« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Good Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gunfa

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver
Good Service

I have run through the recent bad weather on 19" Shadow Chromes with Contis fitted, I am not impressed with the Contis so I decided another set of wheels with different boots would be a good idea for the winter. I found 4 new 17" wheels with new Goodyear M & S tyres on Ebay for £595 with free delivery, I bought them Late Wednesday night they were delivered Friday, good service I think from http://www.glpautomotive.co.uk/.

I curbed one of Shadow Chromes Big Cry when the back end slid in the snow, on my last car the wife made a mess of 1 of the front alloys, she bought some wheel paint & touched it up. Exclamation I didn't notice for 3 months perhaps I should let her loose on the Shadow Chrome. The Contis should see me through the summer but will then need replacing has anybody fitted an alternative tyre Question What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Post #55488 16th Jan 2010 9:45 pm
Podcast

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

I thought the Conti's were supposed to be the best tyre for mainly on road. My 17" (with only about 3mm of tread) were fine in the snow. Not a bad deal on the 17" with tyres, I was quoted £670 for 4 x 17" Conti tyres only, so decided to buy some brand new Triple Sport 19" with new Conti's for £599 from a main dealer! Thumbs Up

Post #55551 17th Jan 2010 11:55 am
AndyT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Yes, I found the opposite too.
I had stock 235/17 Wranglers with 5mm tread and they were 'ok' in the snow, so I swapped wheels to 215/16 Conti Contacts and noticed an immediate improvement in grip. They'll be staying on until April.

Post #55553 17th Jan 2010 12:21 pm
Gunfa

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Podcast I have no problem with the Contis in general road use, I was just dissapointed with the snow perfomance, reading Andy T's post I hope I have made the right decision, I may just be expecting too much in the bad conditions.

Nice deal on the 19" by the way Thumbs Up when buying new tyres it seems you can get a better deal with them fitted to wheels if you shop around Shocked What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Post #55597 17th Jan 2010 7:26 pm
Podcast

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

I spoke to the LR dealer & basically LR were offloading massive amounts of alloys/tyre sets to improve cash flow during last year, so dealers were able to buy them at a massive discount (if they bought a fair number) & hence able to sell them on at reasonable prices & still make a profit! Rolling with laughter LR improved their cash flow thanks to Dealers stumping up to buy stock and now we see the benefit! The tyres alone would have cost close to £800 fitted if I had 19" wheels to start with, as I don't it's £599 all in for a brand new set! Thumbs Up

Post #55600 17th Jan 2010 7:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1