« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Reversing sensor tone continuous
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

mcphersonstrut wrote:
Yes it always is when it's raining - I've had (apparently) new front and rear sensors and a new control unit, software updates galore and still they work when they want...either continuous at the back or front and on days of the week with a 'y' in, and alternates between the front and rear tone.
Back in tomorrow with a loan car for two days - they are now suggesting that water is getting into the electrics rather than the actual sensors being faulty.

Surely they would have checked this out prior to replacing sensors? Load of Censored, put it down to poor design and no solution, similar to the drivers seat issue which mine still suffers from even after a new seat was fitted. Its niggles like this that really annoy me about LR Twisted Evil

Post #50511 18th Nov 2009 6:14 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The problem is, you don't know what they actually do to your car during the day whilst it's in their premises.... so have they checked the wiring before they change the sensors ? I don't know. All we want is the keys (sorry, should I call it a fob) back and the fault fixed, which at the moment hasn't happened. NP has had this problem for the last 2.5 years.......my issue is if I spend £23k on a car that's got a warranty and has a fault I want it fixing. I work in sales and know that getting angry doesn't help - 'polite but firm' works most times and so far has got me a 2nd and 3rd free service + a free rear spoiler Thumbs Up

Post #50514 18th Nov 2009 6:34 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I fixed mine by buying another car and so far it's been fine Smile Quite an expensive fix for me though Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #50515 18th Nov 2009 7:04 pm
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

mcphersonstrut wrote:
Yes it always is when it's raining - I've had (apparently) new front and rear sensors and a new control unit, software updates galore and still they work when they want...either continuous at the back or front and on days of the week with a 'y' in, and alternates between the front and rear tone.
Back in tomorrow with a loan car for two days - they are now suggesting that water is getting into the electrics rather than the actual sensors being faulty.

Keep us posted - it'll give me more ammo for another trip to my dealers!! Thumbs Up Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #50517 18th Nov 2009 7:59 pm
mcphersonstrut

Not a problem...I'll update you on what they say and have done. What a great idea this forum is Thumbs Up

Post #50519 18th Nov 2009 8:25 pm
mcphersonstrut

New updated update of an update re: sensors..... So far I have had numerous trips to the garage to have 'the ECU reprogrammed' and got to know the service manager well - actually a good bloke and he suggested that as the ECU is kind of a computer a reboot has fixed the problem on many problem cars. Then I got new rear sensors....no good, then I got new front sensors + ECU.....still no good. Picked the car up yesterday and I have now the new style wiring loom as the version I had (March 08 car) have had problems holding moisture in the connectors.
Spent a few hours in the driving rain yesterday and today to get it nice and wet underneath and....It's fixed Thumbs Up
But for how long Rolling with laughter
So the ammo you need for the dealer is apparently newer style connectors to the sensors (Don't get angry, be assertive and polite - ''It's not good enough'' worked for me). Good luck to all.

Post #50670 21st Nov 2009 3:53 pm
mcphersonstrut

After the recent wet weather..... the tones are back !! Big Cry

Post #51246 30th Nov 2009 12:41 pm
Bill Turner

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

[quote=" Picked the car up yesterday and I have now the new style wiring loom as the version I had (March 08 car) have had problems holding moisture in the connectors.
Spent a few hours in the driving rain yesterday and today to get it nice and wet underneath and....It's fixed

Can you possibly give forumeers so further info as ammo for the next trip to the stealer's?
I.E. is there a Service Bulletin detailing the requirement for a new style wiring loom?

I have been having problems with Conwy Land Rover as I had the tow-bar fitted Chester Towbars (excellent job at a good price) and they are trying to avoid responsibility by blaming the tow-bar wiring.

Any information you can give would be much appreciated by me and I suspect numerous others.

Bill Turner Life Honorary Member of Wallasey Motor Club.
Licenced MSA Radio Operator for 35+ years.
Rallying is the only sport.

Post #51247 30th Nov 2009 12:52 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

If you had not had the sensors replaced I would have guessed it was those that were faulty Confused

Can’t really help, but if it is of any use I can mention that mine is a 2007 model and once or twice has had several extra beeps due to heavy falling snow but never in rain which has been pretty predominant this year. I have never commented on the these unprovoked beeps when the Freely has been in for service and I don’t think any software update has been implemented on these occasions.

Sounds like you have a bug that may be difficult to fix – good luck whatever you do next Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #51248 30th Nov 2009 12:54 pm
mcphersonstrut

The car has had new front and rear sensors a while back, a new ECU, and in the last weeks apparently a new wiring loom to the front and rear...I take their word for it and don't actually look under the car to see if I can see anything new.
Bill, we had the LR towbar fitted before we picked it up so can't tell if the fault 'arrived' when it was fitted, as for a bulletin, I don't believe there is one.
Question to all: Anyone without a tow bar/electrics fitted having issues with the parking sensors ?

Post #51251 30th Nov 2009 1:10 pm
philsh

mcphersonstrut wrote:
After the recent wet weather..... the tones are back !! Big Cry

Thanks for keeping us posted mate Thumbs Up . I know it's a problem with the sensors full stop. It's even recognised by LR. The brand new one on my experience I did a few months back was doing the same thing in the rain. This time of year it's f Censored g annoying. My sensors are spending most of their time not working. I'll hassle my dealers again, but the last update they gave me was central LR have not come up with a long term solution. I've no doubt they will when my car run s out of warranty in March '10. I've registered the concern with LR, so if they do eventually sort out the problem, perhaps they'll fix mine on the house!! Sad Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #51268 30th Nov 2009 5:35 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Plenty of rain here and floods 'normal' cars cant go thru (some tried and failed Confused ) No problems with the sensors Thumbs Up .

Mrs G was ferrying her friends to 'mums and tots' in the village as the road is badly flooded. ( So are about 30 acres of my wheat fields Big Cry ) At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #51331 1st Dec 2009 8:09 pm
philsh

chicken george wrote:
Plenty of rain here and floods 'normal' cars cant go thru (some tried and failed Confused ) No problems with the sensors Thumbs Up .

Mrs G was ferrying her friends to 'mums and tots' in the village as the road is badly flooded. ( So are about 30 acres of my wheat fields Big Cry )

I don't understand how some work Ok and yet mine are s Censored t. LR state they can't do anything as there's no solution. Think I' m gonna compose yet another letter to the relationship centre. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #51465 3rd Dec 2009 4:05 pm
Bill Turner

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black
Reversing Sensors

I don't understand how some work Ok and yet mine are s :censored: t. LR state they can't do anything as there's no solution. Think I' m gonna compose yet another letter to the relationship centre.

Phish, Would a petition/mass complaint to LR work? If you think it is worth a try please count me in.

Anybody else out there want to join in?

Bill Turner. Life Honorary Member of Wallasey Motor Club.
Licenced MSA Radio Operator for 35+ years.
Rallying is the only sport.

Post #51522 4th Dec 2009 2:39 pm
mcphersonstrut

Count me in for sure......

Post #51523 4th Dec 2009 2:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>