Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > How many times have you guys back for Warranty?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
bbcw1980

Australia 
How many times have you guys back for Warranty?

Hi Just wondering how many times have you guys back for warranty issues?

Here is my experience.

MY08 Model FR2 TD4 SE, Ownership 1 year and counting......

1. Cooling Fan not working, causing engine to over heat.
2. Water leak into rear light. Rear light unit replaced.
3. Pump steering faults, Pump and Reservor replaced.
4. Electric Seat switch faulty. New swtich replaced.
5. Very loud noise at 2000 rpm, sounds like turbo have a broken fin. (Waiting for answers from dealer).
6. Pump steering faults again, replacing pump and steering rack. (I lost power steering half way through a tight corner, almost wet my pants.)

Is this a normal Land Rover experience? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post #46851 25th Aug 2009 5:05 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Don't worry about it your still about 15 visits behind me Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #46853 25th Aug 2009 7:03 am
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

I only went back once, but will have to go agian.

That one time was close to delivery as I noticed a scratch on one of the interior parts, which was not normal.

Now I have to go back becouse:

1. one of the door rubbers is ripping.
2. the front passenger seat seems to move a little bit, maybe 1 mm, but you still feel a little 'click' once and a while.

Oh and yes, i went back a second time to check out tremmors at 140 kms/hr, but they assured me that's normal. In the mean time I found out that 140kms/hr is the resonance speed of the car. You start noticing it at 130, at 140 it's the most noticable but at 160 it's all gone again.

I do find the car fantastic, I love it immensely.
To me the only 2 downsides on it is the resonance at 140 as I'm in the habbit to drive at that speed often. It's not that that big a problem as you do need to focus somewhat to feel it.
The second one is thumping noice when driving with a back window open, but yesterday I was driving with a friend in his VW Passat, and he too has that problem. Then agian, when you open the roof window or a front window it goes away. I only open it to get the starting heat out quickly on a hot day as I close everything up for the airco anyway. So also that is not that big an issue to me.

I'm not sure but maybe some gear (roofrack or something) may change the resonace speed, dough I think it's more engine related.
The second problem may be resolved by front window wind deflectors which I will try when I have tha time to focus on getting them.

A third thing I used to be disappointed by was the stereo features. Tough the sound in the car is very good, I find the cost of the satnav/bleutooth/radio-CD too high for what it offers. Thank god for 3th party systems, especially as I got the news Kenwood has made a steering wheel control + parking sensor addaptor. So I'll be installing a descent system very soon as Kenwood has not released the adapter yet. So to me that issue is resolved too.

Appart from that I have nothing but praise for the car.

Post #46856 25th Aug 2009 8:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

you are behind me too!! I now have my own parking spot at my dealer!! Big Cry

Post #46862 25th Aug 2009 10:54 am
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

Maybe the pre 2009 models had more issues that have been resolved on the 2009+ models... ???

Post #46863 25th Aug 2009 11:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bbcw1980

Australia 

wow, sounds like I am still the lucky one. I wonder what else can possibly go wrong with this car?
I also find out that it lose wheel alignment very easily. Does it have something to do with fault in power steering?
Bow down

Post #46887 26th Aug 2009 12:14 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

zone30 wrote:
Maybe the pre 2009 models had more issues that have been resolved on the 2009+ models... ???

Nothing wrong with pre 2009 models Thumbs Up Mine is a 2007 and until the other week absolutely no issues at all Very Happy .

The only minor thing that I had to get checked was a DPF FULL - VISIT DEALER warning. Phoned at once and they took it in and fixed it in just over an hour – excellent service Thumbs Up . This surprised me as the car is mostly used for long journeys and I didn’t think that I would ever see the DPF FULL message and which in fact you can fix yourself (but not the VISIT DEALER bit). 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #46889 26th Aug 2009 7:43 am
jbvox

Belgium 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Zermatt Silver

something I had and I didn't see disscussed on the forum is a minor oilspill at the underside of the engine. the dealer checked all out and it was a seal between engine and gearbox (?) they fixed it and in good LR tradition a month later the oil was back (on the ground of my garage). Went back to dealer and after a 2day stay they fixed it (better, they say). the second time was two weeks ago, so I can't say if it's solved for good. Because of the plate under the engine, oilspills are not directly visible...
Today I celebrate the 1 year ownership of my FL2 and so far I :
did 44.000km (and loved almost every meter of it), changed the steering wheel(got all sticky), cured the oil leaking, still waiting what about the recall for the PTC heather (I think LR belgium still has to translate it...), smashed a wheel on a sidecurb (not a warranty issue Embarassed ).
Looking at it like this, it's lots less problems than I had with the FL1 I had before... Fl2 zermattsilver TD4 S man

Post #46892 26th Aug 2009 8:24 am
stormsky

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Just one trip early doors, now on 18,000 miles and cars been absolutely perfect. 58 plate 09 MY. 58 HSE, auto, lago grey, tints. Mine and my dogs Storm and Sky
TT Quattro, black. Ers.
AC Cobra rep in build. Ars.

Post #46894 26th Aug 2009 9:15 am
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

only once, Razz Very Happy rear light cluster replaced due to condensation build up.march 08 and done 14k in her,and still loving it Razz Thumbs Up she went in for a second time but that was for the 1`st service in april 09.

Post #46897 26th Aug 2009 2:59 pm
Chris H

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Twice so far, and going again soon

1st trip was via Land Rover Assist and resulted in a new steering angle sensor and rear diff
2nd trip was for some interior trim, squeeking clutch and a problem with the MP3 line in socket.
3rd trip, when I can be bothered, will be for a problem with the alarm when I open the boot

It's a 58 09MY with 7000miles on the clock

Post #46898 26th Aug 2009 3:15 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
none

None, apart from two recalls (sunroof & aux heater); O7 TD4 SE Auto 24k mls. The car is brilliant! Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #46965 28th Aug 2009 12:50 am
greengiant

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Never been back with mine and I have had it nearly two months now Shocked 09 FL2 HSE auto Lago Grey
71 Triumph Stag 3L
68 NGTCV8 3.5L

Post #46972 28th Aug 2009 9:21 am
ctl11

United States 

Besides the seat sliding forward I haven't had any problems and I've had it for about 9 months.

Post #46979 28th Aug 2009 7:21 pm
Chris P

Cyprus 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I have mine for two years now (GS spec) and didn't have any real problem until now.
However, during the second service, the dealer told me that they have replaced the EGR Valve as I told them that I could see an amount of black smoke on my rear view mirror (at nigh, with the help of the lights of a following car) when accelerating hard.
Another problem I have noticed was the driver’s seat going down but this does not bother me at all as the lowest position of the seat suits me.

ZONE 30,

The thumping noise you have when driving with only one window open I think you can find it in all cars. You can eliminate that by opening both rear windows at the same time.

p.s. One of the bigest problems that all Land Rover owners arownd the world have, is that they don't trust their dealers! There must be a reason for that.

Post #46991 30th Aug 2009 10:56 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>