« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Starting issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
TASH

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Narvik Black
Starting issue

Even though I was told by the dealer to wait a few seconds after inserting the key fob, have had a message "transmission fault" 3 times over the weekend. Remove the key and go through the sequence leaving a few more seconds before pressing start and all is OK.

Is there a fix for this.

Is there also a fix out now for the rear park sensor volume, dealer says they are awaiting the disk from LR to resolve. After interogating the software they say it can be adjusted but only via LR.

Last edited by TASH on 8th May 2007 7:01 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #2907 7th May 2007 9:42 pm
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Could be a low battery, this normally throws several errors, get your dealer to take a look D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #2908 7th May 2007 10:02 pm
TASH

Going in again next tuesday.

Low battery?? FL is only 3 months old, and does reasonable length journey's

Post #2914 8th May 2007 7:03 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

TASH, read my threads. Dealer told me it was me being too quick hitting the start button after inserting the fob, or not depressing the clutch fully was another one he suggested. Stupid I ain't!!! (no comments anybody!!!) I knew it was not me and have been trying speedy starts with no problems, tried not fully depressing the clutch too but the car then simply does not start just as the instruction book says it won't. The 'tranmission fault' has never come on once whilst doing these mixture of starting processes. The car had behaved for a about a week and last FRiday did it three times on one day all with 'reasonable' delays between fob and button so it is my opinion that it is a glitch with the system NOT OPERATOR ERROR!!! as we are led to be believed. Sorry pelyma but it sure ain't low battery either. Due to this and other problems I have had the car is being replaced by Landrover in July so I sure hope Landrover get it sorted in thenext few weeks. My car is a HSE with £4K of further options so not cheap and I expect it to work propoerly first time, not hit and miss. Otherwise the cars are brilliant, just wish LR would sort out hese annoying electrical gremlins.

Post #2932 9th May 2007 4:58 pm
Cidor

Russia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Tambora Flame

carlfraz, good Land Rover it is obliged to have glitches in electronics! Very Happy

Post #2937 9th May 2007 6:52 pm
carlfraz

Your probably right Cidor, your probably right Wink

Post #2973 10th May 2007 9:43 pm
TASH

Well been in today and had a patch installed to rectify the transmission fault code which effects starting, still no solution for the park sensor volume though.

Got up this morning though and some one yesterday had very kindly keyed the rear passenger side wing, deep scratch about 5" long, absolutely gutted!! Big Cry Evil or Very Mad Censored Minor marring down the side but this has come out with scratch X, no such luck with the wing though. Chipsaway coming next Tuesday to repair, had them a few years ago and was very pleased.

Post #3088 15th May 2007 6:50 pm
gibbergump

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Ohhhhhhh. That is brutal...sorry to hear it. If there was any offense to bring back the death penalty...this is it.....

Post #3091 15th May 2007 8:48 pm
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Carlfraz, the D3 and RRS are prone to throwing errors of this nature at start up with very small drops in the battery, I'm not sure if Fl2 has the same type of battery as the others but apparently once there has been a drop on the battery a bench charge is the only way to get full voltage back (and you need a special type of charger to do so) I think it is a lead/calcium one, a search on the D3 site will have lots about it, 10forcash has a lot of expertise in this area (but don't tell him I said so, coz it'll go to his head Wink Wink ) D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #3094 16th May 2007 8:33 am
carlfraz

Cheers Pelyma,

I'll take this up, but what infuriates me is if this is a known problem why, Oh, why, dont LR sort it. Landrover's own response is to replace my car!!!! If it is all down to voltage drops surely to God it is cheaper to sort the problem not replace cars?????

I'm over the moon with the car, but this 'buy back' of the old one has given the opportunity to trade across to the auto box instead of the manual I currently have. So i am really chuffed I have been fortunate to that end.

Post #3095 16th May 2007 11:08 am
carvalho

Portugal 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Hi guys,

Finally I received my FL2 TD4 HSE last tuesday.

Untill now, I don't have any electrical problems ou startup issues and it have 1200Kms.
But I noticed that the startup procedure is different from the car I had tested in Januray.
Now, even if I press the start button to quickly, the checkup procedure starts and so then, engine starts.
No matter the rush I press the start button, the engine don't start after, but only after the checkup procedure. There is a time lag between press the start and engine start.

In January, the car that I tested didn't had this feature. As soon I press the start, the engine starts imediatly.

Could be the new version of software?

(sorry my english)
regards.

Post #3097 16th May 2007 11:41 am
Cidor

Russia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Tambora Flame

I already about it wrote. In Russia know: cars LR have glitches in electronics. It is feature LR. If we love LR it is necessary to get used to it.

Post #3098 16th May 2007 12:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1