Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Leather seat recolouring
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
blaster1232

Latvia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Santorini Black
Leather seat recolouring

Greetings all!

After searching for a leather interior for more than a year (really rare on left hand drive cars) , finally found one. It was in a very good shape, but had some nasty mould on it. Managed to clear them spanking clean, but mould had damaged some pigments on the leather. Therefore I decided to order all-in-one leather colourant from Scratchdoctor. The tone matches very good, it has a satin finish (I would have preferred matt, but you live what you have).

After applying it, I decided to add some turtlewax leather cleaner and conditioner, and surprise surprise, all my dye rubbed away. Contacted the customer service, and they advised to follow strictly to the procedure. Repainted it again again, following the procedure, but it still rubs off with any leather cleaner. It doesn't really rub off with water, but if you rub hard with paper towel, there is some little bit rubbing off. So the question is : could clearcoating seats with leather finish help in this case?

Click image to enlarge

Post #430700 6th Mar 2023 8:43 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Another option:

We put LR seat covers on to protect the leather from dust &... better not comment further! In the meantime we found out most of the seat is not actually leather.

Ancient technical seat issues!

The seat covers have been on for 8 years. Even my mechanic thought the leather had a panic attack & wrinkled from been worked too hard (no such luck) so to speak!

The seats in our car with plastic covers:
The seats are plastic anyway other than the central section, look better than my sister's Evoque's ivory top of the range leather seats.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

You could go lambswool (my first car) much better in many ways than bald leather, from our ancient experience!

Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #430755 9th Mar 2023 9:42 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1