Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Rear Passenger door will not open.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Tankie1rtr

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey
Rear Passenger door will not open.

Hello All.
I have a FR2 HSE, 2009 plate, everything was ok but the other day I found out that my rear passenger door will not open from either the inside or the outside. I have tried the trick of banging the inside door trim with my palm whilst clicking on the key fob, but no luck there is only me and the missus, we are both retired have no kids, so we do not use the child locks, and I have never had anybody sitting in the back since I got the motor 2 years ago. I cannot hear the solonoid energise in the door when i lock and unlock off the keyfob.

I have started to take of the door panel, undid the 4 screws ect. but i cannot unclip the door panel because the door will not open, If anybody could please give me any ideas how to fix this problem, I would be forever thankful. my motor is due for MOT and it will not pass as it is, plus i need the motor as my dad has heart problems, he is 85 and doesnt drive,
Thank You

UPDATE. UPDATE.

I have also just discovered that the door which is locked and wont open, is the only door that the window will not energise either, so I am now thinking that either there is a break in the 12v feed to the door actuator and the window motor, or a connector block has com adrift inside when the door has been opened and closed. either way, the door card has to come off, and thats the ball ache. I cant get it off with the door closed. I will try taking the rear seat out see if that will help, but i very much doubt it Sad

Last edited by Tankie1rtr on 30th Mar 2022 6:31 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #419956 29th Mar 2022 5:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Does it unlock with the button on the dash ? Sounds like a door actuator.

Post #419959 29th Mar 2022 6:58 pm
Tankie1rtr

Hello mate.
No it doesnt unlock with the button on the dash. I have just this minute been out to try it with the dash button, when i press Lock, all the tabs on the doors lo to the lock position, except the door that will not open, when i press the unlock button, all the tabs on the doors, spring outwards to the unlocked position, except the one on the door that will not open, so I am with you that it is the door actuator, BUT I still dont know how I can get the door card off the broken door, because it will not open, i do not have the room to pop the door card off, IF I can do that, then i can do the repairs.

Post #419960 29th Mar 2022 7:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Did you try google or even a forum search? Don't know if any of this will help but:
https://www.freel2.com/forum/post355870.html

Google:
https://www.google.com/search?q=FL2%20remo...0closed%3F

Post #419963 29th Mar 2022 8:29 pm
Tankie1rtr

Hi.
Thank you for your post. I have tried them both but not much luck, I wil carry on trying. all i want to do is get the door card off, then i can start the repair to the lock or replacement, but its getting the card off thats the problem.

Post #419965 29th Mar 2022 8:56 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Sorry wrong door!

Post #419966 29th Mar 2022 9:13 pm
Simon J

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Rimini Red

You’ve probably seen this excellent video from Powerful UK but if not, it’s worth a look -

If you have the four screws undone, perhaps all you can do is cut the door card to get it off in pieces? Brutal, but perhaps the only option since the door won’t open. It shouldn’t be too hard to source a replacement on fleaBay or elsewhere.

Post #419971 30th Mar 2022 6:30 am
SYFL2

Probably won’t work but have you tried holding down the unlock button on the fob for a few seconds ?

Post #419973 30th Mar 2022 7:20 am
DigDil

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

Something simple to try have you moved the tab/toggle switch below the handle into the unlocked position? (ie out) and then unlock with the key.

Just my rear door actuator has failed and doesn't lock the door so I manually moved the toggle and it never unlocks it which works for me until I get time to replace it.

Post #419976 30th Mar 2022 9:25 am
Tankie1rtr

Simon J wrote:
You’ve probably seen this excellent video from Powerful UK but if not, it’s worth a look -

If you have the four screws undone, perhaps all you can do is cut the door card to get it off in pieces? Brutal, but perhaps the only option since the door won’t open. It shouldn’t be too hard to source a replacement on fleaBay or elsewhere.

Hi Simon.
Yes I have seen that video, but its not much help as my door is locked in the closed position. but Thank You for your help.

Post #419977 30th Mar 2022 11:19 am
Tankie1rtr

SYFL2 wrote:
Probably won’t work but have you tried holding down the unlock button on the fob for a few seconds ?

Hi SYFL2.
Yes I have tried this, but to no avail. but Thank You for your help.

Post #419978 30th Mar 2022 11:21 am
Tankie1rtr

DigDil wrote:
Something simple to try have you moved the tab/toggle switch below the handle into the unlocked position? (ie out) and then unlock with the key.

Just my rear door actuator has failed and doesn't lock the door so I manually moved the toggle and it never unlocks it which works for me until I get time to replace it.

Hi DigDil.
Yes I have tried that, nothing happens, its as though it is deadlocked and nothing I can do will unlock it. but Thank you for your help.

Post #419979 30th Mar 2022 11:22 am
SYFL2

I’m out of ideas after this and I don’t hold out any hope but maybe the old hard reset may help it’s a quick and easy thing to try. Good luck pal it must be a worry with the test coming up.

Post #419980 30th Mar 2022 12:26 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Time for the big guns! (nice avatar!)

Someone inside with their feet against the door pushing, someone outside pulling on door and handle! Thumbs Up

Post #419982 30th Mar 2022 12:59 pm
SYFL2

Yes nice avatar but he wasn’t in the army he just went to Ukrainian and found that tank.

Post #419983 30th Mar 2022 1:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>