United Kingdom 
How Britain looks

How Britain looks at the moment via Nasa

Click image to enlarge
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #54247 7th Jan 2010 11:01 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

If you look carefully you can see the lump of snow that fell from pinkies wheel arch Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #54251 7th Jan 2010 11:41 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Its called global warming Thumbs Up

Still you get it for a few days - we get it for a few months Shocked 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #54256 8th Jan 2010 7:46 am
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

cool,its not often you see a picture like that,im glad now i baught a 4x4,well chuffed Mr. Green

Post #54270 8th Jan 2010 10:42 am
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

im the only vehicle on our eastate say 300 houses that that can get in and out,wensday,..all our grit bins are empty on the hills and just love to see peoples faces when i just drive on by Razz cant not fault its capabilaty right now,minus 7 last night.been ferrying my friends whom work for tesco back and forth,and driving someone to inject insilin to a daiabetic pensinor,twice a day,the sun may be bright but this snow is going nowwhere.i seem to be doing better mpg in grass/ice/snow mode Shocked Shocked

Post #54271 8th Jan 2010 11:44 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

theres a request for help from 4x4 Responces over on Disco3 by one of its members, to help delivering meals and stuff

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic44151.html

Quote:
The South East 4x4 Response group is severly stretched at the moment with several call-outs and a lack of volunteers available to cover their areas of Kent, Surrey and East Sussex.
I have spoken to one of the controllers and they desperately need 4x4 owners who can volunteer some of their time from this evening and over the next few days to help with mainly getting medical staff to and from Hospitals, ferrying elderly and care home staff and residents, deliver meals on wheels to the elderly, rescue stranded Ambulances, etc. etc.
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #54274 8th Jan 2010 11:58 am
Udash

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

I am the only one who didint have to use a shovel to take the car off in our street. (including a X6). My driveway has a good slope towards the house and my daughter use it to slide down with her sledge and I put more snow in to it for her to play. FL2 goes in/out without any issue.

Yesterday went to her school to help with removing the snow and headmaster asked me to drive around the car park to make a path so that cars can get in, covered with aound 8 inches of snow. School is open today partly thanks to FL2... Thumbs Up Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto
Zermatt Silver
Side Steps & Mud flaps

Post #54281 8th Jan 2010 12:32 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I'm thinking of joining the local 4x4 response team, the Beds & Cambs team. Feel like I want o be able to help in times like this, and other issues, flooding etc.

Anyone else with a Freelander joined any of the 4x4 response network teams? Does anyone know if they class a FL2 (without low rage gearbox to help with towing heavy loads) suitable for their work?

Looks like I'd need to get a towbar fitted and a CB radio of some sort, other than that the FL2 seems SHOULD be suitable for what they need.

Rich

Post #54291 8th Jan 2010 1:16 pm
Cerdo

United Arab Emirates 

Great fun drivin to Liverpool at 06.30 Tuesday morning to get a flight to Ireland. Loads of flash cars stuck around Mancs M62 was doing between 20-30mph, no-one in th eoutside lane, except me, doing around 40 on virgin snow. Felt totally safe.
Since then been pottering around Manchester. Had Minus 13 ythis morning, and started with no worries. Had to take the Missus to school.
Great Car!
Back on topic. NP I saw that image yesterday and was gonna post it. Indus Silver
GS TD4
Private Parts

Post #54304 8th Jan 2010 2:09 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Cerdo wrote:
Had to take the Missus to school.

Shocked At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #54316 8th Jan 2010 4:01 pm
Cerdo

United Arab Emirates 

I knew it would be Sheep ! Indus Silver
GS TD4
Private Parts

Post #54319 8th Jan 2010 4:19 pm
ad210358

England 

Udash wrote:
I am the only one who didint have to use a shovel to take the car off in our street. (including a X6). My driveway has a good slope towards the house and my daughter use it to slide down with her sledge and I put more snow in to it for her to play. FL2 goes in/out without any issue.

Yesterday went to her school to help with removing the snow and headmaster asked me to drive around the car park to make a path so that cars can get in, covered with aound 8 inches of snow. School is open today partly thanks to FL2... Thumbs Up

I am not suprised the X6 could not make it, did you see the one on Top Gear last week, it could not go up a hill in a field of damp grass and just to rub it in they then drove past the struggling X6 with a Range Rover. The tyres fitted gave it so little traction that when they put the hand brake on it just slithered backwards. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #54321 8th Jan 2010 4:53 pm
Udash

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

ad210358 wrote:

I am not suprised the X6 could not make it, did you see the one on Top Gear last week, it could not go up a hill in a field of damp grass and just to rub it in they then drove past the struggling X6 with a Range Rover. The tyres fitted gave it so little traction that when they put the hand brake on it just slithered backwards.

Yes, It was very intersting. Also last weeks TG was very positive towards LR, with the incident you mentioned and also they mentioned that FFRR TDV8 as one of the considered cars of the decade, because its 'all the cars you ever wanted in one' or someting like that... Thumbs Up Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto
Zermatt Silver
Side Steps & Mud flaps

Post #54370 8th Jan 2010 8:46 pm
hinchy

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Aintree Green

[quote="AndyC"]Its called global warming Thumbs Up

No it's not it's called a winter Mr. Green

Post #54375 8th Jan 2010 9:55 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

rmbillington wrote:
I'm thinking of joining the local 4x4 response team, the Beds & Cambs team. Feel like I want o be able to help in times like this, and other issues, flooding etc.

Anyone else with a Freelander joined any of the 4x4 response network teams? Does anyone know if they class a FL2 (without low rage gearbox to help with towing heavy loads) suitable for their work?

Looks like I'd need to get a towbar fitted and a CB radio of some sort, other than that the FL2 seems SHOULD be suitable for what they need.

Rich

I thought about it, but thinking some more with the family I haven't the availible time to do so

why not join Disco3 and ask iconix or ring Dan Stern, the thread I posted seams to have diverced as it looks like there is some critera 'you' have to meet like CRB checked etc Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #54413 9th Jan 2010 8:16 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>