« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Dealers/servicing/warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Geordie Boy

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Galway Green
Dealers/servicing/warranty

I took my freelander into my local dealer on monday for the 2 year/24000 mile service, even though it has only done 15000 miles, and I still have not got it back yet ! They rang me to say, it had an oil leak and they could not find where it was coming from, and they would have to keep it in to sort it out. It also transpires that I need a new windscreen beacause the original one is delaminating down the off side A pillar, and a new amplifier because the audio equipment sometimes does not make any sound.
They rang me today to say that the oil leak is coming from the sump, and that they were having difficulty fixing it, and it would need it yet another day. Also, the windscreens are on back order, so I will need to take it back again for this.
Has anyone else experienced such slow service, these problems etc., or am I just unfortunate in picking this dealer.....the only one in Newcastle to do the work?
Answers on a postcard please to:- Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger @ Regstonestrat the Vardy garage

Post #44782 8th Jul 2009 6:21 pm
stormsky

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

My oil leak took 12 days to fix.

I think Land Rover were growning cotton, harvesting it, weaving it into cloth, shipping it across from Ameriky by row boat, cutting it into rags and only then using it to mop up the oil spills. Thats my theory....

Hope yours is sorted quicker 58 HSE, auto, lago grey, tints. Mine and my dogs Storm and Sky
TT Quattro, black. Ers.
AC Cobra rep in build. Ars.

Post #44783 8th Jul 2009 6:38 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Try team valley http://www.teamvalleylandrover.co.uk/ highly rated on here, they can do warranty work and are fully approved so you keep your service history.
I will probably send our car to them for its 2nd service to save a few ££. They will drop Mrs G off at the metro centre whilst they do the work...second thoughts bad bad idea Evil or Very Mad Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #44806 8th Jul 2009 8:31 pm
Geordie Boy

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

Thanks for replies, got my car back today, only cost me £249 inc. vat for the service, they priced matched another dealers price to get the work. They say they have fixed the leak, time will tell ! windscreen on back order for months !!! audio - too soon to tell, but on the upside, they washed my car.

I have heard of Team Valley Land Rover, and did contact them for price for service, their price was £289. Will contact them again in future for any work though, as I think three and a half days to fix an oil leak and do a service, and not much else is poor service.

Post #44882 9th Jul 2009 10:15 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

I hope you were provided with a loaner? 

Post #44906 10th Jul 2009 9:15 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1