Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > No Sound from upgraded Head unit.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Derlwyn

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Lago Grey
No Sound from upgraded Head unit.

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone else has had issues installing a 3rd party replacement radio upgrade?

I purchased a Pioneer SPH-DA130DAB Multimedia player to fit into my 2011 FL2 SD4 GS.

In order to do this I bought a replacement Bezel along with a "Connects2" upgrade kit
This comprises an MOST amp retention Interface ( my vehicle has the Alpine System running on a MOST 2 fibre optic Network) and a steering wheel function interface.
My vehicle does not have the Touch Screen Nav system fitted above the main Radio console.

Installation should be a simple case of removing the factory fitted radio and CD player,
Connecting the Fibre optic connector into the new interface which is fed audio from the RCA sockets on the new head unit.
There is a second fibre optic which is plugged into the Radio Fascia which is replaced with a simple Bypass loop.

Unfortunately, although everything powers up ok and the head unit appears to be playing, no sound can be heard.
Even the steering wheel functions are retained.

I contacted the seller and was advised that I needed to disconnect the Bluetooth Phone module in the boot and fit a second fibre optic Bypass loop? this still isn't working so am now at a loss as to what to try next?

Post #423270 15th Jul 2022 4:19 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1