Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Well I thought it funny….
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Well I thought it funny….

As we all know things are “happening” at the moment, but living just 15 miles from a major Royal Navy base we keep an eye on various comings and goings, mainly to know when not to go down to our beach one evening when it’s being use for a mock invasion event with JSF Whistle

Anyhoo, took a look today to keep track on various floaty things and found three of our “Tugs” off the Finish/Russia seaboard

Made me laugh a bit, the “tugs” must have taken weeks to get there Rolling with laughter

When they come back they will be tagged with the normal identifiers, but made me smile today.

Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #419576 17th Mar 2022 7:38 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

I wonder what they'll turn out to be ? Jules

Post #419620 18th Mar 2022 6:26 pm
Boxbrownie

We know…… Whistle Regards

David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #419624 18th Mar 2022 6:40 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

trawlers?

Well that's what the Russians seem to have a lot of, scattered all over the world, as soon as something interesting turns up - there's a Russian trawler "fishing" nearby. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #419633 18th Mar 2022 8:11 pm
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Don't worry. It's just our very own RNLI covertly picking up "refugees" from further afield Rolling with laughter

Post #419635 18th Mar 2022 8:42 pm
Boxbrownie

No, it’s a few of our own lads stuck in three really quite over armed Tugs Wink Regards

David

Post #419637 18th Mar 2022 9:03 pm
Dartman the one

England 

Today's "tugs" look far diffent to the tugs of yesteryear and have many purposes apart from towing, it's just a class designation, much depends on the colour Laughing my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #419647 19th Mar 2022 10:05 am
Boxbrownie

In that case you must have known from your location that just a few days ago the new HMS Queen Elizabeth,oh sorry soon to be another Tug, was in Loch Long at Glenmallan fueling up for a long journey…..I wonder where? Wink Regards

David

Post #419648 19th Mar 2022 10:50 am
Dartman the one

England 

No, the QE is still a carrier Laughing but some tugs now look like oil support vessels, many are designated tugs dependent on deck fittings and some are painted grey and have an A designation on the hull others appear to be purely commercial but I won't tell you the hull colours but their secondary task is not apparent.
Bit like the Airbus 320 Boris had painted pretty colours, it's main task is in flight refuelling which it can do also carrying VIPs, whether it has been used to refuel carrying VIPs may be moot but it has that capability depending on the flight distance, you will also find it is also used to carry service personnel to their duties in various operating regions as are the grey painted ones. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #419649 19th Mar 2022 11:55 am
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Boxbrownie wrote:
In that case you must have known from your location that just a few days ago the new HMS Queen Elizabeth,oh sorry soon to be another Tug, was in Loch Long at Glenmallan fueling up for a long journey…..I wonder where? Wink

Wouldn't fancy filling that at £1.80 a litre 🤔 Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #419650 19th Mar 2022 12:24 pm
Boxbrownie

Dartman the one wrote:
No, the QE is still a carrier Laughing but some tugs now look like oil support vessels, many are designated tugs dependent on deck fittings and some are painted grey and have an A designation on the hull others appear to be purely commercial but I won't tell you the hull colours but their secondary task is not apparent.
Bit like the Airbus 320 Boris had painted pretty colours, it's main task is in flight refuelling which it can do also carrying VIPs, whether it has been used to refuel carrying VIPs may be moot but it has that capability depending on the flight distance, you will also find it is also used to carry service personnel to their duties in various operating regions as are the grey painted ones.

Yes, don’t worry know about those Tugs, but the ones around here are called names like “SD Faithful” “SD Powerful” etc.

And they are classic “tugs”…..none of this mamby pamby Jack of all trades stuff, these are little bruisers Rolling with laughter

It is funny though when you track a few warships bristling with enough tech to puncture the Moon and then they turn into “tugs” overnight.

One of our neighbours up the hill was senior chief mechanical at Devonport…….he still glows at night Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Post #419661 19th Mar 2022 6:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1