« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Speccing a Fuel Burning heater
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 
Speccing a Fuel Burning heater

I'm having my RRS serviced on Wednesday and as it will be in the workshop for 2 days to try to locate and cure a leak through the upper section of the tailgate I have been offered a 2 day test drive of the dealers F2 TD4 Automatic. While the RRS is in the shop I thought I would also ask the guys in sales to quote me for a TD4 Auto HSE with a few extras but I have come up against a problem with the Fuel Burning heater and pricing it off the LR website and accessories catalogue. In my experience of recent Land Rovers/Range Rovers the diesel engines are so heat efficient that they take forever to warm up - my RRS takes longer to warm up than my 1996 Defender - the Def is fully warmed up within 3-4 miles of starting out, the RRS takes at least 10 miles, so it has an FBH as standard in the UK market!! So I want to spec the Fuel Burning heater............................ but cannot decide if it is available or not. Anybody have one yet?

Here is my spec:
TD4 HSE Auto with Tambora Flame (now available on orders placed up to August apparently) or Tonga with Tundra or Alpacca interior or Rimini with Alpacca. Adaptive BiXenons, Privacy Glass, Full size spare, QR tow bar and single electrics, FBH, Rear seat entertainment...............

I can live without the RSE as I don't often have rear seat passengers but think it might enhance 2nd hand value at trade in time, are there any other bits that you think are desireable options to have? How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #2778 30th Apr 2007 10:50 pm
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Why only single electrics? For the extra few £s have the double, but not the 13 pin type. I have to say though Tim most extras don't add to the value they just make it a little easier to sell. D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #2782 1st May 2007 6:43 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

The RRS has dual electrics & I have never used the one with the white cover , I only tow a little Ivor Williams trailer loaded with windsurfing kit and have never owned a caravan. However it may be better to spec the dual electrics and save £1200 by not having the RSE. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover

Post #2783 1st May 2007 9:05 am
BOOWHO

United Kingdom 

Tim I had aTD4 with a fuel burning heater and the only way I thought it was made effective was when I added a timer switch which was about £280( webasto kit good bit cheaper than LR0) if I remember correctly fitting was straight forward, the timer allowed you to set it say the previous evening so your car was warm in the morning, you could also use it ifyou spent long periods of time sittting in the car you did not need your engine running. Does the LR2 not have some auxiliary electric heater to aid heating initially I'm quite sure I read that somewhere? Sorry cant help more but to sum up I found the FBH "unnoticable" without the timer which made it a great facility.

Post #2785 1st May 2007 9:51 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

BooWho, in the best LR website/ brochure tradition it is difficult to tell whether one is standard or not in the UK market. The RRS/D3 and FFRR TD's all come with one as standard but the timer is optional on FFRR and D3 but not even an option on the RRS which has the same system as the D3! I would be interested to know from UK TD4 F2 owners know if they have an FBH as standard or if they had to pay for one. They are useful on the odd cold morning we have here as it considerably speeds up the time taken to get warm air out of the vents. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?

Post #2787 1st May 2007 10:00 am
BOOWHO

United Kingdom 

There is a site www.drivethedeal.com that lists the FBH at £400.01 and most of their prices correspond with LR . Know what you mean about LR info leaves a lot to be desired Tim.[/url]

Post #2792 1st May 2007 4:27 pm
elephant

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

see "Help! Fuel Burning Aux Heater Option" in the technical forum. There is an electric aux heater built in as standard. The FBH is for cooler climates I presume. I don't think there is a option for remote operation so do not see the value of these heaters in the UK.

Post #2806 1st May 2007 8:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1