Home > Technical > No Sound from Stereo and SatNav
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
No Sound from Stereo and SatNav

Hi everybody
I encountered a strange electronics problem once again yestarday at 5000km (the other one was at 1500km - trip reset).
I drove off from my dealer (coincidense? Twisted Evil ) and after 1km I realised that the satnav tapping was off and no sound came out of my stereo. Had to stop, stop engine and restart to fix it! Great, isn't it! It was raining, could that be relevant?

Post #3389 25th May 2007 10:24 am
andrewilk

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

I haven't got the SATNAV but I have had exactly the same experience with the sound from the radio. Engine restart fixed my problem as well. Only happened the once.

Post #3390 25th May 2007 10:39 am
2nd time arond

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

This happened when I was using a loan freelander 2 when mine was in for repair. Not only did the sat nav and radio go quiet - so did the parking sensors. On engine re-start all was well - re-booted???

Post #3438 28th May 2007 9:43 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Yep defkalion, you guessed it, this is one of my many 'electrical glitches'!!! Welcome to the club Rolling with laughter .

Maybe when my car gets replaced I will STILL suffer the same problems as you guys do, and I continue to suffer!!!......maybe I just need to put up with all the things that work intermitently, maybe I expect to much Question Exclamation Crying or Very sad , maybe when something says it will do something, instead of believing it, I should just accept it wont do what it says Sad . But guys, I have difficulty in balancing this with the HARD earned (OK earned Rolling with laughter ) cash that I paid for the car to perform every time I ask it to. Had I said to my dealer, you want thirty five plus grand for this car...tell you what, here is twenty six! cause thats all I got...do you think he would have said 'OK Carl, thats fine! we'll forget the other nine grand because the satnav works intermitently, the phone locks up, the stereo switches off as and when, your adaptive headlight warning will come on when it wants, the power fold mirrors will work when they choose, your kids will have to listen to a buzzing on the DVD screens and you will regularly not be able to start the car because the key fob plays up and you get a 'transmission fault' on the info screen......plus the idiots in service will either blame you for the defects or keep saying 'your car needs a new download'..... 'OK! thats fine, heres all my money!'..... er NO!!!.......COME ON GUYS WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!!

Trouble is, these are lovely cars compared to the competition, so maybe I should just shut up an accept the problems Question Embarassed Maybe, just maybe, the world ain't perfect....maybe I am too honest? If I say I will do something I will do it, I do not promise things I cannot acheive.......what do you think???? Shocked Confused

Post #3441 28th May 2007 10:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1