Grumpa 2

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
LR sales on the increase

Just saw this article about LR sales continuing to rise which must be good news
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr..._grow.html

Post #48693 14th Oct 2009 2:17 am
Cerdo

United Arab Emirates 

Followed a truck load of LHD ones down the A14 today. Guess they were bound to the continent. Not sure if they'll be en route to Norway though, seeing the post from Andy yesterday Indus Silver
GS TD4
Private Parts

Post #48724 14th Oct 2009 9:57 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Cerdo wrote:
Followed a truck load of LHD ones down the A14 today. Guess they were bound to the continent. Not sure if they'll be en route to Norway though, seeing the post from Andy yesterday

Defiantly not Norway.

All the local dealers (4 I know off) have stopped stocking (and selling) Land Rovers and the LR website has partially stopped working and has not been updated for ages (the last time I looked). The only distributor of LR that I can find is in Oslo, but they don’t seem to have anything new to offer. Sales of new LR’s are obviously very low if anything at all.

The last info we had was that a Danish company has taken over from Volvo as distributors of LR in Norway, but so far not a sound from their activities. Although service is still undertaken by the old Volvo network, provisionally all other activity looks a grim future for our beloved investment partially when it comes to resell value.

4x4’s are VERY popular here in Norway and all the competition sell like hot-cakes despite the high taxes on these vehicles. I think LR have well and truly dipped out here and just where they could have sold thousands of vehicles every year had it not been for the lack of advertisements, ridiculous high prices, terrible earlier distribution network (Volvo) and poor reliability the motoring press who has unfortunately stamped on LR as a brand. Without any doubt at least the FL2 kicks Censored out of all its competition on the road and off the road.

Although I love my Freely more than any other vehicle I have owned, I don’t think it will be replaced in the future with another LR in the current situation in Norway Crying or Very sad 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #48750 15th Oct 2009 7:56 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

i saw 2 transporters going down the A14 on Wednesday too!! Unfortunately I was being chauffered in my gaffers RRS Embarassed Quite a few red ones on there!!! Thumbs Up Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #48896 16th Oct 2009 2:42 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1