Home > General > DSC Intermittent
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Richijones

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Barolo Black
DSC Intermittent

Hi,

The other day the DSC warning light started flashing while on the motorway (about 60mph) this was accomanied with a message saying special traction functions unavailable. No other warnings.
Next morning fault had cleared, drove about 2 miles no errors. Next journy warning light came on after about 3 miles.
When the light is not flashing everything works as it should.
Battery is less than 12 months old and it has the extra earth strap. So could it be something as simple as a sensor just intermittantly dropping out of spec?
Has anyone else had this?
Guess i need a code reader can anyone recommend one that does'nt cost the earth?

Post #440379 25th Mar 2024 1:55 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

More info would help - mileage and service history.

Could be a haldex issue.
When was the haldex unit last serviced (filter and oil change + pump screen filter cleaned). Is the haldex electrical connection OK ? Jules

Post #440381 25th Mar 2024 2:20 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

I initially had a cheap supermarket OBD2 Vehicle Code Reader, but the codes were a bit generic and vague.

I now have an Autel MaxiAP AP200 and working with a smartphone allows quite detailed analysis.

https://www.autel.com/mk1/3262.jhtml

When I had similar Traction Control issues several years ago, they came and went for 2 - 3 weeks but then disappeared before I could get them checked by garage. No re-occurrence of the fault has been seen, and my car is serviced in accordance with LR instructions by LR Dealer. (that is the transmission is ignored) FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #440383 25th Mar 2024 3:10 pm
Richijones

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Barolo Black

Car has done 166,000 miles Haldex was last serviced 2 years 25,000 miles ago.

Post #440400 26th Mar 2024 12:43 pm
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

It needs a diagnostic read to determine what is causing the issue. DSC will shut down if several items fail. It'll normally be Haldex or brake related, but a diagnostic is the only way to tell for sure. 2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. Soon to be sold.
Hyundai Ionic 5 Ultimate on order.
Gone. 2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE.

Post #440401 26th Mar 2024 1:00 pm
Dartman the one

England 

I had the same thing, light flashing and transmission failure flashed up then went out along with the DSC, slowed down, heard nothing, continued to drive smoothly, sped back up, nothing, happened once again a few days later again no problems, then the following week went to start the car and a click of the starter solenoid and nothing, charged the battery all OK, following morning same again, bought a new battery and never saw any warnings again.
Just because your battery is only 12 months old it doesn't mean it is good, batteries can fail at any time, all batteries are the same, whether the warranty is one year or 5 years, the extra cost is just the warranty charge.
So unless the same warning continually re-occurs it's probably OK but if other warnings randomly flash change the battery. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #440406 26th Mar 2024 5:58 pm
sid

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: DSC Intermittent

Richijones wrote:
Hi,

The other day the DSC warning light started flashing while on the motorway (about 60mph) this was accomanied with a message saying special traction functions unavailable. No other warnings.
Next morning fault had cleared, drove about 2 miles no errors. Next journy warning light came on after about 3 miles.
When the light is not flashing everything works as it should.
Battery is less than 12 months old and it has the extra earth strap. So could it be something as simple as a sensor just intermittantly dropping out of spec?
Has anyone else had this?
Guess i need a code reader can anyone recommend one that does'nt cost the earth?
i had this before,it was a tyre down to 15 psi,car drove fine ,as i was on a straight road, and it was a rear.

Post #440411 26th Mar 2024 10:43 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1