« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Do you feel guilty?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Lr2maker

United Kingdom 
Do you feel guilty?

Having spent time in the snow, icy uk roads. Are you guilty driving a planet killing 4x4. The same people wanting a ban of 4x4's got rescued by them. Can't make enuf fl2's at the mo. Do you feel smug in your fl2 passing the bmw merc audi sheep? Live your life be free-lander

Post #55296 14th Jan 2010 10:19 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

The Government are making far too much of this enviromental stuff regarding some cars especially as the FL2 is sopposed to be as ecconomical as a lot of cars!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #55298 14th Jan 2010 10:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

LR2 Maker I have already commented on another thread about he superiority I feel compared to other so called 4 wheel drive users. These last couple of weeks has convinced me that my choice of the XS auto freely was the best decision I have made for many a long while.
No mater how bad the conditions and provided that one abserves the basic rules of physics there is no reason that the vehicle would not get my wife and I wherever we needed to go. It has now reached the point where we do not even consider the conditions outside if we wish to go somewhere, we just go. Imust add however that I drive as taught by the LRE instructor with respect for the vehicle, respect for the conditions and respect for other people. I appreciate that Discos and Landys etc may have a better ultimate performance in adverse conditions but the Freely1 has to be the most acce[table comptomise between size, power and capability and it is streets ahead of owt else Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #55299 14th Jan 2010 10:36 pm
ad210358

England 

No Way F Censored um.
Built in Britain not shipped half way round the world. My wife works in the care at home service but in the recent weather never failed to arrive at the patients homes. I have lost count of the amount of Bmw's, Audis and Mercs who cannot move.
So we let the British Motor industry go further in decline to help the planet by getting vehicles from the otherside of the world to save the enviroment? p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #55300 14th Jan 2010 10:53 pm
Udash

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Not at all, specially when you compare that we FL2 emit is similar to a large car or an ugly people career...rather I feel proud that I bought a car made in the UK and that I helped little bit in LR recovery during difficult time.

LR2maker - Glad to hear that you guys are very busy. I think the radio campaign about FL2 is very good and must be helping to increase the sales.
Thumbs Up Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto
Zermatt Silver
Side Steps & Mud flaps

Post #55316 15th Jan 2010 9:42 am
athelstan

ad210358 wrote:
No Way F Censored um.
Built in Britain not shipped half way round the world. My wife works in the care at home service but in the recent weather never failed to arrive at the patients homes. I have lost count of the amount of Bmw's, Audis and Mercs who cannot move.
So we let the British Motor industry go further in decline to help the planet by getting vehicles from the otherside of the world to save the enviroment?

Valid Observation ad210358.

However, when the snow's gone in the UK all those barking mad fools who believe in the simplicity of their argument: Foreign Made=Quality - UK Made=Rubbish, will still flock like lemmings to the showrooms of the "Bavarian Banner", "Olympic Ovals" or the "Stuttgart Star". Folks have short term memories Exclamation

It is up to the team at LR to optimise the current situation by not only designing technically superior vehicles, but also by significantly improving their build quality, solidly backing their products by comprehensively strengthening their warranty programme, and enhancing the human resource skills (technical, sales and communications - in particular the latter where they currently benchmark as "miserable") of both their dealer networks and themselves - you lead by example and from the core. Then more of the world's consumers will have the confidence to select LR with their head and not with pray Bow down

Post #55317 15th Jan 2010 9:45 am
Chris H

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I don't feel at all guilty anyway. I bought my car as it suits my everyday needs and being able to get about in the snow is just an additional advantage. It is my first Land Rover and I have been pleasently surprised with the reliability/build quality, and have found a dealer who I am happy with the service I have so far recieved. I certainly would have another one without any feeling of guilt

As for the german cars getting stuck my wife drives an Audi A3, which we have not got stuck or had any problems with in the snow, although it is a quattro Very Happy .

Post #55323 15th Jan 2010 10:27 am
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

When I purchased my car new last June it came with 40,000 miles of carbon offsets. I didn't ask for this but thats what it came with.

There seems to be a huge business in carbon trading worth £billions - In Glos we have a company turning over about £50million and all it has is a few windmills. It sells, I believe, green electricity which it presumably buys from the grid, but then purchases carbon credits to give it its green tag.

Nothing wrong with a good bit of middleman trading but do they have to be so pious.

Tenet MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #55328 15th Jan 2010 11:58 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

athelstan wrote:
Valid Observation ad210358.

However, when the snow's gone in the UK all those barking mad fools who believe in the simplicity of their argument: Foreign Made=Quality - UK Made=Rubbish, will still flock like lemmings to the showrooms of the "Bavarian Banner", "Olympic Ovals" or the "Stuttgart Star". Folks have short term memories Exclamation

It is up to the team at LR to optimise the current situation by not only designing technically superior vehicles, but also by significantly improving their build quality, solidly backing their products by comprehensively strengthening their warranty programme, and enhancing the human resource skills (technical, sales and communications - in particular the latter where they currently benchmark as "miserable") of both their dealer networks and themselves - you lead by example and from the core. Then more of the world's consumers will have the confidence to select LR with their head and not with pray Bow down

I second that twice over Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #55329 15th Jan 2010 12:05 pm
surfingmonkey

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I do sometimes feel a little guilt as my Flandy over ever really has me in it. However on the occasions where I do need to load people/luggage/drive off-road it is invaluable. I return similar MPG in my diesel Land Rover as I did in my previous petrol car. I do however feel we should all be doing our bit for the planet especially with recycling/energy saving in the home etc. Having studied Geography at Uni I have a good understanding of climate chanage and the fact that we need to change our habits. Just because I drive a Land Rover doesn't mean I don't care.

Post #55331 15th Jan 2010 12:48 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

The thing is everyone blames 4x4's but the truth of the matter is a hell of a lot of cars on the road with big engines have a big carbon footprint.
Just the 4x4's get the blame. Confused

Post #55332 15th Jan 2010 1:13 pm
The Doc

United Kingdom 

"Do you feel guilty?"

In a word NO never have, never will Thumbs Up

Post #55334 15th Jan 2010 1:24 pm
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Come on guys.
It's got nothing to do with carbon footprints etc. by the internal combustion engine, it's about tax! By subscribing to this politically inspired rubbish we just play along with a whole new avanue for obtaining more money from the poor taxpayers to waste on other hairbrained schemes, wars and of course expenses.If the whole world reduced the carbon output of the internal combustion engine by 50% it would reduce carbon in the atmosphere by 50% of Censored all. The issues lie with the creation of energy not the expenditure of it. If we, the to human race, stopped producing all our energy by burning fossil fuels and then didn't use more fossil fuels to produce the metals and plastics for our consumer goods and additionally stopped cutting down all the CO2 converters along the equatorial forests,that would make a difference. Nuclear Energy to produce the energy is the only sustainable clean energy so lets cut the crap! Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #55335 15th Jan 2010 1:27 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

YEPP I am Guilty as we are ALL GUILTY - f Censored g 4x4 owners, killing the enviorment Mr. Green 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #55338 15th Jan 2010 2:00 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Whats guilt ? I do not have that emotion. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #55339 15th Jan 2010 2:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>