Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Canbus App with Carplay and Raspberry Pi
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
oldseadog

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

This looks like a great project Rhys. I've been thinking of something along these lines myself, but currently have my Pi4 running my 3D printer, so I would need to get another one. Would you share all the good work that you have done with the Forum members, i.e parts list and s/w? -------------------------------------------------------------
1965 Series IIa Safari LWB White - gone
1982 RR 2 door Sahara dust - gone
2000 Freelander 1 3 door white gold - gone
1995 Discovery 1 200Tdi Biaritz Blue - gone
2009 FL2 TD4 HSE Stornoway Grey

Post #432538 17th May 2023 11:51 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lrman

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

I am also interested in this.

I have just got my freelander so have plenty of other things to sort before worrying about a better display but my job is embedded electronics so this sort of thing is right up my street. Although it might be a bit of a busman's holiday.... FL2 2007 2.2d Auto SE. Baltic Blue.

Post #432540 17th May 2023 1:21 pm
rhys_m

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Sorry Guys, only just seen these responses, seems the email notification is a bit hit and miss!

@Grue Xtrons is a good product, no denying, but I feel there's alot more possibility available that what it makes available, unsure on price comparison though!

@oldseadog for sure everything will be shared!

@Irman would be great to have some contributions on the software side! Currently I am writing the drivers for the MOST HAT in NodeJs, would be looking to move it to maybe a micro controller, or C++ implementation down the line WIP Website

Post #433150 6th Jun 2023 7:18 pm
lrman

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

If I am honest I wouldn't know where to start with nodejs, although I guess I could learn if I had to.
C++ I also tend to avoid unless it is high level windows stuff. I am a bit old school so am most happy with barebones C programming, everything else just gets in the way.... Very Happy

I should also be realistic and say there is not much chance of me doing stuff before the end of the summer at the earliest. Life is just a bit too busy at the moment.
So probably best if I check back in then and see if there is anything I can help with. FL2 2007 2.2d Auto SE. Baltic Blue.

Post #433209 8th Jun 2023 6:54 pm
rhys_m

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Finally the first lot of HATs are ready, for anyone interested I've done a pretty detailed write up from start to now here https://hackaday.io/project/192188-pimost

I've also done a video on the driver install etc, at the end I show a bit of the new MOST bus app that I've been working on for the fl2/xf, very early version but gives an idea of whats possible and whats to come

https://youtu.be/KVagXKiK4Eg?t=1156 WIP Website

Post #434635 2nd Aug 2023 6:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12