Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > New LR model to come according to Autobild (Car Express)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
New LR model to come according to Autobild (Car Express)

Hi

The German car magazine "Autobild" (I think it's Autoexpress in UK) has several pictures (computer generated) of the upcoming Land Rovers.

Everything will change!!!

Like the last time I will try to translate the important parts and will put the scanned pix in my gallery.

Due to bad time in the SUV segment with LR losing 34% marketshare, Sulihull will be closed. (FL2 dropped from 2500 to 900 units in 2009, RRS from 2500 to 600 units) In all LR will have produced under 200000 in 2009, but they expect with the new models to climb at over 300000 cars per year.

Range Rover LRX will be the first to come 3-doors in 2010 and 5 doors in 2011, price range 25000-40000 €

The Freelander will be replaced by the Rang Rover Ventura in 3-doors Soft/hardtop and 5 doors after 2014. Softtop Freelander begins at 22500 €.
The 7-seater Ventura will not come.

Discovery is too heavy and expensive and is the first to disappear. It will share the same base as Range Rover Ventura. Prices 45000 € and up. 7 seats possible.

The Defender will be replaced by 2013/14 with the ICON project, which is based on a modular system because it will be used by military, in agriculture and administrations, with many possibilities. But won't have an expensive aluminum body. It will be built in the UK and not India! As 2 seater pick up to long wheel based 7-seater.

The RR and RRS will be based on the same platform and built in Castle Bromwich with Jaguar side by side.

Engines for all LR will be 4-cylinder low emission engines shared with Jaguar and Diesel hybrid engines.

The article was larger but these were the main issues.

BTW New LR are all called Range Rover (RR, RR Sport, RR Ventura, RR LRX) except for Defender and Discovery.

Pictures will follow.

OK scanned pages are online see my gallery. Freelander 2 SE 4Td Izmir Blue, Dog cage for Alaskan Malamute, iphone Navigon Navigator

Last edited by cyberhusky on 15th Nov 2009 8:21 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #50270 15th Nov 2009 12:55 pm
simon

United Kingdom 

Looks like a bunch of very poor Photoshop images and at a guess a load of conjecture based on rumour and what we alreay know from LR.

Post #50278 15th Nov 2009 5:31 pm
j77

Scotland 

All just hear say. I will wait until landrover announce the changes. mock up images always look poor.

Post #50279 15th Nov 2009 6:05 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

simon wrote:
Looks like a bunch of very poor Photoshop images and at a guess a load of conjecture based on rumour and what we alreay know from LR.

I would'nt be so cock sure if I were you Shocked If Land Rover is to survive the next few years it will have to change its image considerably. LR cannot survive on UK sales alone and outside the UK it seems to be dying out already. Sales in Norway must be about zero and we dont even have a proper distributor any longer. The only agent for LR here Motorpool, and who hardly has any new vehicles in stock, which means anybody wanting will have to order. We who have bought LR earlier have to take ours to the local Volvo agent for service Sad 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #50280 15th Nov 2009 6:14 pm
landieguy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey

Been in contact with my dealer during which I raised the issue of possible new HST model coming in next few months based on info from lr2maker. Suggestion is that a Limited edition is on its way but below spec to the current HST.

Looks like an idea to keep sales bouyant but to an acceptable budget against offerings from BMW(new X1) Honda (facelifted CRV) and facelifted KIA Zorentos and the like.

As we all know nothing drives like a F2, but it needs better postioning and back up from LR and its dealers. A few more steps up the JD Power survey in the next 12 months would in itself sell the vehicle. Biggest gripe I have is servicing costs against rivals - all the responses from LR have been " well its a premium product that needs a premium cost to support its servicing etc"
Before I bought the FL2 I looked at various other models, Mitsubuishi were offering 3 years servicing for £250 for the Outlander which is less that the typical 1st Service cost with LR. BMW were offering 3 years for £500 on X3, all very good selling points.

Why did I buy the FL2 then - it drove better and was better equipped than the rest - I just have to put up with the running costs.

Post #50283 15th Nov 2009 6:52 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

lets hope they dont have chav LED's in the headlights like the new RRS Confused blooming xmas trees At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #50284 15th Nov 2009 7:11 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I was only at Solihull a few weeks ago, and the money being spent on the site on different projects is not the sort of thing for a plant that is shutting down. The word is that Castle Bromwich is closing.

Sales of F2 are on the up. Land Rover are not in anywhere near the bad shape that this magazine article represents. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #50286 15th Nov 2009 7:32 pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Same situation here in Luxembourg:
there's only one dealer left, though he sells BMW and Minis too. But there aren't many Freelander 2. There are about a handful in my region.

In my street about 150 households there is my FL2, a range Rover a Discovery and since 2 weeks a new Defender.

But with all the banks here in Luxembourg there are many RRS running around.

It's true that these are all mockups pix, but Autobild (car Express) is known have first time pictures.
OTOH they are also known to publish rumors Smile Freelander 2 SE 4Td Izmir Blue, Dog cage for Alaskan Malamute, iphone Navigon Navigator

Post #50294 15th Nov 2009 7:56 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

My area has plenty of LR cars too,from FFRR's to beaten up defenders on farms, very hard to travel anywhere without seeing another fl2 at least. Mrs G's friend has an FL2 with body kit in tambora flame Shocked , luckily she doesnt wash it very often. At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #50296 15th Nov 2009 8:14 pm
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

Looking at the pictures, I like the look of most of them tough they are not world chocking. However I don't feel much for the front design of the LR Sport and I completely don't like the design of the Ventura, which looks too Japanese too to me...

Post #50325 16th Nov 2009 9:09 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

zone30 wrote:
Looking at the pictures, I like the look of most of them tough they are not world chocking. However I don't feel much for the front design of the LR Sport and I completely don't like the design of the Ventura, which looks too Japanese too to me...

Like it or not, the pictures of the Ventura is more pleasing to the eye than the 2010 VW Tour-egg 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #50335 16th Nov 2009 1:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1