more pics

found some good pics on www.carenthusiast.com click on the pics

Post #416 28th Jun 2006 10:26 pm
draughtsman

United Kingdom 
New Pictures

Haggi

Best set of pictures I've seen so far.

I still can't work out if the spare wheel is slung on the underside or if it's in a well inside the boot?

The sectional photos seem to indicate a well!

Geoff

Post #417 29th Jun 2006 8:25 am
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

It is inside and has a reversible floor above it, oneside carpet the other is plastic. Photos in LROI

Post #418 29th Jun 2006 12:23 pm
K1W1

Re: New Pictures

draughtsman wrote:

I still can't work out if the spare wheel is slung on the underside or if it's in a well inside the boot?

I agree, what a great set of pictures. i wonder if Land Rover are happy to have so many detailed pictures released so early.

The spare is definitely INSIDE. There are three or four pics that clearly show that.
There is an off road pic with the wheel in the air where you can clearly see the under rear and the base of the spare wheel well.
The is an image of inside the rear (with the dummy dog) that clearly shows the lift up cover for the wheel well.
The is an image for the rear low that clearly shows the position of the muffler across the back where the spare would hang if it were outside.
There are the sectional images that show the well itself.
Now here is the worst part.
The new Freelander will have A SPACE SAVER SPARE!
Look at the sectional images, there is no way a full size spare will fit in that area.

Post #419 29th Jun 2006 12:41 pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

Tons and tons of photos added to the LR Official albums on here Smile

https://www.freel2.com/gallery/index.php?cat=3

Post #422 29th Jun 2006 4:21 pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

Interesting to see the 'normal' grille:

Click image to enlarge

Looks just like the current model Confused

Post #423 29th Jun 2006 4:22 pm
HAGGI

wonder why the different grill for the diesel, it looks weak in comparison, the only thing I can think of is maybe to do with engine air intake or cooling if not it could be- as Bill Murray (MudAllOverIt) says the first after market accessory change. ( Michty me here I'm lookin out my hak saw and pliers already.)

Post #424 29th Jun 2006 7:59 pm
rodtheplod

United Kingdom 

My, my....

...How handsome my next car looks!

Mr. Green

RodC
--
www.expodition.com - for iPod users who love to travel

Post #425 29th Jun 2006 11:16 pm
HAGGI

only joking Rod..... In the autocar mag next week the pictures show it is a full size spare in the boot, an alloy wheel.

Post #427 30th Jun 2006 7:38 pm
harveyg77

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

I am going to be controvertial and say I don't like the new Freelander. The rear end, rear quarters, side, in fact everything up to the A pillar looks nice, but I just don't think the front end goes with the rest of the car.

I know a lot of you like it and will probably hear no bad said, so apologies in advance, but it looks like two consortiums have designed it and then thrown their two halves together.

Maybe a RRS type front would have looked better, but the Freelander1 front looks wrong in my mind.

I have been reading a few reports which are already criticising performance. They are not fond of a 3.2 322PS engine doing 0-60 in 8.9s, big factors here are apparently that its 0-60 LR have quoted, whereas the normal benchmark is 0-62mph (0-100km/h). They were also critical of the 25mpg economy.

Don't know how true these criticisms are and whether they make much difference, but it reminds me of the RRS and Disco3 launch, LR raved about their new engine (TdV6), but they're not that quick, maybe smooth and powerful for their cc, but compared t the Merc 320CDi, BMW X5 3.0d, Touareg 3.0V6 TDi, etc. they were behind on pace. Again I accept that die hards will say the above are all crap and not worthy contendors, but they are the exact vehicles LR pitch against. I was hoping that LR would use the opportunity of producing a new vehicle to really kick some ass!

Could LR not have dropped the 2.5 5cyl turbo in? If it can hit 0-02 in 6.x secs in a Focus (which the Freelander is based on) I don;t think it would be far off 7-8secs in the Freelander. How about the 18Xps 2.4 5cyl diesel? That would surely allow LR to p1s5 all over the X3, Rav-4 D4D 180, etc. Instead LR had the chance to go top of the league, but in true LR fashion fall short by only doing 95% of the job.

I for one would love to see LR become top dog and really beat the competition into oblivion by merit, whereas off-road they have the merit, but on-road they seem to rely more on pedigree and kudos.

Awaiting the hosue being burnt down now Wink

Cheers H

Post #428 1st Jul 2006 10:04 am
K1W1

harveyg77 wrote:
I am going to be controvertial and say I don't like the new Freelander. The rear end, rear quarters, side, in fact everything up to the A pillar looks nice, but I just don't think the front end goes with the rest of the car.

See this is where people differ. Despite 6 years of Freelander ownership I actually don't like the current model from the C pillar back. Until I see a model in the flesh I much prefer the images of the new on to the current version - except the inside spare wheel of course.
As far as performance is concerned I'd take anything I read at this stage with a grain of salt but are Land Rover building off road vehicles or boy racer rockets?
I wouldn't notice one or two seconds difference in 0-60 because I very rarely need to accelerate like that and if I was the sort who thought that way I'd own a Mitsubishi Evo, or a WRX, or a M6 or a Porsche or any number of vehicles that will do that but none of which can tow what I tow, go where I go or provide the verstility that my Freelander affords me.
There will be no house burnings from here just differing opinions.

Post #429 1st Jul 2006 2:02 pm
harveyg77

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Or I could even say house, NOT hosue Wink

I suppose its like all things, it needs to be seen in the flesh. I did like the look of the old one but was not sure of the rear lights on the 04MY face lift, I didn't get the sticking out thing at all. I do agree with you on the looks from the C back. In fact I think the 3dr looked larger and more attractive than the 3dr.

Engine wise the Td4 always frustrated me when Jap 4x4 would roar off and leave me behind. It doesn't have to be as quick as an Evo, but atleast able to stay pace with the opposition would be nice. I guess it will do this with some.

Anyway, I won't be changing cars for a longtime now, so I can look as that costs you nothing Wink

Cheers H

Post #431 1st Jul 2006 8:44 pm
simon

United Kingdom 

harveyg77 wrote:
Or I could even say house, NOT hosue Wink

I suppose its like all things, it needs to be seen in the flesh...

Engine wise the Td4 always frustrated me when Jap 4x4 would roar off and leave me behind. It doesn't have to be as quick as an Evo, but atleast able to stay pace with the opposition would be nice...

Seen in the metal and sat in it does look and feel the part !

As for performance, why worry if you get outpaced at the lights ? To be honest its all rather irrelevant, unless you floor it at exactly the same time and your quick on the gears, a vehicle thats even slightly less powerful will always beat you up to whatever the surrounding traffic speed is. Get them mid range and your torque will beat em each time.

Or buy a car Wink

Some say the D3 is slow... its not. Actually its damn nippy and chuckable if you have confidence in the handling. Will leave most other SUV's flagging in the real world and away from straight line performance... even an X5 !

The design spec for performance is biased towards low end torque, not high performance. LR do the right thing - but that my opinion.

You either buy an X3 or Jap machine that won't cut it on all terrains or you buy a Land Rover that will.

cheers

Post #434 1st Jul 2006 10:44 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1