Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Disposal of old cables, and adapters?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White
Disposal of old cables, and adapters?

Completely non FL2 subject, but I wonder if anyone has any ideas about any charity that would be interested in most of my (historic) collection of computer, audio/visual and power cables, connectors and adapters.
I've tried looking on the internet for someone local but they all seem quite picky on what they will and won't accept.

At the moment it looks as if I will by forced to dump them in the electricals skip at the council tip.

That would seem a pity as I have grown fond of the several large boxes of bits that will connect almost any plug with any socket and it represents a lifetime of professional and domestic collecting.

Please don't say put them in the garage or shed, as these are full of other treasures that need sorting out. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #429223 25th Jan 2023 3:10 pm
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

My box(es) of old computer cables, spare drives, boards, memory sticks etc etc all went to the council recycling skip some yesrs back.

Not once have I found myself needing any of the 'junk' accumulated on a just in case basis and given the legacy nature of it, who wants it these days?

Post #429242 25th Jan 2023 8:42 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Ask your local Member of Parliament for the answer. It's worth the political blackmail!

I have pile of old cables etc, but my computers are from 2007 to 2009 including dual Xeon computers running XP are still working perfectly ok. Cheaper to have spares.

But I think I will need a new monitor soon, whether I can connect it will be another issue.

Dead Macs in a local shop, I asked if they had any second hand Mini Macs. No, they are all dead & there were plenty more out of view of the camera.

Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #429248 25th Jan 2023 11:05 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1