« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > bluetooth car phone system auto connect
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
meatloaf

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
bluetooth car phone system auto connect

Hi.. if anyone can help... I have a Freelander 2.. 2008 HSE ..I have never had this issue before with my old phones...all different makes, but my new Samsung Galaxy A23 5G will not auto connect to bluetooth car phone system, all works fine when connected manually... but I have to select it in phone system in car and connect every time i get in car and power up, sometime it connects.. but very random, Ive checked with Samsung and they cant help they seem to think its car system but there is no way to update as far as I know, and nothing i can do in phone settings again as far as I know all is set up correct...?????????

Post #436398 18th Oct 2023 1:36 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Old Bluetooth standard in old car, new Bluetooth standard in new phone. There are 15 years between the standards that you are trying to get to talk to each other. You aren’t going to get help from JLR and Samsung have already said they can’t help. An up to date Bluetooth dongle attached to the aux in of the radio might be the best you can do.

Post #436399 18th Oct 2023 1:49 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Bit of a worry when the phone is worth more than the car!

My Sony & previous Motorola phones sometimes didn't connect. Can't remember whether car to phone or phone to car.

Have you tried both ways (can do this on MY13 Freelander).

P.S. For people in Australia, don't get a Sony phone (I actually like it... except) Can't f...ing reinstall operating system as one computer is too old & the other is too new. 5g never works (spent hours speaking to Sony & Telstra), not that I need it, & can only make calls on 3g as 4gLTE doesn't work, which it should according to the specs, 4g for internet is ok, 3g is being turned off middle of 2024 in Australia. Outback Australia still relies on 3g network, like Eyre Highway across the Nullarbor & other similar roads. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #436400 18th Oct 2023 2:01 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1