« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Rear Headrest TV screens
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Northern Monkey

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue
Rear Headrest TV screens

Just seen these for sale on Ebay....look very cheap if you know what your doing!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Freelander-2-Rear-En...2303b6225a Baltic blue XS - Alpaca Leather - 18" HSE wheels.

Post #49870 6th Nov 2009 7:59 am
kezman50

England 

Are these just monitors as it were then? i.e you have to provide a source like a DVD player independently? Also....how does this set up differ if any to if you specced them on a brand new factory built order? For example how are the wires concealed or are they not?

Post #49882 6th Nov 2009 1:57 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

your right, they are just monitors and you have to provide the source and are the same as the ones installed by LR

I have ROSEN replacement headrest mounted screens, each screen has it own DVD player, but both can watch the same DVD if both kids want to watch the same movie, come with IR headphones and a little controller to play inbuilt games which are basic, but some are quite good fun.

sponsor 10forcash could do these, i don't know the exact price as mine was fitted by my dealer when it was a demo car, but i believe they are around £800 - £900 or something near Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #49886 6th Nov 2009 2:18 pm
kezman50

England 

Cheers npinks. What about wires? Are any wires on show with your set up? and what would you imagine would be the situation with the ones on sale from Northern Monkey's ebay link?

Post #49891 6th Nov 2009 2:34 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

no wires on show at all

they go down the headrest tubes in to the seat and emerge somewhere below to get power, very clean install

Click image to enlarge
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #49892 6th Nov 2009 2:37 pm
kezman50

England 

I will admitt, that looks very slick!

Post #49896 6th Nov 2009 3:37 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

There's been a couple of links regarding fitting of these LR screens. The only wires that could be on show are the ones connecting the screens to the output of the AV unit in the centre console, but it depends how neat you are as they go under the front seats. Phil

Post #49898 6th Nov 2009 4:56 pm
Barton Freelander

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Lago Grey

I went for the roof mount DVD idea.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Freelander2 GS TD4 Manual in Lago Grey Smile .Roof Mount DVD 9.2''Screen~Window Tints~Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth~Retro Fit Sony Satnav~iPhone Dashmount~Side Steps~Woodco Armrest~Mudflaps~Land Rover Sunglass Holder~LED Interior Lights~Private Plate.Evoque Collected 17th Sept 2012.

Also Audi TT Roadster.Smile

Post #49918 6th Nov 2009 10:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kezman50

England 

I Assume the deal is for 2 X headrest Monitors, not 1 per Buy????

Post #49995 9th Nov 2009 6:36 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

The kit is for 2 x headrest monitors, wiring and input sockets plus 2 x IR headphones

Post #50018 9th Nov 2009 9:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kezman50

England 

Has anyone got these official monitors? What do you think of the screens quality? Although audio is through IR headphones, does it also come out of a speaker in the monitor? What DVD player have you connected to them and does it split out to both monitors? Where is your player sited? I assume it would have a buffer for shock...

....and finally can I be shot for asking to many questions in one go???? Laughing

Post #50188 13th Nov 2009 10:58 am
phil_wkl

Australia 

The screens are fine, bit small compared to other units out there but fine for their purpose. It's not like you expect home cinema quality. There are no speakers in the screens but you can send the audio from your source into the audio jack in the centre console, it'll then come through the car speakers. Alternatively, you could search for some IR speakers.
The AV input for the screens have separate composite inputs for each side but included are cables to allow the same inputs for both screeens so you have the choice to have the same on both.
I use an Ipod touch so no worries about shock or mounting issues, it just sits in the centre console and I take it away with me. Other people have dedicated DVD players installed.
My only issue with these is the angle of the screens, they don't tilt so they angle slightly upwards because of the shape of the head rests. That's fine for adults but for small children a better view requires the front seat to be reclined more than I would like it. Good thing my son sits behind the passenger seat so it's not a problem for me, the driver. Phil

Post #50195 13th Nov 2009 12:12 pm
kezman50

England 

Thanks for the reply Phil. A valid last point I wouldn't of thought of as well.

Post #50206 13th Nov 2009 2:55 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I did my own.

Apline 6 disc DVD player under the seat. Alpine screens mounted in the headrests and also used the AUX in from the DVD player hidden under the console so when you press the AUX button on the dash it all comes through the speakers.

Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #50246 14th Nov 2009 5:15 pm
BigAntG

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Hi,
I purchased a set of OEM Landrovers screens for my FL2 from EBay from a Stratstone dealership. Absolute fantastic piece of kit for the money & really easy to install (about 1-2hrs). Loads of instructions on the net, I purchased a DVD player wih loads of features inc USB ports for memory sticks & HDD. I purchased a VEBA AV2705 from EBAY for approx £68, overall its a very impressive bit of kit for the money & looks very neat. If you start hacking headrests to fit your own then the leather goes saggy etc..... I have fitted my dvd & control panel discretely under the passanger seat, system sounds awesome playing through the Alpine 5.1 system in the car!!!

Post #51165 29th Nov 2009 1:17 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1