« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > New Land Rover Freelander Ventura with 7 seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue
New Land Rover Freelander Ventura with 7 seats

According to the German car mag "Autobild Allrad" we will see in 2010 respec. 2011/2012 a new facelifted Freelander with 7 seats called "Range Rover Venture", a smaller Range Rover and the LRX which will only be available as 4x4, the front driven version like its FORD Kuga cousin will be dropped.

Smaller Range Rover

Pictures:

7 Seated Freelander Ventura

and PDF file of the actual mag (see bottom of page)

http://download.autobild.de/dl/569445/ABSA...Titel1.pdf Freelander 2 SE 4Td Izmir Blue, Dog cage for Alaskan Malamute, iphone Navigon Navigator

Last edited by cyberhusky on 30th Jun 2009 11:07 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #44132 29th Jun 2009 5:09 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

That looks really nice especially the 5door one in the PDF

i've been told it's due a makeover around the same time too Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #44135 29th Jun 2009 6:57 pm
lrbrit

Any chance you can scan the article? I would love to see some more images, which I know are just computer generated Autobild magazine images. I guess this information is still rumors, but still would be neat to check out.
If not then no worries.

Post #44147 29th Jun 2009 10:07 pm
cyberhusky

Will give it a try this week... stay tuned

ok here we go please check my gallery Freelander 2 SE 4Td Izmir Blue, Dog cage for Alaskan Malamute, iphone Navigon Navigator

Post #44151 29th Jun 2009 11:20 pm
lrbrit

Thanks Cyberhusky. Very Happy
I hope these rumors are true and these models make it to production.

Post #44153 30th Jun 2009 2:54 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

that 5 door one looks nice (and im not being colour biased either!!!) but the only problem i foresee is that this looks too much like the range rover sport thus if LR make it like that then all they are doing is shooting themselves in the foot! At least at the moment the Freelander has an identity all of its own! Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #44185 30th Jun 2009 3:52 pm
Lr2maker

United Kingdom 
Jlr skint

No cash for future models at mo. All going into xj launch. Let's hope it takes off. Cash needed for lrx 4 starters. Live your life be free-lander

Post #44199 30th Jun 2009 6:53 pm
cyberhusky

Translation of the Autobild Range Rover Ventura coverage

Ok here's a quick translation for those who aren't fluent in German, but please excuse my bad English...

First the 7 seater will be called Range Rover Ventura and not Venture like I wrote in the subject (the mag was in my car when I opende this thread at home Wink)

Autobild writes that like many other carmakers the economic crises has hit LR very big with over 1/3 less sold 4x4. All 4 ranges from Range Rover, Discovery to Defender and Freelander are building huge piles of unsold cars, each range in equal parts... so there is no real preferences.
Therefor no new car will come but all will be based on the Freelander which itself is based on the Volvo XC60.
The Freelander will be built in most quantities compared to the other 3 models.

* in 2010 we will se a facelifted Freelander like we know it today (but I like it as it is now!!!)

* in 2011 introduction of the Crossover LRX, rebadged as "Range Rover" or probably "Range Rover Riviera"
(personally I would just leave it as Land Rover LRX)

* in 2012 a longer 7 seated Freelander called Range Rover Ventura

because these new Freelander-based 4x4 are now called Range Rover, they will benefit from the luxury of the current Range Rover cars: more leather, more wood, more gimmicks, better developed (evolution) Terrain Response and navi system, a new kommunication system with integrated live Google Earth with realistic 3D streetview integration... and logically more expensive!!!

The Ventura will have the most modern parking guided system with 5 video cams and zoom function.

Both LRX and Ventura will get a Dieselengine with 190 hp and 500 NM. To be in regulations with EU CO2 emissions, the max limit of the LRX will be 200 km/h all combined with a new automatic system.

Autobild quotes LR Manager David Smith "The LRX will have qualities not seen before in this class. Better driving dynamique, better comfort and best ecological emissions"

Other engines will be a VOLVO V6 engine with 177 to 211 (BiTurbo) HP.
Later when the deal with Volvo ends a 260 hp version will follow.

Parallel to the Diesel and Fuel engines there will be 2 Hybrid versions of the new Freelanders:

first the already shown e-Terrain module, will be available when the cars are delivered
This Module will give the the LR 4x4 capabilities with the help of electric power!

the second Hybrid system which will first be introduced on the US market is called: REHEV (Range Extended Electric Vehicle) the Diesel or Fuel Engine will drive the front wheels where as the electric system will drive the back wheels, this way the LRX will have an Co2 emission of 150 gCO2/km.

LR wants to build 70000 LRX and Ventura per year at the Jaguar factory in Halewood (Liverpool).

The LRX will be very much like the concept car shown in Detroit and Geneva.
Price around the same amount as the coming Audi Q3 not the Audi Q5.

The 2 wheel driven LRX (like the Ford KUGA) won't come, because this isn't the image known by Land Rover.

The rest of the article describes the history of the Freelander, but very interesting too:

The first Freelander should be handled under the name of Rover (I think Honda was involved there) with a 1,8 l Roadster MG-F engine or 2,5 l V6 Rover 800 engine.
Later it got the BMW engine until Ford changed everything with the 2006 Model we love today Smile

That's all folks.

I hope the mesh grill front with 2 lines stays as it makes the car aggressive! The one piece front grill (like the HST version) is not very cool.

BTW my Freelander is at the dealer until tomorrow evening: I have to replace the front windshield (got a crack from a flying stone), windshield with front heater and rain sensor. I just hope everything stays dry after the replacement.
My assurance gave me a VW Golf Tdi (new? 13000 km) as a replacement! Big Cry
Everybody says German cars are well build (until now I always owned French cars) but all I say: " I want my Freelander back"
OK the Golf is fast, but it's diesel engine sounds like one! The Freelander 2 Diesel just purrs!!! Thumbs Up

Oh just found this link, sound interesting too:

http://www.lro.com/news.php?sid=298

Regards,

Manou Freelander 2 SE 4Td Izmir Blue, Dog cage for Alaskan Malamute, iphone Navigon Navigator

Last edited by cyberhusky on 30th Jun 2009 11:07 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #44203 30th Jun 2009 8:18 pm
lrbrit

Thanks for the translation. All these new models and hybrids too are definitely some cool new models to get excited about! Although, I think the Range Rover LRX is going to be priced above the Freelander 2. Priced more inline with the new Discovery 4.
I suspect that LR are going to sell lots and lots of Range Rover LRX models.
Hopefully the global economy improves soon.

Post #44228 30th Jun 2009 10:38 pm
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

Are all Land Rovers to be named Range Rovers in the future? Meaning they will only use the name Range Rover, and the name Land Rover will slowly disapear? Or what?

From a marketing point of view, that may be very smart. I think?? 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #44278 1st Jul 2009 8:18 pm
cyberhusky

Not all Land Rovers as I understood it the range Rover name will be used for the 3 upcoming Freelanders. Though they're all based on the same Freelander chassis they wil be marketed as Range Rover for several reasons:

... more luxury design
... more choices
... more gimmicks and gadgets to sell
... a higher price level

even if the LRX will be the lower level Range Rover more people will afford a Range Rover...

so all in all more money for Land Rover Freelander 2 SE 4Td Izmir Blue, Dog cage for Alaskan Malamute, iphone Navigon Navigator

Post #44285 1st Jul 2009 10:05 pm
lrbrit

Hopefully air-suspension will be available in a future Freelander 2 and these new smaller Range Rover models, at least as an option. The Freelander 2 is a very good off-roader and air-suspension would make it even better.

Post #44290 1st Jul 2009 11:09 pm
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

lrbrit wrote:
Hopefully air-suspension will be available in a future Freelander 2 and these new smaller Range Rover models, at least as an option. The Freelander 2 is a very good off-roader and air-suspension would make it even better.

I second that. I want air-suspension. 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #44295 1st Jul 2009 11:59 pm
Natwest

United Kingdom 
Re: New Land Rover Freelander Ventura with 7 seats

cyberhusky wrote:

Pictures:

Still looks funny as Censored

Question to autobild magazine. Why not just post an LRX picture from netcarshow.com, would've saved much effort!?
Thumbs Up

Post #44383 3rd Jul 2009 2:53 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1