Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Bluetooth on 2006 I6SE?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Redfox

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Izmir Blue
Bluetooth on 2006 I6SE?

Hi all,

Just a week ago I bought a Freelander 2, 3,2L i6 SE autobox.
That's all good and now I am trying to find out about all the equipment in the car.
So far, I've only ever had cars with no such thing as a Bluetooth system to connect to a phone, so I am pretty new to that. I have of course, been through all 296 pages of the instruction manual.

In my car there's a telephone button on the center console next to the stereo, or rather part of it, as we see in ost cars.
Also, on mine there's the two, red and green, buttons on the lift side of the steering wheel.
That's all good. I tried following instructions, but absolutely nothing happens.
The radio display does not change anything like, showing a telephone menu or similar.
Pressing both the single button on the radio part as well as the two steering wheel buttons - same result - nothing. All steering wheel buttons work as far as radio control and cruise control goes.

I looked up the fuse box in the trunk fuse box panel, locating the fuse FD4, measuring it, and that's good. When I reinserted the fuse FD4 into it's socket again, the sat nav screen turned on as in normal on-operation. No telephone functionality though.

I guess that Land Rover wouldn't install the buttons if it wasn't present in the car as a working system, so a fault must be there somewhere.

No, I think there's either dead connectors or a dead Bluetooth module somewhere, as even though it's old and out of date for functionality, it should work.

I would like it to work as per factory. Not installing another radio, Bluetooth module of some other sort etc.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Redfox.

Edit: I should add that all of the stereo, such as radio, DAB radio, aux in, and the 6 pcs CD changer works well and it all sounds pretty good. Very satisfied.

Post #438342 11th Jan 2024 10:17 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Redfox wrote:
I guess that Land Rover wouldn't install the buttons if it wasn't present in the car as a working system

Left of the clock I have a 'NAV' button. No navigation on my car.

The level of dust shows how long I was lost in the outback! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #438346 11th Jan 2024 12:31 pm
Redfox

Bluetooth malfunction solved on i6 SE 2007.

Right, my newly acquired Freelander 2 i6 SE does have the cell phone functions built in, but it didn't work. I know that people today find and use other solutions, so they won't bother with this, but I find it smart and also give less cluttering inside the cabin. In other words, I want it to work fully.

So, I took the loading protection off, the battery off, the right side loading tray hooks off, tilted the rear seat on the right side, took the rear right seatbelt off, the big right side alpaca cover off for the trunk, which just carefully clicks off, and got to the power amplifier for the stereo and on to that, is screwed the Bluetooth module. This one was made in France, and the new one was made in China. Looks exactly the same and both original LR.

4 little bolts out, two connectors and one had a swiveling arm, bot easy peasy, new module in, 4 bolts in, battery back on and voila, the telephone button on the facia of the stereo is again activating the telephone functions.

Delete 4 old telephones, pairing mine, and voila, it all works s intended, reads out my cell phone number lists, missed calls etc. Works well, easy to use both on the stereo and the Steering wheel buttons.
Job done.

Question: some models or maybe it's some Range Rovers, have a little left hand side voice/face button on the steering wheel. What exactly does that do? Can I replicate that?

Kind regards,
Redfox.

Post #438905 29th Jan 2024 12:06 am
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

That is probably voice activation. The JLR version of Siri.

Post #438909 29th Jan 2024 9:44 am
Monza

Netherlands 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

@Redfox

What module did you buy? 2006 FR2 Diesel manual, now 2006 FR2 Petrol auto.

Post #438914 29th Jan 2024 1:34 pm
Redfox

BossBob: That's smart. So if I had such a system, I wouldn't have to press any buttons, but just say "Hey Land Rover, call home"?

How do I get that? And implement it?

Monza: I don't know. I noticed it's original Land Rover for the Freelander 2, but this module was made in China, not France as the originally installed one. Otherwise same stuff, same everything. I didn't take a picture of it, but I just searched on fleabay, and chose one out of many for sale.

Kind regards,
Redfox.

Post #438919 29th Jan 2024 5:43 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

No “hey Land Rover” just a limited predetermined menu. Buy a car with the relevant hardware and software. Really just a gimmick in my experience.

Post #438921 29th Jan 2024 7:43 pm
Redfox

Thanks. I was thinking in the line of installing the eventual hardware myself then; original Land Rover stuff, not a universal waywawoo from china.
I guess that the now working Bluetooth setup in the car from factory will do Wink

Kind regards,
Redfox.

Post #438923 29th Jan 2024 8:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1