2010 3:26 pm
Marvo

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

geordiedancer71 wrote:
The stealers looked, pushed the cover down, which once held down, fitted flush!!!!
They were not allowed to sit on my roof and hold both sides down while i drive around, something to do with health and safety!!!! Twisted Evil

So they said not much they can do, but have ordered the covers to see if another set do the same!

I did pop into stratstone in doncaster, who said it looks like they are not aligned correctly, and they would take a look if the covers do not er.....cover it!
He did say that it cant be left like that, and looks a mess.......

Onwards and hopefully upwards......... Confused

How are you getting on with your rails?

Took mine back to the garage today as also whistling (700 mile round trip with the Freelie 2 orchestra playing on the roof) Evil or Very Mad and rears of rails look like yours (already had 2nd set of covers). Garage agreed that it is a problem and have ordered new roof rails rather than just more covers. Nice one Pentland (good customer service also) Thumbs Up Fingers crossed the new rails will solve the problem.

Post #57722 1st Feb 2010 7:26 pm
geordiedancer71

Hi Marvo,

Still waiting on the dealer to call with the new covers, but not holding me breath that this will cure it, its getting on me moobs!!! whistling from 30 - 40 mph!

I purchased the covers from Andrew, the site sponsor from Lookers Land rover, so i guess if they need to replace or have the option to replace, they will? wont? Question

Guess they will maybe ? Shocked as they rails are genuine and they would be covered under warranty!

anywhoo.....onwards and upwards! Anyhoo off oot on me mobike.....

Post #57731 1st Feb 2010 9:05 pm
Marvo

They should. Your dealer may want to see the invoice for the rails though. Have you tried taking the covers off in the meantime? I know they will look naff, but better that than the whistling (if it works. Should also tell you if that is the problem). Neutral

I find it amazing (dissapointing) that there are these problems with roof rails, especially from a brand that is supposed to be all about off roading/outdoors/lifestyle and carrying stuff. Evil or Very Mad

Mind you the cross bars are quite a nice design Rolling Eyes

Post #57750 1st Feb 2010 11:07 pm
Marvo

Quote:
Guess they will maybe ? Shocked as they rails are genuine and they would be covered under warranty!

anywhoo.....onwards and upwards!

Don't know how you are getting on, but it might help you to know that Pentland now have my new roof rails in (warranty) and they will be fitted on 22 Feb Very Happy

Last edited by Marvo on 11th Feb 2010 7:11 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #59183 11th Feb 2010 5:59 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Why so long before thay can fit them......are they making sure the're 'in tune' this time Laughing Thumbs Up

Post #59190 11th Feb 2010 6:35 pm
Marvo

mcphersonstrut wrote:
Why so long before thay can fit them......are they making sure the're 'in tune' this time Laughing Thumbs Up

Rolling with laughter Wouldn't be so bad if they were. Do LR do tuning forks? I could drive in convoy with geordiedancer71 and we really could play 'name that tune' Whistle

I am getting a courtesy car (they must be keeping mine all day) and there tends to be a bit of a waiting list for them. If they only need it for half a day I can drop it off and walk to work from the dealer (10 mins). If longer I need a car as I go home to take my doggie out

Post #59192 11th Feb 2010 6:59 pm
geordiedancer71

no call as yet from the stealer regarding the replacement covers......will call on monday see if they have them in.

I veruch doubt they will resolve it, as had a thought yesterday and removed the covers completely and guess what....

still the whistling noise inbetwen 30 - 40 mph Big Cry

I did speak with one of the guys in stratstone land rover in doncaster a few weeks back, and he told me, if no joy then book in over there, they would remove the rails and realign then!

I have the receipt from lookers land rover from whom i purchased the rails from, so they will be covered by warranty methinks? Shocked Anyhoo off oot on me mobike.....

Post #59231 11th Feb 2010 9:13 pm
MarkD

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I too have roof rail whistles! I have a 4 week old FL2 HSE from Lookers Park Royal, with the roof rails fitted by them.

I beleive they were not fitted properly by the dealer as the bottom covers under the crossbar stick out (ie dont seat well in their holes) and I've had to put tape over these covers to hold them on.

FYI The installation manual specifically states in one of the diagrams that there should be no gap under the rear cover. I think its picture 41 in the manual.

However, this is only a secondary issue after having to call out LRA to get the car started with a flat battery with only 320 miles on the clock after I left the drivers door open for 30 minutes when cleaning the interior. NOT impressed so far....

[/img]

Post #59360 12th Feb 2010 8:09 pm
geordiedancer71

good info for the stealers about no gap under the back part of the rails, which is what i have.......but

Up to now, i have noticed 4 FL2's in car parks with roof rails, all with the gap at the rear of the rails!!! Shocked Anyhoo off oot on me mobike.....

Post #59361 12th Feb 2010 8:27 pm
MarkD

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

My mistake above it's picture 46 of the fitting instructions.

Post #59370 12th Feb 2010 9:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>