Home > Photos, Videos & Media > Mine And Alana's Youtube Channel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dean1234

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Biscay Blue
Mine And Alana's Youtube Channel

Hi everyone *waves*.

Me and Alana love our Freelander 2 and love going off of the beaten track with it. Not only that but I enjoy learning about video editing so we have meshed the 2 together and created a Youtube channel. If you want a bit of casual viewing or a bit of background noise and pictures then hopefully it will suit just that. We don't take ourselves too seriously and we are just out there to show what green laning is and have alot of fun while doing it. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/@ScottAlana4x4

Most of the content on the channel is us out with the Freelander 2 Off Road Group Facebook group (FL2ORG) which are a great bunch of people:

https://www.youtube.com/@ScottAlana4x4/pla...shelf_id=3

Here's our solo greenlaining playlist where we sometimes head out on our own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts-fJRuKvs...cyGwg9eODv

Plus there are alot of other bits and pieces on the channel that I'm sure you'll find if you like what we are doing. The channel is not 100% dedicated to the Freelander but the vast majority of videos will be. We are just out there to have fun, have a laugh, be responsible and share some positives vibes in this tough world that we live in.

Thanks for reading this rambley post. Thumbs Up

Post #432069 26th Apr 2023 11:00 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I will have a look later that’s a lovely colour that is.

Post #432070 26th Apr 2023 11:07 am
Dean1234

Thanks. Thumbs Up

Post #432073 26th Apr 2023 11:21 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Well I’ve had a look at the videos all very exciting but I was cringing at the scratched sides of the Freelanders after the tight green lanes I suppose this is what happens when you use them as intended and not running down the shops like I do.

Post #432076 26th Apr 2023 12:40 pm
Dean1234

I think it was the sound that made us cringe the most. Laughing Nothing a touch up pen or a bit of heavy polishing cannot fix. Very Happy

Post #432094 27th Apr 2023 10:01 am
ozjeff62

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Ipanema Sand

Subbed. Yes, gorgeous colour. Very jealous. MY11 SD4 SE Auto

Post #432173 30th Apr 2023 8:45 am
Dean1234

Thanks. Smile Thumbs Up

Post #432178 30th Apr 2023 4:04 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Interesting videos, amazing what Freelander 2s are capable of out of the box. Mine is a little more pampered than that but gets plenty of use as a tow car.
Have you done many mods to yours for this use? Looks pretty standard? Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #432180 30th Apr 2023 5:14 pm
Dean1234

It's incredible how good it is off road but so universal for every day life without needing to change parts or faff around on a screen inside the car selecting all different settings. Very Happy A good example is when we rocked up to a pay and play site with road tyres on, spent all day there and come away with a bent electric socket on the tow bar and didn't get stuck once. There was people there airing down tyres, jacking up cars to fix them or getting winched out of various places. Laughing

Our main priority has always been to maintain it before modifying it so it's had ALOT of money spent on it in the maintenance department. As for modifications, it's got a guard on the fuel tank, diff, front bumper and rock sliders. It's also got a lift kit on it with wheel spacers and a pink CB aerial. Laughing So enough modifications to help it out when green laning without going too over the top and taking away from it's on-road uses. Very Happy

Post #432199 1st May 2023 4:37 pm
p_gill

United States 2008 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Very Nice. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Thanks for sharing

Take care

Paul

PS
My Freelander only travels down paved roads regrettably.
That does bring up the question what is proper terminology for that "BLACK-LANING" "GREY-LANING".
Neverminded I remember now its best to just refer to my FREEL2 as a Tractor from the West End of London.

Post #432200 1st May 2023 5:08 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Dean1234 wrote:
It's incredible how good it is off road but so universal for every day life without needing to change parts or faff around on a screen inside the car selecting all different settings. Very Happy A good example is when we rocked up to a pay and play site with road tyres on, spent all day there and come away with a bent electric socket on the tow bar and didn't get stuck once. There was people there airing down tyres, jacking up cars to fix them or getting winched out of various places. Laughing

Our main priority has always been to maintain it before modifying it so it's had ALOT of money spent on it in the maintenance department. As for modifications, it's got a guard on the fuel tank, diff, front bumper and rock sliders. It's also got a lift kit on it with wheel spacers and a pink CB aerial. Laughing So enough modifications to help it out when green laning without going too over the top and taking away from it's on-road uses. Very Happy

Sweet, the guards are Thumbs Up

For crawling a lift kit is priceless, may I ask what kit and how much lift?

Post #432206 1st May 2023 10:27 pm
Dean1234

p_gill wrote:
My Freelander only travels down paved roads regrettably.
That does bring up the question what is proper terminology for that "BLACK-LANING" "GREY-LANING".
Neverminded I remember now its best to just refer to my FREEL2 as a Tractor from the West End of London.

Your post made me and Alana laugh Laughing . In the UK it would probably be reffered to as Pot-Hole-Laining and driving on the road is probably more hardcore and more challenging than actually being on a green lane. Laughing

MotionInc wrote:
may I ask what kit and how much lift?

We have the Muddy Mods lift kit and if I'm allowed to post links for context then it's this one https://www.muddymods.com/collections/free...kit-bundle We went for the 40mm front and 50mm rear lift kit but at the same time had new shocks and springs installed all round.

As a side note, I made a video of the car lifted and without spacers and the car lifted with spacers installed so I'd recommend anyone that lifts their car to consider spacers too Very Happy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLgZ-B3TzBc&t=1s

In the following video is our Freelander 2 at standard height going around the outer perimeter road of Salisbury Plain where the army train. While it makes a lot of banging on the underside of the car as it surfs on top of the ruts, the Freelander takes it in it's stride and did zero damage to anything underneath Very Happy . https://youtu.be/cSdozlH1yS4?t=327

Post #432218 2nd May 2023 2:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1