« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Rain sensing wiper operation again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Joiner_8

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue
Rain sensing wiper operation again

I am still having problems with the rain sensing wipers, at last it has rained, so I can really try them out.
I am not pleased with the operation of the wipers, when i set it at the automatic rain sensing mode, the windscreen has to get to the stage that I cant see out it before the wipers will operate and even when they do work it is very erratic
After reading the manual I have also set them at the second setting which is supposed to be the first speed setting, then adjusted the selector to slow down the wiper speed making it intermittent wipe and nothing happens,
has anybody else has this problem.

ps I think a short trip to the dealers is in order.

Post #3013 11th May 2007 8:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Joiner_8,

I've not read the manual but if you set the column stalk to intermitent (which is auto setting, so I understand) and then vary this setting using the rotating switch, then the wiper speed should vary its performance. Setting the variation whilst in single speed won't do anything. Apart from the single wipe on start up of ignition (if set to auto) I have had no problems. Once on speed setting one the wipers just do standard wipes. Don't know if this helps but Hey Ho!!

Post #3016 11th May 2007 9:19 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

I don't know if it is the same with the F2, but on the RRS if you leave the wipers in autosensing mode they do some clever speed sensitive tricks like they will automatically reduce from "normal wiping" in rain to intermittant at traffic lights/stationary. At high speed they will go all the way up to warp factor wiping, but at about 70 the rear wiper will change from intermittent wiping to continuous running. I know this definately won't affect the F2 but the RRS doesn't have quite the same air suspension as D3 and FFRR's - above 65 mph the D3 and FFRR will lower themselves by 5cm for high speed stability, the RRS won't do it until you exceed 100mph! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #3020 11th May 2007 10:44 pm
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

D3 doesn't lower until 100mph either Tim D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #3024 12th May 2007 9:51 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

My FL2 SE has the autowiper,

I have since notice that the screen has been scratched by the wipers continually wiping a dry screen.

So now they are off until it rains, then i switch to auto.

Auto lights are a pain aswell, go through a tunnel and they stay on way too long, dealer say can not alter senor. Crying or Very sad

Post #4150 28th Jun 2007 10:23 pm
carlfraz

I too have noticed the lights staying on after exiting a tunnel (Blackwall and Hatfield tunnels for example) and so I have been watching BMW's and Audi's lights for comparison....they all stay on longer than the speed at which they come on (if that makes sense??) and as you all exit a tunnel they seem to extinguish about the same time as mine, give or take 1-2 seconds. My only worry with the auto lights is if the lights turn on as you approach somebody trying to turn across your path, and the fact your lights have come on, that the person facing you thinks you are flashing them to let them cross in front of you:thud: ........possiblity for and accident Question Question Who is at fault if you collide Question Question Question OK they are, as according to the highway you should not 'flash'somebody to drive infront of you, but 'flash' to make them aware of your being there.....but common day practice is to 'flash' someone to let them through. I know the lights coming on is not a 'flash'....but you guys know women drivers Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

If I 'flash' my wife she runs upsatirs for the skimpy undies Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter oops sorry wrong forum, forgot myself again Thumbs Up

Post #4152 28th Jun 2007 10:39 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I thought about that aswell, when if somebody mistake my auto lights for me flashing them to pull out,

i also think the bloke in front of me must be thinking whys that guy got his lights on when the suns shinning when the tunnel is fading into my rear view mirror.

But like my brother says, "don't worry about it my Volvos light are on all the time!!"

Thumbs Up

Post #4155 28th Jun 2007 10:53 pm
carlfraz

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #4157 28th Jun 2007 10:55 pm
elephant

During these dark rainy June days this actually happed to me. It all happened at slow speed so no real problem but the rain came, clouds went black, lights came on and and this ... lady with a birds nest on her head thought I was flashing her (no such luck there luv!) and pulled out - I had to let her go it was a RRS Mr. Green

Post #4168 29th Jun 2007 10:59 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1