« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Land Rover Experience day
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver
Land Rover Experience day

Went on the LR Experience half day at Eastnor Castle in the week and it was b Censored fantastic. The instructor (Ken) put the vehicle through it's paces both on-road and off. I was very impressed with what the vehicle could do in absolutely bog standard guise (apart from a belly plate). All the clever gizmos forward of the gear lever - you know the turney round thingy and the pushey pushey buttony things - were brought into play and really were effective.
Though I hope never to put my own vehicle through the same treatment it is nice to know that I would have to try really hard to get stuck!
Thought you might like the new pictures in the gallery. There's one for CG. Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #45395 19th Jul 2009 6:55 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Glad you enjoyed it Thumbs Up

Play your cards right and you might get to go on further LRE days. Land Rover admin aren't the best and they'll keep offering you more. I've been on three and was just recently offered a fourth!

Nice pictures, funny though didn't see what CG would be interested in Whistle Whistle Whistle Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #45397 19th Jul 2009 8:45 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

the picture of AndyC Question looks just like that chap on the lambretta Very Happy

At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #45400 19th Jul 2009 9:31 am
upnaway

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue

Eastnor Castle, lovely part of the world nestling on the flanks of the Malvern, Mrs U and I will be there on the 9th of Aug, evading the footpath closures and the security so that we can sit up by the monument listening to the Big Chill. still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #45414 19th Jul 2009 3:17 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:
the picture of AndyC Question looks just like that chap on the lambretta Very Happy

He is too short, too bald and the wrong colour to be me Yawn 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #45427 19th Jul 2009 9:20 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

No complaint made about the moobs.....

Post #45440 20th Jul 2009 12:08 am
Chris H

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

A bit more off topic, upnaway, try cycling up to the monument from the lakes where the big chill is held, lots of fun (not!!)

Post #45444 20th Jul 2009 11:58 am
beauchoc

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

Brilliant - Im going to Skipton on Friday... With the lesser half - should teach him for all that Freelander Bashing!! 'Freddie' FL2 2007 GS, Sumatra Black, Manual
Stable Mate - Alan - 1963 Series 2 SWB V8.

RIP Hugh our 90 - much loved and missed.

Post #45526 21st Jul 2009 2:29 pm
mburton2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

Im off to Eastnor castle again later in the month....to do the Advance training... Thumbs Up Looking forward to it. Mr. Green '57 FL2 GS
Sumatra Blk, Tints, Winterpack, Dodgylooking TowBar, roof rails, Front & Rear LED Indicators, Clear Side repeaters(Led), LED Rear Position/Brake lights, Additional Power-point in the boot & Brighter luggage Illumination fitted

Post #45682 23rd Jul 2009 8:10 pm
upnaway

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue

Chris H wrote:
A bit more off topic, upnaway, try cycling up to the monument from the lakes where the big chill is held, lots of fun (not!!)
Got told off seriously by one of the old dears of a conservator for riding my bike from the top the beacon in the dark a few years back. One of the best b******ings I ve had and she wasnt a day under 80. still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #45731 24th Jul 2009 7:37 pm
Chris H

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I've done it the past two years as it's part of the 24hr Mountain Mayhem course. I'll probably do it again next year as well.

Post #45828 27th Jul 2009 1:05 pm
lem_jpm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

Given a choice, which is the best location out of Eastnor, Chilterns or West Country?
Have just picked up my complimentary voucher for having my FL2 valued by Stratstones Cheltenham and not sure which location to opt for?
As a first aside - I was very pleasantly surprised by the valuation they gave me - £14k for a July '07 auto XS with 50k on the clock!
Second aside - the FL2 was actually in there today because I needed them to remove the latest no-cost option I found on the car last week - a free swimming pool in the drivers footwell!
To be fair they had the car for less than 3 hours before phoning me to say it was all sorted and it was a drainage pipe from the roof gutters that had become dislodged........and I thought it was going to be the water through the steering linkage problem!

Post #46619 17th Aug 2009 7:52 pm
james.tetley

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Baltic Blue

Just been to the West Country one, and thought the course was amazing - 35 acres of hillside to tear up (with regard, obviously, for LR's green credentials....)

Cant speak for the others though - imagine they'll all be fairly similar set ups?

The day I went, they had the new Disco 4, and new Vogue - very nice looking.

Post #46742 21st Aug 2009 8:50 am
smo

England 

Not fair, ive purchased several vehicles from LR dealers now and not once have i been offered anything, diddly bloody squat!

I have however been on an experience 1/2 day and whilst it was ok, having driven off road before it wasnt anything special and certainly isnt like the comps i do! I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

TD5 D-Lander hopefully finished soon!
FL2....this year with any luck!

Post #46922 26th Aug 2009 9:17 pm
lem_jpm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

Just spent the afternoon at the Chiltern Centre and had a ball.
Mrs M came with me, absolutely adamant that she would only sit in the back for the experiance and would under no circumstances be doing the actual driving.....guess what - with a little pursuation, she did it all and loved it!
Silly, but can't believe what these Freelanders are capable of...will certainly be looking for a bit of off-roading now!
Best bit was going on their 'obstacle course' - we both made it through 7 of the 8 'gates', with both of us just clipping one of the poles on the other gate, whereas the RRS doing the same course failed to negotiate that gate and therefore also failed to get to gate no.8.

If you get a chance to go on one of these days, garb it with open arms - you'll love it!

Post #48369 7th Oct 2009 7:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>