Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FL2 Facelift! Already? Why on earth!...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
QUERCUS

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
FL2 Facelift! Already? Why on earth!...

I cannot believe that LR is planning a FL2 facelift already for 2010. And I thought my i6 HSE - over two years with ZERO problems - would last forever also in design. Has anyone seen pictures of the planned facelift to confirm how big it is?

The Auto Bild pictures recently posted here seem to be of the "Range Rover Ventura," which on surface looks to be a poshed-up FL2. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Post #44364 3rd Jul 2009 8:20 am
AndyT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

They're not. And I don't think you'll ever see this ventura thing on the road, ever.

Post #44366 3rd Jul 2009 9:18 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Facelift is due on MY2011

I can't see it been a radical change exterior wise maybe a few contours changed but I think they bring the interior along the lines of the new RRS FFRR & D4

quite common to change the car after a few years after all they would have been out 5 years by then Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #44367 3rd Jul 2009 9:36 am
Natwest

United Kingdom 

Agree with npinks and AndyT.
I doubt it'd be a big change given how successful the current styling is... probably the usual motor industry norms for a mid-term facelift I guess.

EU5 emissions required from 1/1/11, so something engine related too (ECU and calibrations?).

That autobild picture does make me laugh though Rolling with laughter

Post #44382 3rd Jul 2009 2:48 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
diesel hybrid?

Worth a facelift IF it includes a reliable and powerful diesel electric hybrid as per info on LR website! Razz  Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #44402 3rd Jul 2009 9:51 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

facelift will probably be more cosmetic than anything else, new grille or light clusters to give it that 'range rover' look (like the new discovery facelift) and a redesign of the dashboard. Or perhaps the designers are watching this forum and redesigning the FL2 to take into account all of our moaning etc - in which case the facelift will be a completely different car from the wheels up!!!!!!!!! Thumbs Up

Post #44540 5th Jul 2009 11:41 pm
oakwood

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Perhaps they'll introduce a proper cubby box.

Post #44546 6th Jul 2009 8:30 am
Nick Jan

not a Range Rover lookalike pls

shilen wrote:
facelift will probably be more cosmetic than anything else .......... or perhaps the designers are watching this forum and redesigning the FL2 to take into account all of our moaning etc - in which case the facelift will be a completely different car from the wheels up!!!!!!!!! Thumbs Up

I sincerely hope it's not based on some of the whingeing on here!! Evil or Very Mad Some owners appear to expect their vehicles to be perfect in every respect. I can't think of anything else I buy that is perfect; meeting or exceeding my expectations is fine. Endlessly taking your FL2 back to the dealer for trivial issues seems like a waste of time to me, and must drive the dealers nuts!

My FL2 is the best car I've ever owned; no significant complaints at all. Very Happy If I'd wanted to feel like a Range Rover owner, then I guess I'd have bought one; I certainly don't want a lookalike!
 Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #44561 6th Jul 2009 11:09 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

You must be one of the lucky ones judging by the number of posts on this forum! This is the first Land Rover I have ever owned and whilst I appreciate that any car can go wrong - this is my tale of woe!

Vehicle delivered day after date promised
Knocking noise that took 9 months of hassle to be cured (and 8 trips to various dealers)
Loose drivers seat, initially reported as fine by one dealer was later replaced by another dealer who diagnosed it faulty
Replacement seat suffering from similar, but not as severe, problems (but I am prepared to live with)
Temperature guage into the red for no reason, LR failed to diagnose fault
Dent in bonnet caused by LR dealer when knocking noise being sorted - denied responsibility and had to pay to repair myself
Passenger door skirt fell off - had to be refitted by dealer
Front sports grille came loose, one dealer refused to rectify thankfully another dealer fixed with no hassle
Sales Manager of supplying dealer refused to answer phone or emails
Land Rover Customer Support totally useless - unhelpful and left me ready to hand the keys back

Post #44562 6th Jul 2009 11:44 am
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Don't expect it to be perfect but do expect a lot considering the amount they cost.
Also when things do go wrong I would expect dealer help/customer service to be good but I have found it severely lacking.

My old series 2A I had years ago was more reliable.......... Laughing

Post #44565 6th Jul 2009 12:42 pm
Nick Jan

snappa wrote:
Don't expect it to be perfect but do expect a lot considering the amount they cost...

Yep, agreed! Thumbs Up

"Lucky?" Yer maybe, though I have recommended FL2s to several friends and relatives, and all those that have subsequently purchased one have been equally satisfied. Razz

There is clearly an issue here on the forum in that people who are unhappy will moan (as would I). Those who are broadly satisfied may not bother to post that fact. So using the proportion of "moaners" to judge LR is potentialy a tad unrepresentative!
Rolling Eyes Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #44572 6th Jul 2009 1:40 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Nick Jan wrote:

There is clearly an issue here on the forum in that people who are unhappy will moan (as would I). Those who are broadly satisfied may not bother to post that fact. So using the proportion of "moaners" to judge LR is potentialy a tad unrepresentative! Rolling Eyes

I think most people who view forums regularly will accept that this is the case, bad news travels quicker and is more widely reported than good news, thats life!

I am one who has moaned from time to time and with good reason, I'll (reluctantly) accept that sometimes things do go wrong, having said that Mrs Avtur's poxy little Daewoo hasn't missed a beat in over 7 years, which is way better reliability than the FL2.

The message I hope that potential new owners might get from reading our posts are that its a great car, but good dealer service, when things DO go wrong, is what makes the difference. There is clear evidence of very poor dealer support for some of us. I regularly sing the praises of the FL2, have recommended it to others and (if not for the crazy lease cost increase) would have had another one. Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #44604 7th Jul 2009 1:01 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

The remidy is to BAN ALL WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT A FL2 from the forum Thumbs Up
Mine is perfect - ZERO problems Thumbs Up and all I found to niggle about is cosmetic things that BMW's have and I miss.

It should be noted that some of the problems that are reported here on the forum are self inflicted by persons expecting the vehicle to have superman properties Shocked Other problems are the cause of LR personel that should be sacked on the spot for not doing thier job correctly Whistle

At least my FL2 is the best car ever I have owned, and by the sound of the many that answered the call for other 0-problem owners to be counted http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic3738.html - so are most owners.

So ban the FL2 complainers Thumbs Up

Rolling with laughter 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #44606 7th Jul 2009 6:45 am
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Surely the point of the forum is to identify common problems, so that we the owners can share information regarding diagnosis and cure.
Warning people about bad experiences with dealers can help people from making the same mistakes.

The bottom line is the FL2 is a very good car, however due to our exacting standards as owners it is loaded with technology, which on occasion goes wrong, and rightly we want problems solved so we can continue to enjoy our cars. The reason why for years that Skoda was in the top five in the JD Power survey was there was little paraphernalia that could go wrong and the expectation level on the owner wasn't that high either. FL2 drivers generally feel that we have paid for a premium product and that we want the car to do all the things that it says it can do.

So no lets not ban the complaints, for it is these complaints that help to improve our cars and our owning experience

Can someone help me down from this soapbox I'm done 

Post #44617 7th Jul 2009 9:53 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

christian138 wrote:
Surely the point of the forum is to identify common problems, so that we the owners can share information regarding diagnosis and cure.
Warning people about bad experiences with dealers can help people from making the same mistakes.

The bottom line is the FL2 is a very good car, however due to our exacting standards as owners it is loaded with technology, which on occasion goes wrong, and rightly we want problems solved so we can continue to enjoy our cars. The reason why for years that Skoda was in the top five in the JD Power survey was there was little paraphernalia that could go wrong and the expectation level on the owner wasn't that high either. FL2 drivers generally feel that we have paid for a premium product and that we want the car to do all the things that it says it can do.

So no lets not ban the complaints, for it is these complaints that help to improve our cars and our owning experience

Can someone help me down from this soapbox I'm done

Shocked Thumbs Up Milestone Bow down Thumbs Up Milestone Thumbs Up Milestone Thumbs Up Bow down Bow down Bow down 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #44621 7th Jul 2009 10:18 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>