Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Just picked the car up from it's 3rd service.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Just picked the car up from it's 3rd service.

Just collected the car from Marshall Land Rover in Leicestershire after having it's 3rd 45k service.

Current mileage 33000. Brakes still have 40% left which is great news as they are all original. Everything else looked at during the service was fine.

As usual they did a fantastic job of the service and I thought the cost was a very reasonable £286 inc VAT, which for a Land Rover dealer was good.

As the warranty runs out in the second week of Jan, I had a few things looked at whilst it was in. So the following was also done :-

Door Mirrors

Two new door mirrors as the old ones were juddering when folding in. As they had the LandRover bodycoloured cappings, as these are bonded on, Land Rover will replace with two new bodycolour door caps as part ofr the warranty claim, these will be here in the new year.

Vent Controls

Both the silver knobs from my vents either side of the sat nav fell off, so both vents were replaced.

Front Seat Belts

Both my front seat belts have been rubbing and cutting into the plastic pillar trim on the B pillar. So both front seat belts and door pillar trims have been replaced under warranty. There has been a bulletin sent to dealers about this so if your suffering, they will be changed.

System Software

A full software check was carried out and updated accordingly.

Phone

There is also a new software upgrade for the phone system. It is for sure much clearer now.

Front Parking Sensors

It has to go back for these to be replaced on the front due to water ingress, which makes them stay on when it rains.

Steering Rack

When the car had it's MOT, there was evidence of a slight weeping of power steering fluid around the hose, this has been replaced and is now cured.

I know the above sounds alot, but I wanted to make sure everything is 100% right before the warranty has expired next month.

They said the car is inexcellent shape and nothing to keep an eye on. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #52762 23rd Dec 2009 6:11 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Mav, can you tell us more about the phone software upgrade - I have a good high spec mobile with a full signal, it connects to the car immediately but the receiving speach through the car speakers is absolute pants (Remember Norman Collier Laughing ) you can hear only every 2nd or 3rd word - is this what problem you had ?

Post #52768 23rd Dec 2009 7:31 pm
Mav71

Ours was just very crackly and not very good. But it's alot better now. Maybe worth contacting your dealer to see if yours needs the upgrade. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #52771 23rd Dec 2009 8:40 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Bow down Bow down Bow down

+ Merry Christmas Thumbs Up

Post #52773 23rd Dec 2009 8:47 pm
On-board

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Well done I cant say I blame you. My mirrors juddered so I give them some wd40 and that seemed to cure it. Mind you one folds in quicker than the other now. Laughing

Post #53028 28th Dec 2009 4:30 pm
fletch5535

My dealer has just delivered mine home after having it's 3rd (45k) service.

My current mileage is just over 20000, and my brakes were 80% gone! (Replaced all as MOT is fast approaching)

Obviously you and I have very different driving habits!
I'm not aware of being particularly harsh on my brakes.

Post #65684 6th Apr 2010 3:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1