Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > ULEZ expansion.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Did you know that if your non-ULEZ compliant vehicle is registered to someone with a blue badge who is getting certain allowances, you can apply for an extension for ULEZ exemption for that vehicle until 2027. They don’t have to be the owner, they don’t have to insure it, they don’t even have to have a driving licence. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #435024 19th Aug 2023 10:22 am
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Steve, It's nothing to do with holding a Blue Badge. Its available to those in receipt of PIP, DLA and certain Ex armed forces benefits. The Vehicle has to be registered as "Disabled Taxation" class and is only applicable to those that qualify for the Mobility element of the benefit. this also triggers the free VED whilst receiving PIP, DLA etc. The exemption is until October 2027 and is automatically applied by TFL because they check the vehicle using the DVLA database. there is no need to apply.

I know this to be fact as we went through this process with my Wife's car 2 years ago when C*** Khan started this assault on decent hard working people.

Did you know that he gets chauffeured around in a blast proof 5lt Range Rover. Double standards me thinks. 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #435067 21st Aug 2023 9:46 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Milothedog wrote:
Steve, It's nothing to do with holding a Blue Badge. Its available to those in receipt of PIP, DLA and certain Ex armed forces benefits. The Vehicle has to be registered as "Disabled Taxation" class and is only applicable to those that qualify for the Mobility element of the benefit. this also triggers the free VED whilst receiving PIP, DLA etc. The exemption is until October 2027 and is automatically applied by TFL because they check the vehicle using the DVLA database. there is no need to apply.

I know this to be fact as we went through this process with my Wife's car 2 years ago when C*** Khan started this assault on decent hard working people.

Did you know that he gets chauffeured around in a blast proof 5lt Range Rover. Double standards me thinks.

Milo, what you refer to is true and those circumstances trigger an automatic temporary ULEZ exemption for a non-compliant vehicle. What I am referring to is for those people that get Attendance allowance and have a Blue badge and whose vehicle is NOT registered in the disabled taxation class. They have to apply for the ULEZ sunset exemption.

I am 100% correct on this - my mother (Blue badge, receiving Attendance Allowance, car not registered for disabled tax) has applied and received the temporary ULEZ exemption on her non-compliant vehicle as well as exemption from the central London congestion charge (not that she would ever go there!)

Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #435078 21st Aug 2023 9:21 pm
Worms

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

The old 110 has now had its 30th Birthday, so now all that stands in my way for the Scottish LEZs is the small matter of an MOT... Smile

Click image to enlarge
 2005 D3 2.7 Auto
Previously:
2010 MY FL2 TD4e GS - Now gone at 199,500 miles, about 135,000 of them mine.
‘93 Defender 110 200TDi CSW
‘87 Defender 90 4 cyl Petrol
‘83 110 CSW V8 - best ever!
Range Rover 2-door V8 (not sure of year - 4-speed box and vacuum diff switch)
Series III SWB Diesel

Post #435082 22nd Aug 2023 8:07 am
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Steve D wrote:
Milothedog wrote:

Did you know that he gets chauffeured around in a blast proof 5lt Range Rover. Double standards me thinks.

Milo, what you refer to is true and those circumstances trigger an automatic temporary ULEZ exemption for a non-compliant vehicle. What I am referring to is for those people that get Attendance allowance and have a Blue badge and whose vehicle is NOT registered in the disabled taxation class. They have to apply for the ULEZ sunset exemption.

I am 100% correct on this - my mother (Blue badge, receiving Attendance Allowance, car not registered for disabled tax) has applied and received the temporary ULEZ exemption on her non-compliant vehicle as well as exemption from the central London congestion charge (not that she would ever go there!)

Thanks for posting that Steve, pretty certain that wasn't the case 2 years ago ? I wonder if he (Khan) has had to introduce it because of public pressure. 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #435096 22nd Aug 2023 12:41 pm
janderson41

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Have just read an article about the thousands of people and businesses outside the ULEZ now affected.
People who have to travel over the line for work and business. Like most ,the cost of having to upgrade their vehicle is just too much. I live up here in Scotland in a rural area and will never even go into Glasgow,s small LEZ. Glasgow charge £60. And recurring charges multiply up.
My sympathies are with you all in the south. Jim A
Fl2 HSE 2010 auto
Disco 2Td5 auto 2002 gone
Disci 1 300Tdi auto 1996 gone

Post #435375 31st Aug 2023 8:15 am
Geobloke

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

As with you Jim I live in the middle of nowhere and although we are about to have all of our 30mph zones reduced to 20mph I absolutely feel for those of you who have to transit back and forth through a LEZ or ULEZ.

At some point the inevitable straw that breaks the camels back will be reached and I cannot help thinking that point is significantly closer now and civil unrest is only around the corner. People can only take so much... Rolling Eyes

Post #435377 31st Aug 2023 9:18 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Slightly off topic but I stopped at a motorway services on the M3 recently and there are a couple of disabled spaces near the entrance to the building. Sitting in one of them was a Porsche 911 displaying a blue badge which I thought was obviously someone abusing the system. Anyway when I came out I saw an old boy with a walking stick hobbling towards the car and struggled to get in it and then drove off. You can never tell. Laughing 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #435378 31st Aug 2023 9:26 am
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

The original London ULEZ was announced quite a time ago, we were told that a vast majority of Londoners agreed, and the Government supported the Mayor.

26 March 2015
Heading_
• £65 million to deliver plans for cleaner taxis, including extra £25m from Government • From 2020, ULEZ will reduce most harmful vehicle exhaust pollutants by more than half • More than 16,000 consultation responses, 79 per cent in favour of improving London’s air quality.

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/m...ssion-zone

It seems that these ULEZ zones will spread throughout the UK with the governments blessing (even if we have a change of party/leader)
I believe that there should help for those within the area to change their cars, and a decent free 'Park and Ride' scheme for us who have to drive in from the countryside. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #435379 31st Aug 2023 9:36 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

dorsetfreelander wrote:
Slightly off topic ..... You can never tell. Laughing

The Mrs was in the final stages of cancer (passed away not long after) and we parked in the blue badge bit at the local supermarket and displayed her badge. I wandered off to get a trolley and Gill got out of the car as an old guy was getting out of his, he ripped into her about people abusing the blue badge. She told him that she had cancer but he carried on, only when his wife got out and repeated that Gill had said that she had cancer did his abuse pause, but he still had a few final words to say.
They then disappeared into the supermarket, I got back to the car to find Gill in tears, she didn't tell me why just said that she wanted to go home and would I go shopping later on my own. Fair enough I thought, the girl is going through hell and just not up to it. Only when we were nearly home did she tell me the truth. Two years later it still raises the hairs on the back of my neck thinking about it.

You can never tell. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #435390 1st Sep 2023 12:30 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

...... and a decent free 'Park and Ride' scheme for us who have to drive in from the countryside.

Only once tried to use a Park and Ride scheme, in Cambridge. Parked the car, got on the bus but was told that the miniature Yorkie (less than 2kg) wasn't allowed and that we should leave her in the car!

Needless to say we just got back into the car and drove into Cambridge. Won't bother with that idea ever again. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #435391 1st Sep 2023 12:35 am
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

I drove into the newly expanded ULEZ in my Freelander on Monday, beating the introduction time by 6 hours. However we were in a hotel in Wembley until Thursday, when we drove back to Cornwall.
I set up auto payment for the ULEZ charge, but haven't seen a payment come out yet.
Maybe the system doesn't charge for outgoing traffic?

I also achieved 45MPG for the round trip too, so even if I have to pay a £12.50 charge, I'll have saved more than that, simply by keeping my speed to a steady 60 MPH. 2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. Soon to be sold.
Hyundai Ionic 5 Ultimate on order.
Gone. 2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE.

Post #435394 1st Sep 2023 8:47 am
Nick42

Work at Heathrow so I said goodbye to my Freelander yesterday after owning two over nearly 10 years. Very sorry to see it go to be honest, a very good car despite would have been some very expensive repairs had it not been for extended warranty.

Nearing 100,000 anyway so probably time for a change but the timing certainly forced by ULEZ.

I now have a nice clean genuine LR multi spoke 19" spare wheel and tyre for sale along with the hold down clamp if anyone is interested.

Will put an ad in the classifieds.

Post #435536 7th Sep 2023 11:47 am
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Please let us know which car you move to, and after a little time, how it compares with the FL2.

A few of us may be in a similar position, as you as the 10 year extended warranty begins to unwind, and are interested in real life impressions of FL2 replacements.

Whatever you choose, Happy Motoring! FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #435541 7th Sep 2023 1:06 pm
Nick42

I've bought a friends 2016 Merc GLC 250d as a bit of a stopgap, it was for sale and I need a tow bar which it has. Obviously a very different car, jacked up C series rather than an SUV, drives beautifully, very sophisticated compared to the Freelander although most of the stuff are things I wasn't missing. That said the auto LED headlights are amazing and not something I have used before. Some very useful features such as the sun roof closing automatically if it starts to rain whether the ignition on or not.

I am sure it won't go as far off road as the Freely but I think it will do everything I have done in the past ten years.

Post #435544 7th Sep 2023 2:13 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>