« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Finance & Insurance > Finance Deals
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
smo

England 
Finance Deals

Are there any good finance deals out there at the moment, im horrified at the obscene rates on offer considering the non-existant base interest rate. I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

TD5 D-Lander hopefully finished soon!
FL2....this year with any luck!

Post #53689 3rd Jan 2010 8:06 pm
kam100

Hi Smo.

I would be pleased to quote for you.
With interest rates so low, this has little effect unfortunately.
The cheap money has all dissapeared out of this country, with banks falling over themselves to exit the UK finance market for cars! and it's likely to get worse.

The only real big players left are, santander and ING but they have heavy restrictions.
Since the CCA took the cap of regulation on finance agreements, the amount of vehicles being Voluntarily terminated and handed back to the banks is ridiculous. Ask me, we've seen around 15 cars pass through since Dec, and the bank have to pick up the pieces. Therefore car funding is becoming a loss maker in massive quanitities. A good rate right now on most finance deals is going to be around 5-6% FLAT, which equates to around 11-12% APR!! Which is what most dealers are quoting.

We would be happy to have a look at any quote you may have and see if we can better it by shopping around all the cheapest lenders, who are still left in the UK that is!
Thumbs Up

Post #54988 12th Jan 2010 8:51 pm
smo

England 

11-12% APR is rediculous. I'm not willing to pay over 6.9-7.9% because that is what the bank will give me! I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

Post #55150 13th Jan 2010 10:16 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Landrover were doing 0% if you put a minimum of 40% down & 5.9% on PCP or standard finance with a small deposit. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #55157 13th Jan 2010 10:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
smo

England 

When/where was this, i can find 0% if i put down 70% and i thought the rates were higher than that on finance, needless to say i cant find any rates now!!! I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

Post #55163 13th Jan 2010 10:48 pm
The Valeter

smo wrote:
When/where was this, i can find 0% if i put down 70% and i thought the rates were higher than that on finance, needless to say i cant find any rates now!!!

This deal is from Landrover themselves & should still be on now as they change it every 3 months. This deal was on when I first viewed it in late August the salesman said the order needed to be in by the end of September to qualify for that deal as they did not know what deal was to start on October the 1st however it remained the same & will be due to finish at the end of January....

Check on the Landrover website - it will say on there. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #55168 13th Jan 2010 11:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
greengiant

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

These are the current deals.

http://www.landrover.co.uk/gb/en/vehicles/...otions.htm 09 FL2 HSE auto Lago Grey
71 Triumph Stag 3L
68 NGTCV8 3.5L

Post #55170 14th Jan 2010 12:36 am
The Valeter

greengiant wrote:
These are the current deals.

http://www.landrover.co.uk/gb/en/vehicles/...otions.htm

Ah yes I made an error - if the then deal started on October the 1st it finished on December the 31st not January Doh! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #55172 14th Jan 2010 12:48 am
smo

England 

40% i could probably do, 70% i cant! Sad I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

Post #55181 14th Jan 2010 8:36 am
kam100

smo wrote:
11-12% APR is rediculous. I'm not willing to pay over 6.9-7.9% because that is what the bank will give me!

Yes on a personal loan basis for a loan of under £20k you're very likely to get this.
However on a Balloon/PCP deal they can't do those and the loans will be on a personal basis and not secured on the car, which has advantages/disadvantages depending on your situation.

In term of the 0% deal or the subsidised low rate deals off the metal from dealers, they are your best bet for sure if you have that level of deposit. They fund the low APR's via LR who provide discounts off each bonnet to subsidise the lender, hence why massive deposits are required, so you're effectively borrowing very little so their subsidy is achievable through their discount allowances in order to shift stock and keep sales going.

If you are buying a used car, your options will be limited, and thats where we can help mainly!
In terms of new car dealer offering the current rates, give James at Park Royal LR a call i am sure he will direct you the right way.

Thumbs Up

Post #55218 14th Jan 2010 2:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1