« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Sports Styling Pack
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Valin

Saudi Arabia 
Sports Styling Pack

Here in the Middle East, LR dealers offer to fit the "Sports Styling Pack" for around 5870$ extra.
This package includes baisicly Front,Rear and side extensions,spoiler and some cool and beefed up chrome exust tips "Much cooler than the orgional tips" which cannot be ordered speartly.

Does anyone think that the price is worth it?
and will it effect the off roading capabilities? ( more narrow approch and exit angles adn lower body clearnce).
Has anyone ordered them or saw it on the road ?... or off it for that matter.

I really would appriciate anybodys thoughts on the matter, Thanks.

Valin

Post #3033 12th May 2007 6:38 pm
quickmotor

Ireland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

I have seen it on the road just passing me by. It looks "OK" but will definatly effect the offroading as its much lower at thr front and the rear. The grill looks the part but personally I dont think its worth the extra cash.

Post #3243 22nd May 2007 8:55 am
Aliman

Lebanon 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hey there Valin! Great theres someone else from the MIddle east on here Smile Hey were practically neighbors!!
Well I was at the dealer yesterday getting ready to pick up my car which should be ready by tommorow and we talked about the sport pack
Well theres seems to be some trouble with them and Land rover Tech team is heading over to see how it can be sorted, but it mainly revolves about how the pack is attached to the car
You see unlike the range rover sport Styling pack the one for the LR2 is "Stuck onto the rest of the body with no clips or screws and as you are aware the countries we live in are extreeeeemly hot so there is a very very good chance of them falling off, so what the dealer here has resulted in doing is adding some screws here and there and they are not so happy with this so they have asked the tech experts from LR to come and see what they can do about it.
on the other hand here in Kuwait the LR2 HSE is for 11500 Kuwait Dinars
And the HSE with the styling pack in 12500 Kuwait dinars
I got it without the styling pack because I wanted to try it out and see and then maybe get some parts because some of them looked unnessecary. but I will take some pics with the styling pack and post them tommorow when I pick up my Car SmileSmile Laughing Smile Very Happy

Post #3249 22nd May 2007 9:52 am
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I don't personally like the body kit at the front, looks a bit long in the mouth and the grill is so flimsy!!. Plus the quality of fit was very 'iffy', big gaps on the cars I've seen....so...I chose to just have the rear spoiler and put the black side pipes on with body side mouldings (door buffers) . I think it looks less 'bling' is more secure and is less likely to get ripped off. I posted my photos in my gallery if anybody wants to take a look. Thumbs Up

Post #3251 22nd May 2007 11:03 am
Valin

Saudi Arabia 

Hey ther Aliman,
We'r probably even closer than we both think Wink But why would you wanna try the kit on if they are going to drill holes ? .
My dealer was more frank and said that once its on it would be hard to detatch cleanly, he told me they mostly import it "fixed on" by order. So he offered instead to fit it on demand at any time in the future.

But i totally agree with carlfraz , i would choose the tailpipes and spoiler at most if possible, the rest would effect the selling point for me "The option of Off Roading" .

I wish you the best with your new LR2 Aliman ,
Or as we say "3ala al Barakah,Ya36eek kheerha wa yakfeek sharaha " Very Happy

Post #3276 22nd May 2007 7:13 pm
EM

Russia 

carlfraz,

nice looking staff

few questions :

what is the part no for rear spoiler, I can't find it on LR site as separate item ?
any other benefits apart from nice styling ? does it help to keep rear window clean on wet dirty roads ? any aero noise on speed ? Freelander 2 HSE i6 Tonga Green

Post #3331 23rd May 2007 5:04 pm
ColoradoLR2

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Narvik Black

Carlfraz: Were you able to purchase the rear spoiler separately from the Sport Body Kit? Greg East
Loveland, Colorado
USA
'08 LR2 Hers
'93 740i Mine
'87 944 turbo Mistress

Post #3347 24th May 2007 4:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
carlfraz

Thanks for the positive feed back, I'll tell the staff too!! Rolling with laughter

Yeh! rear spoiler can be bought as a seperate item to the body kit. Needs to be sprayed colour of the car so bear that in mind. My order form has no part numbers on just a description but the spoiler supplied, painted and fitted was £295.73 GBP Sterling. It took my dealer abouit 10 minutes to fit it so no big labour bill, so the cost is mainly for spoiler part and spray painting. I will ring them and ask for the part number, as they still have not sent me my replacement car order form so they are due a call Evil or Very Mad

Concerning keeping the rear screen cleaner than without?? I'll be honest, don't know. as the spoiler has been on since I picked the car up. The rear does get dirty so assume that there is no difference. No more or quicker than the FL1 I had.

Regarding noise, could not hear any difference between mine or the demo car which didn't have one, even at 100mph + still quiet.

Post #3359 24th May 2007 4:59 pm
ColoradoLR2

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Narvik Black

carlfraz wrote:

Yeh! rear spoiler can be bought as a separate item to the body kit.

Excellent news! If you do track down a part # I'd be most appreciative if you posted it.

Thanks,

Greg Greg East
Loveland, Colorado
USA
'08 LR2 Hers
'93 740i Mine
'87 944 turbo Mistress

Post #3360 24th May 2007 5:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
carlfraz

Hi Guys!! Went into my dealer to check they have reordered my replacement car and ......yes they have Thumbs Up , but delivery has gone back from 21st July to early August now...hmm!! Evil or Very Mad Big Cry ...anyhow, its on order thank goodness Thumbs Up . Whilst there, I asked them about the part number for the rear spoiler Question ........service were 'not available' but the sales guy (Brett) who I do have faith in, said he will e.mail me the part number . So NO news as yet but I'm on the case ...just in case you fellas thought I was ignoring you, I'm not. As soon as I have the part number I will issue it on the forum. If you need to see the rear tailgate spoiler take a look at my gallery..cost for that was £290 ish Sterling supplied painted and fitted (cant remember exact cost now but it is on one of my previuos postings the exact figure)....I'll be in touch shortly Wink

Post #3624 5th Jun 2007 9:27 pm
carlfraz

Hello Chaps/ Chapess',

Dealer rang me today with the part number for the rear tailgate spoiler ONLY...you do not need to buy the whole Bling Bling body kit, if you just want the rear spolier you can get it, I did.

Part Number is ' LR 002 464 '. You will need to get it sprayed the colour of your car it takes ten minutes for the dealer to fit and should cost you no more than £290, including VAT. If they want more than that refer them to this website and take your car to Marshalls of Bedford. If you get it cheaper I do not want to know Big Cry Just do not pay more than me guys please, cash is hard enough to earn without giving it away or being robbed. If you want to see the spoiler fitted check out my gallery, PS the wife would like a mention if you get a minute Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Have not noticed any difference in road noise after driving the demo car which did not have a spoiler and did not notice the rear windscreen getting dirtier any quicker either on a wet road...so apart from cost or the fact you just don't like it there is no reason not to have it. Personally I think it just finishes it off Thumbs Up Hope this helps Very Happy

Post #3650 6th Jun 2007 8:39 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1