United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

pictures - https://www.freel2.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=659 At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #149783 30th Jul 2012 12:20 pm
gruodiz

Lithuania 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Lux Auto Stornoway Grey

Hello guys. I bought 07 LHD freel2 2nd hand with sunroof a month ago and now struggle with the water in left side footwell its passenger side for LHD.

Had couple of thoughts when I fount the water in the footwell:

1. Sunroof front drains neck is popped out of the metal hole or drain pipe is full of mud and stuck (we had the same matter in Discover3). When its stuck it overfills through the headliner, when the drain pipe's neck is popped out the water routes straight to footwell - So checked the part schemes and opened sunroof to see the holes for the drain and now I can 100% say there're no front A-pillar sunroof drain at all, only rears in C-pillar which routes to rear wheel arch.

2. Tried to search the forum and found air conditioner drain pipe fault - checked the air conditioner drain pipe at first which sits exactly in that side where the wet footwell is. Pipe looks like sits right in place.

3. Sunroof drain pipes re route recall - does anybody has this recall number and PDF file to see how it repairs. I checked my warranty history and recall P009 for sunroof clips was repiared. Nice to see that it was done during warranty. At the same time P014 recall was done. It's Electric Booster Heater (PTC Heater) Operation, a part of the job in this recall is "Renew PTC heater, spacer & Drain tube and re-fit fuse (where applicable)" I guess the drain tube is that problematic one which was changed too.

To check the drain pipes I used clyster with water and after check the drain pipes are OK water goes through rear wheel arches under the car, no water inside.

4. Rubber seal for sunroof is worn, the should be a spillage to headliner or pillars -- A-pillar, B-pillar, C-pillar are completely dry.

Now I'm thinking to leave the with the engine running and AC on to check drain pipe again. Passenger seat removed, carpets lifted, trims removed I can not find any hole for the water.

Last edited by gruodiz on 13th Oct 2012 1:32 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #157403 13th Oct 2012 12:02 pm
gruodiz

Pictures in my gallery

Post #157409 13th Oct 2012 12:46 pm
gruodiz

First thought cut the b@lls for a mech who did roofrails removal job.

Dried the car completely, put all trims, carpet, seat back in place double checked with the clyster and water for any drain leaks inside the garage. It was time for the car to wash with pressure wash and hands so took the car outside. During the wash I saw the carper in left side wet again and started to trace where it comes from. I found that it comes from the door seal on the cars frame so removed that seal and saw water running from the gap between metal sheets in A-pillar. The thing is that mech who removed roof rails did not seal the holes for botls and in big rain or pressure wash water goes through that hole inside.

I removed weatherstrips, temporary glued those holes with the special tape, finished washing the car and said hello to all trims, seat bolts again in garage. The car drying again. Will put right bolts with rubber seal in those holes and will order new weather strips as those were previously damaged.

It was much water inside again and most of it in the rear section as the rear section is much lower than front so if you have conditioner drain pipe problem also, you have to raise the rear of the vehicle lift the carpet in front and use towel at first. 50cm hill for rear wheel is right what you need.

BTW I see that Freel's door seal which sits on the body is not good as Discovery3. Freels seal is sitting dry and not sealing so good. I've changed Disco3 driver side door seal with brand new because the old one was worn and threadbare so the seal was with some king of glues inside for better sealing.

Finally I fount the problem, now I have to fix it.

Pics in my gallery again

Post #157498 14th Oct 2012 5:16 pm
Telfred

South Africa 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Barolo Black
AC drain pipe fix

Hi

I had the same AC drain issue. Mine was a clogged drain pipe and the imagery differs to Chicken George

I posted images and a how to here: http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showth...erid=73738 _____________________________________
Me: 2008 i6 HSE Freelander 2 black. (;D)
Me: 1.6l Renault Megane ??? (Sold)
Wife: 2.0l Tucson Gls

Post #285220 23rd Dec 2015 7:26 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12