Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Electrical glitches and the dealer????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
stuartp

United Kingdom 
Electrical glitches and the dealer????

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me out with a couple answers to a couple of queries.

I’m booked in to my dealer as I am fed up with the Auto wipers going off when I start the car (even the rear wiper does one swipe on its own now??) .When I turn off the auto wipers and then move the stork back up to auto mode the wipers do one swipe of the screen (bone dry screen) and they also do a swipe of the screen if I adjust the sensitivity of the wipers at all ,could anyone tell me if they have the same with their auto wipers??

Has anyone actually had the volume of the rear parking sensors made louder by a dealer as my dealer says he has no knowledge of this being able to be done?

And finally the car has just started to do the old not starting glitch ,in that you have to remove the fob ,reinsert and then try again but when this does happen it totally wipes all the info from the onboard computer (trip ,average fuel etc) again have any dealers cured this?

My dealer has the car booked in but he says he has had no other owners in with any off theses problems?

Thanks in advance. Question

Post #3324 23rd May 2007 2:02 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame
Re: Electrical glitches and the dealer????

stuartp wrote:
...When I turn off the auto wipers and then move the stork back up to auto mode the wipers do one swipe of the screen (bone dry screen) and they also do a swipe of the screen if I adjust the sensitivity of the wipers at all...

I think every car I've ever had with auto wipers has done this - I'm guessing that the logic is that if you're switching the wipers to auto, or adjusting the sensitivity, then in most cases you'll be doing it because your screen needs wiping.

As for the wipers cycling every time you start the car, mine certainly don't do that and they're left on "auto" at all times.

Post #3328 23rd May 2007 2:54 pm
superkoala

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Rimini Red

* wipers on auto all the time, only wipe when it rains or when I adjust the sensitivity
* parking sensor volume loud enough in my car (production 01/05/2007)
* not starting glitch : not seen till now (let's hope it stays that way) 

Post #3330 23rd May 2007 4:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1