Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Wanted] 2013 Free lander 2 Metropolis,HSE LUX or HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Carlshac

United Kingdom 
[Wanted] 2013 Free lander 2 Metropolis,HSE LUX or HSE

Just joined Freel2 as I am in search of my next motor. could not stomach these new bland SUV demanding such high prices with little or no space to swing a cat, Little character & luxury that feels cheated. so I started looking at older ones. Never thought i would end up searching for a FL2. done loads of research & speaking to a family mechanic. I must admit now I get why so many people like the FL2. Shocked

The Mrs will have it in the week doing minimal mileage & I will set if free at the weekends. Wink

Long story short I'm a newbie looking for my first Land rover, Can any one help hook me up! Thumbs Up

Searching high & low.

after researching & reading on this forum the SD4 is for me I think. FL2 for an equal balanced LR experience at a liveable price tag.

Basically I think I'm after a Metropolis, HSE LUX or HSE For obvious reasons I guess.
I have my eye on a 14 Metropolis,101k FSH by LR, Cam&pump Done, Black with ivory white interior. Cracking wagon but its just the interior, I think black is best suited as I have a dog & break out dirt from walking

The seats are worn, not terrible but is there a way I can get them refurbed to its better self?

if anyone's got something along these lines in any other interior than white give me a shout! Bow down

Budget 10-13k

Or would you think this Budget is ambitious? Big Cry
or would it be the wrong time to buy price wise. then again I suppose there is never a rite time to buy a LR.LOL
I will fill up with my head held high knowing that its surely worth it for some crazy reason, with a smile hopefully.... Razz

Post #419989 30th Mar 2022 4:09 pm
Bogart

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

Whereabouts are the seats worn?

Post #419992 30th Mar 2022 5:03 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Perhaps not the spec you want but there’s a 2008 TD4 XS diesel auto 80204 miles on at Platinum Car Centre in Plymouth for £7695. Not seen it, it was pointed out to me by a friend who was viewing one of their other cars on-line

Post #419996 30th Mar 2022 6:19 pm
Carlshac

United Kingdom 

I will have a look thanks. The reason I was thinking that spec is because thinking about it in good time it will hold its price pretty well & obviously being desirable. Also I will be eventually towing with it, discussions on here recommend SD4 for towing.

My other thinking is should I look for one that has no tow bar, therefore has not previously towed, reducing the risk of being put under strain in the past, as there is no way of telling what it has actually towed. Or am I over thinking it.lol

Finally should I be looking for mileage as low as possible or above 100k as prices seem to drop past that point ?

Post #420001 30th Mar 2022 8:29 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Hi and welcome.
Good decision. Freelander 2 is an excellent tow car. Mine replaced a Discovery 2 and I actually find it better with the exception of the 2 ton limit. Sd4 is a lovely driving car.
Fitted seat covers for dog use? Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #420016 31st Mar 2022 12:47 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

From what you say - seat covers are the way forward.

Seems there are plenty to choose from (if they are still being made?)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=land+rover+se...g4xcsaql_b

As for the FL2 - SD4 gives the best driving experience, don't worry over the exact model as lots of FL2s were 'speced up' with extras when first sold. - Just study the adverts and pictures carefully. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #420034 31st Mar 2022 8:04 pm
pinhead

Don't discount the dynamic
I just picked one up to replace my 08 hse and it's great not missing anything from my hse at all

Post #420035 31st Mar 2022 9:36 pm
Carlshac

United Kingdom 

that is a nice motor!, only thing I think I would miss out on with the dynamic is the sunroof for some reason. lol. I have been looking all day & am hopefully looking at the following-

14-Mertropolis,Black with white interior (At face value white seems to be in a lot better condition to the first one) 116k on Clock,FSH,12 months MOT & warranty priced @ £13k i think looking round realistically its worth 12k in line with current market but we will see.

they also have a dynamic 14- black with two tone black & red seats same dealer as above 127k on clock Priced at 10.5K

I am now in a view that mileage I am not so worried about due to the mrs doing minimal miles therefore mileage will catch up with its self in time. Just needs to be in good condition, Rather have higher mileage from a long commute opposed to lower mileage lady owner popping about getting in & out the car 20 times a day wearing the interior.

am I thinking along the rite lines, if not by all means put me rite.

Post #420049 1st Apr 2022 8:35 pm
Carlshac

United Kingdom 

Fitted seat covers for dog is a good shout, TBH she will be in a cage in the boot mostly, just when we go away & luggage is in boot she will have to be on the back seat.

also looked at cleaning & conditioning white seats seems fairly simple & beneficial every 6 months

Post #420051 1st Apr 2022 8:38 pm
pinhead

I am not fussed about a sunroof at all and think the dynamic styling looks better than a hse but that's all just personal preference
That one cost me £11.5k 2 weeks ago with 98k on the clock
Very very tidy and clean underneath
I think it has spent most nights garaged
It also has the red and black leather

Milage on these seems to really effect value roughly 1k less for every extra 10k Miles over average

Post #420053 1st Apr 2022 9:31 pm
Carlshac

United Kingdom 

Seems like you got a good deal there buddy,given the current market & availability at the moment. Thumbs Up I'm actually quite surprised on what isn't on the market & how few of the top spec models are about given the fuel price rise & amount of people that seem to be drawn to the everyday SUV crossovers that others offer.(in my view non of them offer LR level of engineering, comfort & refinement wrapped up in one machine)

I have searched the market in my budget and found the following.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224910660689?mk...media=COPY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224820655133?mk...media=COPY

If I could have your views & thoughts on the above it would be much appreciated. P.s I have extra photos on interior on the Metropolis & the leathers look good, could do with a good deep clean,conditioning & protection then I think it would be tip top.(mileage on both may be high but like I said it won't be used for day to day commute,so in theory mileage should catch up with age over time,Mrs only does 3k a year.lol)

I am looking for a FL2 that I like but also has a good desirability which will prove well if I sell it in the future, that being said that may be a long time as the ride in these are so enjoyable. or if I have an opportunity to upgrade.

I'm viewing both monday

Post #420070 2nd Apr 2022 10:34 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

The Metro has most equipment as standard, and I am very pleased with mine.
An excellent luxurious choice, but priced to reflect this.

These are at Autotrader

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?so...ar-to=2022 FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #420071 2nd Apr 2022 10:56 pm
Carlshac

United Kingdom 

Cheers buddy, I have looked on auto trader for the past 2 weeks everyday. Theres only 2 in my budget 13k.
first one in Woodstock was mint but leathers are not good, drivers cracked up n all are sun damaged, I know it's a 8 year old car but all it would of took is a little bit of care n leather maintenance, I don't think I could live with the condition of them otherwise I would of had it, I think this is why it hasn't shifted yet.

Second one the dealer seems to be hit n miss also don't like the fact the tail is covered in stickers, could be a nightmare to remove leaving paint fade due to not being exposed to sun underneath stickers ( the same a moving your sofa & revealing unworn carpet)

I know it probably seems I'm being picky but just can't understand the lack of care towards these & am not prepared to risk it, what else has been left uncared for ????

P.s I am actually swaying towards the dynamics seem to have much higher quality leathers that age very well. Thumbs Up

Post #420072 2nd Apr 2022 11:14 pm
Badger51

Australia 

Carlshac wrote:
Seems like you got a good deal there buddy,given the current market & availability at the moment. Thumbs Up I'm actually quite surprised on what isn't on the market & how few of the top spec models are about given the fuel price rise & amount of people that seem to be drawn to the everyday SUV crossovers that others offer.(in my view non of them offer LR level of engineering, comfort & refinement wrapped up in one machine)

I have searched the market in my budget and found the following.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224910660689?mk...media=COPY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224820655133?mk...media=COPY

If I could have your views & thoughts on the above it would be much appreciated. P.s I have extra photos on interior on the Metropolis & the leathers look good, could do with a good deep clean,conditioning & protection then I think it would be tip top.(mileage on both may be high but like I said it won't be used for day to day commute,so in theory mileage should catch up with age over time,Mrs only does 3k a year.lol)

I am looking for a FL2 that I like but also has a good desirability which will prove well if I sell it in the future, that being said that may be a long time as the ride in these are so enjoyable. or if I have an opportunity to upgrade.

I'm viewing both monday

Make sure you check that they’ve both had the cam belt/water pump & all other associated components changed, as they should have been done at seven years. (Now Sold). 2008 Freelander 2 (Nazca Sand) SE TD4 Auto. Statutory write off & on WOVR for hail damage but still road legal.
171037Km as of 09/05/22
Superchips Bluefin Flash
Nanocom Evo II (also sold)

Post #420074 2nd Apr 2022 11:32 pm
Carlshac

United Kingdom 

Thanks both will have new cambelt & water pump. What else should be changed if you don't mind me asking. Also when should the haldex & rear diff be serviced?. Cheers

Post #420082 3rd Apr 2022 12:45 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>