« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Great Solid Boot
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White
Great Solid Boot

I have just loaded up with garden rubbish (in bags) and was thinking what a great 'old fashioned' boot the FL2 has.

Not many (if any?) cars have the solid floor and bulkhead that the FL2 does when extended.

This, with the 'tie-down' points it has, allows heavy items to be ratchet-strapped securely. I have every confidence that we are safe in the front and will not be joined by our luggage upon sudden deceleration.

This folding design seems to be missing on any possible replacement that I look at, leaving lots of gaps to loose things and virtually ne protechtion.

Click image to enlarge
 FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #436231 11th Oct 2023 12:45 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Unfortunately I didn't take photos. But I did pick up secondhand roof tiles for our block of units. Drove across Sydney taking the best roads. Too many roads are goat tracks, so a bit longer route.

Did 3 trips, filled up the car with roof tiles as far forward as possible. Put a bit of extra padding on the boot floor. Also tied a strap around the front to the rear seat anchors.

First trip 120 tiles, car had no issues. Second trip, 150 tiles, still ok. Third trip 180 tiles. Car was a touch wobbly, so I was extra careful.

I think it was the tyres. If I had my current all terrain tyres there wouldn't have been any issues.

Tiles were 3.2kg each & another 85kg for me (if I breath in). As far as engine power, no issues there & I have the petrol engine which has less torque.

Travelling around Australia we are at the 500kg payload limit & the car has no issues. Actually it is more comfortable on the crap outback dirt roads fully ladened. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #436233 11th Oct 2023 1:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1