Home > General > New FL2 "Newport" Collected Last Saturday - aarrrh
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
athelstan

New FL2 "Newport" Collected Last Saturday - aarrrh

Okay it went like this:

1: Paid for adaptive bi.xenon see around corners etc headlamps - NOT FITTED
2: Special interior included carpets edge trimmed in same leather colour as seating (terracotta) -NOT SUPPLIED
3: Factory fit standard tyres -so dealer told to fit "Winter Tyres" as these are compulsory November onwards here in Switzerland. Three of the 4 Alloys are now chipped and scratched as a result of this tyre change.
4: Terracotta leather trim also applied to door panels. On the front passenger door this trim does not even cover the interior padding leaving a gap of the size of a 50p piece of cream coloured sound proofing material.
5: The leather bound documentation wallet was BLUE. Hang on, the car is in Ipanema Sand with Terracotta leather seats etc and the std., black lower cabin trimmings. BLUE - what is wrong with black if you haven't made any in Terracotta, or Sand!! Does anyone's document case match any colour of their FL2???

Now awaiting dealer response to all the above.

I thought I was buying a premium brand supported by a premium dealer network - well that's what they say in their marketing material Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post #50710 22nd Nov 2009 7:23 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

sorry to hear the bad news Crying or Very sad hope it can be sorted by them.never seen teracota leather over here uk,lets see some pics of inside and out off her please,.......waiting for my inpanema sand first week of dec Razz

Post #50718 22nd Nov 2009 7:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
athelstan

gilfishman

Ipanema Sand is terrific.
Terracotta Leather is a special initiated by the Swiss Importer/Distributer - goes very well with IS.

Will post pixs soon. After problems resolved.

Post #50721 22nd Nov 2009 8:49 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

5: The leather bound documentation wallet was BLUE. Hang on, the car is in Ipanema Sand with Terracotta leather seats etc and the std., black lower cabin trimmings. BLUE - what is wrong with black if you haven't made any in Terracotta, or Sand!! Does anyone's document case match any colour of their FL2???

Got a blue plastic one, thought that was the standard thing, but real leather, boy you gotta be joking Question 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #50722 22nd Nov 2009 8:55 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Your compaining about the colour of the pack that came with the car? Their all blue. If the car is not as you ordered and you have documented proof that it is not what you ordered, then you have the right to reject the car. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #50724 22nd Nov 2009 9:30 pm
athelstan

AndyC wrote:

Got a blue plastic one, thought that was the standard thing, but real leather, boy you gotta be joking Question

Yes Andy - IT IS REAL LEATHER Very Happy BUT BLUE

Post #50726 22nd Nov 2009 9:47 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I wouldn't have even took it from the dealer with the problems your stating Confused

I don't know what the deal is with the tires where you are ....... But others on here seem to have 2 sets of wheels and a company that stores them when not in use

Did the dealer say he was providing winter tires or summer and what happens come summer, are you then going to buy summer tires

Wheels should be replaced in my opinion and the door cards retrimmed or corrected

Sounds nice spec though, when you have time maybe post up a photo or two Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #50727 22nd Nov 2009 9:49 pm
athelstan

Mav71 wrote:
Their all blue. If the car is not as you ordered and you have documented proof that it is not what you ordered, then you have the right to reject the car.

Mav - thanks for the confirmation that they are ALL BLUE. I'd like to meet the dipstick in "design", and/or "marketing" that came up with that idea.

But, I'm not rejecting the car, I just want those matters I described resolving, and, I'll go and get a black, or sand or terracotta leather wallet made. Idea Then Andy can buy my blue leather one to replace his plastic. Wink

Post #50728 22nd Nov 2009 9:53 pm
athelstan

npinks wrote:
I wouldn't have even took it from the dealer with the problems your stating Confused

I don't know what the deal is with the tires where you are ....... But others on here seem to have 2 sets of wheels and a company that stores them when not in use

Did the dealer say he was providing winter tires or summer and what happens come summer, are you then going to buy summer tires

Wheels should be replaced in my opinion and the door cards retrimmed or corrected

Sounds nice spec though, when you have time maybe post up a photo or two Thumbs Up

npinks
I'd already planned 2 sets of alloys - one winter/one summer. But back to the subject of tyres: the factory supply the cars to Switzerland shod with "std all year all terrain treads", but the insurance law here states that come winter if you don't put "winter" tyres on, your insurance policy becomes basically invalid. Hence the reason why I asked the dealer to put some winter tyres on. I have the factory supplied tyres in the cellar ready for summer.

Here in CH both car dealers and tyre dealers "hotel" your other tyre (or full wheel sets" out of season at a general charge of approximately UK£30 per season.

Post #50729 22nd Nov 2009 10:05 pm
AndyC

athelstan wrote:
Mav71 wrote:
Their all blue. If the car is not as you ordered and you have documented proof that it is not what you ordered, then you have the right to reject the car.

Mav - thanks for the confirmation that they are ALL BLUE. I'd like to meet the dipstick in "design", and/or "marketing" that came up with that idea.

But, I'm not rejecting the car, I just want those matters I described resolving, and, I'll go and get a black, or sand or terracotta leather wallet made. Idea Then Andy can buy my blue leather one to replace his plastic. Wink

Thanks for the offer Confused but if I was gonna have a real leather then Ebony would have to be the choice to match the seats, although they are only LR Pleather Rolling Eyes

Still if anybody has a Stornoway exclusive leather one going I would be interested in that Laughing

Embarassed begining to sound like one of the asphalt cowboys Embarassed 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #50730 22nd Nov 2009 10:09 pm
AndyC

athelstan wrote:
npinks wrote:
Sounds nice spec though, when you have time maybe post up a photo or two Thumbs Up

Here in CH both car dealers and tyre dealers "hotel" your other tyre (or full wheel sets" out of season at a general charge of approximately UK£30 per season.

Nice price Thumbs Up - here it set's us back £95 per season - but then they know we can afford it Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #50731 22nd Nov 2009 10:16 pm
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

In Belgium I pay 50 euros (approx 40 pounds) per season at the dealers. I was pressed for time so I did not shop arround like I usually do and payed almost 1300 euros (1000 pounds) for the tyre change (including tyres) at the dealers.

When I called I should have shopped around as they kind of deliberatly made me feel like they were more expensive as a tyre dealer, but I did not expect them to overcharge with that much.

Mean while, as my brother asked me a few days later what i payed, I did shop around and found out I could have payed 60 euros less per tyre somewhere else, making it a 240 euros (200 pound) overcharge. And that was after the so called 30% reduction the LR dealer took from the tyre price.

To be fair, the alternative shop has an original price of 407 euros per tyre, reducing it to 222, while the dealer has the same original price reducing it to 284.

I also had to beg to clean the insides of the wheels as it was an opportune moment to do so when the tyres were off. They charged me 20 euros for it while I only pay 10 euros for a car wash... Not so bothered about that tough.

PS the tyre type is Goodyear Wrangler Ultra Grip 235/65 R17 108H

Post #50736 23rd Nov 2009 9:01 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

AndyC wrote:
Stornoway exclusive

Shocked Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Exclamation At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #50737 23rd Nov 2009 9:14 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Back in 2004 I ordered a BMW 3 series coupe in Estoril blue which meant it had to be a factory order, also specified sports leather seats, auto and satnav. Car was built in Germany, shipped over to supplying dealer who was in Ipswich and then put on a trailer and brought to me in the Midlands, whole process from order took 8 weeks. When it arrived I discovered that there was no satnav so refused the vehicle (satnav was built in and about a 2K option), supplying dealer took the vehicle back and ordered another BMW, supplied me with a BMW courtesy car for free for the 8 weeks and upon delivery of the right spec BMW gave me a roof rack and 2 cycle bars for free as way of an apology (worth about £500)

Have a word with your dealer - you should get something out of them for all the inconvenience of them having to put right the problems!

Post #50779 23rd Nov 2009 8:24 pm
athelstan

Shilen
Dialogue has commenced and I have every confidence at this juncture that all will be put right professionally and swiftly. Rolling Eyes Should have news tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for their comments - appreciated.

Post #50781 23rd Nov 2009 8:34 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>