Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Finance & Insurance > WISH YOU HAD BOUGHT GAP INSURANCE????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
kam100

WISH YOU HAD BOUGHT GAP INSURANCE????

GAP Return to invoice/value insurance:

Private buyers GAP INSURANCE or after sale purchase
Cover your car's depreciation up to today's parkers guide price for your future ownership duration!

If your vehicle is stolen or involved in a total loss accident, fire or water damaged and declared a total loss. If your insurance company pays out after validating your claim, they will only pay the retail price of the car at that point in time, this GAP Insurance product will pay the difference between your insured pay out value and the parkers valuation (private – good) on day of the take-up of the insurance policy or if you are about to buy or have bought a car in the last 180 days New/used, then the invoice purchase price will be covered in full!

- Any vehicle purchased now or in the past, private/trade/dealership purchase.
- Maximum invoiced purchase price: £240k.
-Max age of vehicle: 10 years old for claim to be valid.
-Need to have fully comp insurance and used in the UK.
-Variable claim limits for differing purchase prices/values of cars.
(Price on bundle pack is for car priced up to £20k and provides a claim limit of £15k over the two years).

Please see terms and conditions in full: http://www.jdconcepts.co.uk/Resources/Private%20Buyers%20GAP.pdf

Available for 2-4 years.
Please email/call for prices as stand alone product, also available as a bundle
12 months interest free available!!

Last edited by kam100 on 14th Jan 2010 1:42 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #54989 12th Jan 2010 7:56 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I wanted to buy the gap just after I bought the car but simply didn't have enough money to do it! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #54999 12th Jan 2010 8:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Negotiated my GAP insurance into the deal - might be paying for it in the long term but it cost me nothing on the deal.

Last car FL1 was flooded whilst parked at 15 month old - not a sticky end I wish to repeat - but it also left me short of cash for the next one - didn't expect to have to change so soon.

It can't cost the dealers that much as they will buy in bulk - worth haggling for in my mind - a deal sealer rather than mats and flaps? There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #55131 13th Jan 2010 6:55 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

NFU insurance gives two year free Gap/rti when you buy a new car At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #55133 13th Jan 2010 7:12 pm
smo

England 

I fail to see the need, insurance companies pay market value, in my case when i wrote off my LR several years ago i negotiated MORE than i paid from the dealer after producing the original invoice.

Also if the vehicle is 1yr or younger they replace it new for old anyways. I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

TD5 D-Lander hopefully finished soon!
FL2....this year with any luck!

Post #55139 13th Jan 2010 7:46 pm
The Valeter

DrownedRat wrote:
Negotiated my GAP insurance into the deal - might be paying for it in the long term but it cost me nothing on the deal.

Last car FL1 was flooded whilst parked at 15 month old - not a sticky end I wish to repeat - but it also left me short of cash for the next one - didn't expect to have to change so soon.

It can't cost the dealers that much as they will buy in bulk - worth haggling for in my mind - a deal sealer rather than mats and flaps?

In 2005 I bought a brand new MG ZT-Tourer & got gap insurance. They let me have it at cost price to them which was £250 & was retailing at £500. I believe that is the general mark up. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #55142 13th Jan 2010 8:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Doc

United Kingdom 

"In 2005 I bought a brand new MG ZT-Tourer"

Stop showing off Whistle

Post #55144 13th Jan 2010 8:34 pm
The Valeter

The Doc wrote:
"In 2005 I bought a brand new MG ZT-Tourer"

Stop showing off Whistle

I got gap insurance on that car for obvious reasons as MGR had gone to the wall 6 months before I got this car & insurance companies would have a field day with a payout!!. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #55161 13th Jan 2010 9:35 pm
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

My insurance pays me the new value the first 2 years of ownership and then depreciates the value by 10% each consecutive year. So after the initial 2 years I get somewhere near 20% more then the listing price.

I also have full omnium which means when I get into an accident and I'm at fault they still pay for the repairs of my own car.

Post #55189 14th Jan 2010 8:18 am
kam100

Thanks for the replies guys.

In terms of New for old on insurance policies, if the policy covers this, then great! most do it for brand new cars for a year, so worth checking it on your policy.

For GAP RTI, we have sold a lot of these policies and had a chunk of clients who have had their cars stolen / have been involved in accidents, and to be able to secure a new car without paying anything above / beyond your insurance excess is very appealing.

Most GAP policies only allow purchase after 120 days of purchase, we have no time limits on this policy and they pay up to the Parker's guide price (private-good) on the day of inception of the policy. So should you have a total loss claim 2/3 years down the line, which can happen to anyone fault/non fault, your policy will pay over/beyond the insurance payout and will bring you back up to the purchase price if within 180 days of taking out this GAP policy or will pay up to the parkers price if you have owned the car longer then 180 days after initial purchase (new/used).

Our price on this will be as follows:

2 years GAP Private Buyers/After time limit:
Value of car on inception: £10-20k
Claime Limit: £15,000.00
Price: (Inclusive 5% IPT) = £131.25

For example..

Post #55217 14th Jan 2010 1:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1