« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Charles Hurst Park Royal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 
Charles Hurst Park Royal

I would just like to post a great big thank you to both James and Spencer from Charles Hurst Park Royal for the help and advice on the purchase of my new car.

To say i live in Leeds, and they are a good 190miles away the service I received was top notch Thumbs Up

From the day I saw the car, (when James posted a picture a picture of it) he had a email from me enquiring on when it was available within 10 minutes of me seeing it. James answered it later that day giving me all the details.

The deal was done very easily of the phone, the cars conditions where gone through on the phone, and emails confirming this where received.

A deposit was paid a few days later, securing the deal, with trade in value set for the swap over, which was the same as a local dealer had given me, so i knew what was been offered was good even though the swap wasn't happening straight away.

James kept me up to date with the cars usage and mileage and a simple CHAPS payment was sent for the balance a couple of days prior to the big day.

When I arrived at CHPR the car was all prepared and sat there in a coned off area just as i entered the car park, which put a huge grin Very Happy on my face.

The dealership it self is very clean and to be honest a little posher than other dealerships I have been in Thumbs Up but i was offered a seat and a cup of tea, thats proper tea in a proper cup and saucer, none of that machine dispensed stuff in cardboard cups Cool

Since it was James' day off, I was introduced to Spencer in person who handle all the paperwork, and the handover and was professional at all times, even under a difficult situation where another of his customers had come in expectantly wanting to test drive a RRS with him.

Whilst there it was also nice of the other staff who deal with forum members to pop over introduce themselves to put a face to a name.

So, we finished the handover, with Spencer showing me a few things that have changed and the car, or are different with it been a HSE this time round.

A quick program of the satnav and i was on my way after a couple of hours or so at the dealership for a nice drive home in the new motor. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #47019 31st Aug 2009 6:36 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

did they put a plastic cover on the seat before allowing you to sit and drink your tea? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #47020 31st Aug 2009 6:56 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Confused

No put a drank it with my little finger pointing out like the posh people do Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #47021 31st Aug 2009 7:07 pm
Dougden

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Ahhh how civilised, little pinky at a 90" angle, the southern way.

Nice looking F2 by the way - Never really fancied white, but I have to say that I am being temped away from the dark side Twisted Evil FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #47030 31st Aug 2009 9:49 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Lucky you.

I emailed my local dealer over two weeks ago, still waiting for a reply!

Only a simple question but........ Evil or Very Mad

Post #47032 1st Sep 2009 3:14 am
Lookers Park Royal

NPinks,

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed the 'CHPR' surroundings. I'm sure we'll meet at an even soon, and it would be nice to see the car again.

Hope you had a good weekend and that it towed nicely? Any pics would be grately received (possibly not by CG Whistle ) of the cavalcade.

James Thumbs Up

Post #47035 1st Sep 2009 10:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Any pics would be grately received (possibly not by CG ) of the cavalcade.

Laughing - nice to be popular Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #47036 1st Sep 2009 10:15 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

James

No problems at all towing, pulled away easy on the hill i live on with the caravan half full for the weekend.

I have to admit it was a doddle in the traffic jam on the A1, creeping forward in traffic was so easy, just got to get used to the left leg been of no use as it keeps wanting to put the clutch down when approaching roundabouts and junctions Laughing

Not any really good photos as i forgot the camera, so a couple of iPhone photos to go on with for the time been.

and yes that is my son on the floor infront of the caravan, been a true proffessional I got the picture before picking him up

Elliot would like to thank you for the DVD screen too, he likes them lots and lots and lots Cool Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #47040 1st Sep 2009 11:50 am
Lookers Park Royal

Poor Elliott! Glad he likes the new car too. Looks good in the pics, and not a bad colour match either!

Aux will be on it's way, next couple of days Wink

James Thumbs Up

Post #47043 1st Sep 2009 12:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

I just wish he wouldn't shout when he has the earphones on Shocked

The FL2 is a little off white compared to the caravan, but I had a few people have a good look whilst driving past and a couple of people say it was a nice colour to have and suited the car whilst at the caravan site too Cool Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #47045 1st Sep 2009 12:16 pm
chicken george

Oh my eyes! I'm blinded Evil or Very Mad Isnt there another forum for that kind of filth? At work
At home

Post #47048 1st Sep 2009 12:41 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

I might got this wrong.
Basically I have been offered a position in Brighton and my question is would a delear accepet my left hand drive car( wrong drive way sorry) as an advance for a buy?
Sorry to havee been abscent so much but I had a lot going on. Please help.
My 4 year old son is adamant " he won''t get in anything lerss of a Land Rover and therefore I have
a probleme I am trying to negotiate a 2008 SH but am on the loosing side.
Sorry to have missed the forum for so much time but there was a genuine reason for this.
Thanks for any opinions.

Just had a look on the Jag forum (as ancheaper option)as I had a thought to buy a cheaper SH and was appeaaled by the problems reported. It's just say 10 times more. They don't seem to acctually sort something out. (X type, S type lookcked better but obviuuly was taken out of production)
Anyway thanks for your help.
Please be assured that I do not intend to sell my car through this Foum because alll I want to know is that If I shoud contact a dealer or not.
Sorry if postedn in the wrong secction.
Acctually GLAD TO BED BACK FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #69464 28th May 2010 6:13 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

I might got this wrong.
Basically I have been offered a position in Brighton and my question is would a delear accepet my left hand drive car( wrong drive way sorry) as an advance for a buy?
Sorry to havee been abscent so much but I had a lot going on. Please help.
My 4 year old son is adamant " he won''t get in anything lerss of a Land Rover and therefore I have
a probleme I am trying to negotiate a 2008 SH but am on the loosing side.
Sorry to have missed the forum for so much time but there was a genuine reason for this.
Thanks for any opinions.

Just had a look on the Jag forum (as ancheaper option)as I had a thought to buy a cheaper SH and was appeaaled by the problems reported. It's just say 10 times more. They don't seem to acctually sort something out. (X type, S type lookcked better but obviuuly was taken out of production)
Anyway thanks for your help.
Please be assured that I do not intend to sell my car through this Foum because alll I want to know is that If I shoud contact a dealer or not.
Sorry if postedn in the wrong secction.
Acctually GLAD TO BED BACK FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #69465 28th May 2010 6:13 pm
chicken george

Welcome back Matei Thumbs Up At work
At home

Post #69468 28th May 2010 7:19 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1