Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Knock when pressing clutch/accelerator pedal.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
ransoman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

blaster1232 wrote:
Smile) Ahh the good old feeling of need to burn the car down. Im surprised you didn't find bearings seperately, If you wish, I can provide you with part different manufacturer part numbers.

Two other questions:
1) What happened when the top mount went?
2) Have you finally solved the knocking issue? Mine is still present, driving me nuts. Will try to replace CV axles, if that doesn't solve it - flywheel, clutch and bearing kit.

Just to close thisoff for the knocking on my particular car. I had mentioned it sounded like the knock was coming from various places front and rear.

Temporarily Removing the propshaft removed a lot of the noises, probably 80% of them confirming this was the haldex. the remaining knock from the front is most likely an engine mount as those are the only parts left that aren't brand new. The lower rear mount is visibly perished.

Due to the car taking up way too much of my time, I literally could not drive a week without a new issue cropping up and a family emergency that now demands my full attention I have made the decision to get rid of the car. I put the prop back on to trade it in and the rear end knock returned furthet confirming it was the haldex (when I turned the haldex input I could feel it repeatedly bind and release as it was turning, specifically when changing direction).

Now driving a Mazda CX-30 fwd. I'll miss Land Rover but the rest of the range that is ULEZ compliant is massivly out of my price range.

Post #434053 13th Jul 2023 1:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123