Home > Technical > Freelander GS car alarm
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Hadjista

Cyprus 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Freelander GS car alarm

Hi everyone,

Yesterday i went to get my car from the parking and there were 2 people trying to insert a piece of iron in the door (from the rubbers under the window) so as to unlock the car, i chased them but they manage to escape me.

I was wondering though why the alarm didn't go on. Do you know what type of alarm do we have on our car? and under what circumstances is it triggered? Freelander 2 GS TD4, Stornoway Grey, Manual, called BEAST!!!

Post #45570 22nd Jul 2009 7:07 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

The set of Censored Evil or Very Mad

If the car was deadlock then I don't think it would have worked getting in with a iron bar they would have still had to get past the imoboliser to drive off too, which in this day and age is why they would normally opt for stealing the keys first

if they had opened the door/smashed the window the internal sensors will have sounded the alarm

which to be honest won't break any anti social laws as it is very quiet Shocked Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #45579 22nd Jul 2009 8:36 am
Hadjista

Thanks for the reply npiks.
Cyprus is a small country so they don't usually steal the actual car but precious things you have inside the glove box, radios and whatever they find. So you are saying that the FL2 has an internal sensor but if I seat in the car and lock the car and jump up and down no alarm is triggered Freelander 2 GS TD4, Stornoway Grey, Manual, called BEAST!!!

Post #45581 22nd Jul 2009 9:08 am
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Hadjista wrote:
Thanks for the reply npiks.
Cyprus is a small country so they don't usually steal the actual car but precious things you have inside the glove box, radios and whatever they find. So you are saying that the FL2 has an internal sensor but if I seat in the car and lock the car and jump up and down no alarm is triggered

Try leaving the window open, locking and then reach inside 

Post #45586 22nd Jul 2009 9:22 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I have done the sit down and jump test before, you have to sit very still for a little while whilst the system arms its self.

If you have nothing in the car, you could always leave the glove box open showing its empty Idea Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #45588 22nd Jul 2009 9:40 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:

which to be honest won't break any anti social laws as it is very quiet Shocked

mine is 0db Rolling with laughter Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #45614 22nd Jul 2009 6:17 pm
ad210358

England 

Isn't the alarm also triggered by air pressure, i.e. the brick going through the window will change the air pressure also leaving the sunroof open with a breeze about can set it off or a window partly open. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #45620 22nd Jul 2009 7:39 pm
Hadjista

Yesterday in the afternoon i locked the car with the driver's window open and after 10 minutes i entered the car from the window, sit on the driver's place and the alarm didn't go on, then i moved at the back seats and again nothing happened. After this i moved to the driver's seat again and i switched on the radio and the alarm was triggered. If i was a thief i would steal everything from the car and the alarm would not be triggered.
Today in the morning i took the car to the dealer to check some problems it has lately so i will test more the alarm system when i get the car back from the dealer and let you know of my results Smile Freelander 2 GS TD4, Stornoway Grey, Manual, called BEAST!!!

Post #45632 23rd Jul 2009 6:49 am
alex_pescaru

Only cars sold in a very few countries (UK, USA maybe) have interior monitoring system.
Sad, but true...
In my country too they say there is interior monitoring, but there is no system.
If your car has the emiters/receivers (shown in the picture below) then the system is installed. If not, there is no system for interior monitoring. Just a simple alarm who monitors the doors, hood and any supplementary (and illegaly) current draw for battery. Just as in the previous example where the radio was turned on when it not supposed to be.

Last edited by alex_pescaru on 25th Dec 2010 8:54 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #45639 23rd Jul 2009 9:44 am
jbvox

Belgium 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Zermatt Silver

Don`t you have to push the fob 2 times to put the interior sensor on? I know that the deadlock is only put on when pushing 2 times, and that they say in the manual that if you leave a window open, or something alive inside not to deadlock the doors. (I know this is because in emergency you can not get out).
I tried it with a window open, pushed 2 times and then putting a hand inside, the mayhem begins (lichts and sound) so mine works... Thumbs Up Fl2 zermattsilver TD4 S man

Post #45640 23rd Jul 2009 9:56 am
alex_pescaru

Do you have that sensor on the ceiling of the car as in the picture above? If yes, you are a lucky one - you have interior monitoring system.
If you don't have it (the sensor), then no matter how many times press the fob when locking - no alarm will be triggered when entering the car through window or put the hand inside or break any of the windows...

Post #45641 23rd Jul 2009 9:59 am
jbvox

Belgium 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Zermatt Silver

I've the sensors on the ceiling, just not the two windows like on the pictures Big Cry Fl2 zermattsilver TD4 S man

Post #45642 23rd Jul 2009 10:23 am
Hadjista

in the position that you are showing the sensor in the pictures i have the light lamp for the back seats but i haven't checked to see if there is a sensor there as well...as soon as i get the car back from the dealer i will check and let you know Freelander 2 GS TD4, Stornoway Grey, Manual, called BEAST!!!

Post #45652 23rd Jul 2009 11:38 am
Rowy

On other cars I have owned you have disarm the interior sensors (Usually a button on the dash) when leaving the dog on board, but on the FL2 I just get out and single or double click it-some times with the window open and the alarm has never gone off???

Post #45761 25th Jul 2009 1:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1